Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 04-29-2012, 06:19 AM
hR Staff Writer

I hope Minnifield regains full fitness, he could be a keeper for us.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Great Spirit

Woke up expecting to see a bunch of draft analysis and draft grade threads. Is nobody excited or is it just RGIII hangover lol. I'd do it but I'm lazy and not very knowledgable.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Great Spirit

Mel Kiper liked the Eagles draft (A), but gave the rest of the NFC East C+ grades:

"I think RG3 will be a very good player, and I think he can be pretty good right out of the gate, but he's this draft for Washington, and he came at the cost of (likely) three future starters."

Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
Hot dog! Meatoga at DT. Please tell me he's Samoan. Would make me feel a little better about losing Ta'amu.
Yep. He's Samoan.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by flave1969 View Post
I hope Minnifield regains full fitness, he could be a keeper for us.
What happened to Minnifield to have microfracture surgery performed? How difficult is it to come back from this? Didn't Hankerson have microfracture surgery on his hip?

"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that.' Sean Taylor

Old 04-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by native skin View Post
What happened to Minnifield to have microfracture surgery performed? How difficult is it to come back from this? Didn't Hankerson have microfracture surgery on his hip?

NOOOOOOO.. Hankerson had Labral surgery.. an entirely different type of procedure with a far better long term prognosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEONAWARPATH View Post
Yep. He's Samoan.
i think the comparison might be to our own Kendrick Golston.. an undersized player who can be disruptive and plays with a lot of heart and effort.. that is who he will have to also push off the roster to get a spot

Old 04-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
NOOOOOOO.. Hankerson had Labral surgery.. an entirely different type of procedure with a far better long term prognosis

i think the comparison might be to our own Kendrick Golston.. an undersized player who can be disruptive and plays with a lot of heart and effort.. that is who he will have to also push off the roster to get a spot

Thanks Shally. I was hoping you'd chime in. That's good news for our receiving corps and I hope he can recuperate by the time the season starts. Do you know where he is with his rehab?

"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that.' Sean Taylor

Old 04-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Mel Kiper liked the Eagles draft (A), but gave the rest of the NFC East C+ grades:

"I think RG3 will be a very good player, and I think he can be pretty good right out of the gate, but he's this draft for Washington, and he came at the cost of (likely) three future starters."
He is treating draft picks like 1 for 1 commodities with no attached risk. Each one is a roll of the dice, not 3 starters, more likely 1.5 to 2 on average and spread over 3 drafts. He's also saying that not having a 2nd round pick makes the first player you take "your whole draft". Only ONE pick was lost in this years draft. Basically his assessment is totally nonsensical. Baisically he's admitting that he was feeling lazy and gave out grades based on only the first 2 rounds.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Scalper

Soak it up ladies and gents! This guy is finally our QB. I hope we see highlights like this every week, 16 games a year, for the next 10 years (or more).

http://youtu.be/JaLn5bm0CY4

Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Soak it up ladies and gents! This guy is finally our QB. I hope we see highlights like this every week, 16 games a year, for the next 10 years (or more).

http://youtu.be/JaLn5bm0CY4
Beautiful play where he rolls left and completes to the back right pylon in the endzone. Nice downfield vision and great execution.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Sachem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post

In reading the PFW draft book this year, I was struck by how many prospects had undergone labral surgery and went on to successful college careers. It made me feel a lot better about the prospects of Hankerson picking up where he left off next season-if he does, our playoff chances improve exponentially.

We already have two somewhat undersized NTs.
Looking at the list, I don't really think any of the 12 guys we signed has a decent chance to make the team. Maybe Creer if Morris does not impress and Hightower is not re-signed.

I was hoping we would sign C Mike Brewster of Ohio Staten and OT Mike Adams of Columbia, FS Aaron Henry of Wisconisn, CB Coryell Judie and FS Shawn Anderson.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Thanks Shally. I was hoping you'd chime in. That's good news for our receiving corps and I hope he can recuperate by the time the season starts. Do you know where he is with his rehab?
you are welcome... also, he is being moved to DE, so that makes the comparison even closer to Golston, IMHO

Old 04-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins7ny View Post
In reading the PFW draft book this year, I was struck by how many prospects had undergone labral surgery and went on to successful college careers. It made me feel a lot better about the prospects of Hankerson picking up where he left off next season-if he does, our playoff chances improve exponentially.

We already have two somewhat undersized NTs.
Looking at the list, I don't really think any of the 12 guys we signed has a decent chance to make the team. Maybe Creer if Morris does not impress and Hightower is not re-signed.

I was hoping we would sign C Mike Brewster of Ohio Staten and OT Mike Adams of Columbia, FS Aaron Henry of Wisconisn, CB Coryell Judie and FS Shawn Anderson.

Being moved to 3/4 DE, so that should be a better fit for him than NT

Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
The time spent grooming our back up is time that should be spent grooming our franchise QB, nothing is more important for this team. Cousins is a distraction.
I have no problem with a Cousins like pick next year, once Griffin is embedded, but RG3 needs to be the focus 100% this year.

Secondly Rex Grossman is likely to be that insurance policy you talk about if injury strikes.

Thirdly if Griffin III stays healthy and plays well, do you really see Cousins getting the opportunity to display abilities that could be parlayed into a 1st round pick. We needed that 4th round pick used on someone you hope to see the field, whether in a depth role or on special teams. Cousins is likely in the only position on the squad you hope doesn't need to come in.
Can't disagree more.

Preparation to play QB involves film study and reps for the most part. I'm sure Redskins park has TV's that have a wide enough viewing angle for two more QB's to watch, and the sound is enough for all to hear.
:
Reps will primarily go to RGIII. The remainder of the reps will be split between Rex and Cousins just as they would for any team. Rex provides you the luxury of already knowing the offense, so now is a good time to groom a backup/plan b. If RGIII blows out a knee we're right back where we were last season. I'd rather not relive 2011 and move forward. A lot of people are being overly sensitive to the 4th round investment, but its the most important position on the field and depth there is a must.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post

Kiper was one of the "experts" that rated Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning... And in this era, a quality QB has more impact, both short term and long term, than 3 potential starters at any other position. A stellar QB, can have more impact than an entire 11 man unit.
Quote:
They have back ups for established QB's. RG3 is not established himself yet, I don't want any distraction in that process. That is my issue at this point in time. As I say a couple of years down the line this kind of pick makes absolute sense to me, just not at this point in time.
There won't be any distraction. RGIII is the man, period. Cousins will be a good influence on him. Better than any veteran, IMO. Cousins wasn't made his team captain for 3 years (a record, I believe) for being about himself. This gives RG a true peer, that will support and help him with his development and be ready to play if RGIII gets hurt, with the confidence of his teammates.

This situation is not at all like the Shuler/Frerotte situation. There is no competition.

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross