Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Mohican Draft Tribe

DFA: Akh's 2012 Draft Review
Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
hR Staff Writer

Default DFA: Akh's 2012 Draft Review

Link

Guff on!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Spirit

Jags had my favorite draft in a while. ANGER!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Spirit

nice job. we are on the same wavelength on the cowboys,eagles. the media kissing there butts is old. i thought the claiborne pick was almost as stupid as his test taking skills. and philly didnt impress me outside of boykin and cox

Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan36 View Post
nice job. we are on the same wavelength on the cowboys,eagles. the media kissing there butts is old. i thought the claiborne pick was almost as stupid as his test taking skills. and philly didnt impress me outside of boykin and cox
Some teams get a pass from ESPN et al. Why, is probably because they leak more then a polish submarine to their pundits.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Some teams get a pass from ESPN et al. Why, is probably because they leak more then a polish submarine to their pundits.

Every pre break teaser ESPN was doing about who had the best draft they were throwing in the Girls at the ass end. Ugh media loves the Girls

Old 05-02-2012, 11:05 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWGZHEAD View Post
Every pre break teaser ESPN was doing about who had the best draft they were throwing in the Girls at the ass end. Ugh media loves the Girls
Dallas is still coasting on the rep from their 03 and 05 drafts. Philly from their amazing 02 draft(which they haven't even come close to repeating).

Old 05-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Dallas is still coasting on the rep from their 03 and 05 drafts. Philly from their amazing 02 draft(which they haven't even come close to repeating).
Dallas already had strong secondary needs, so why was Claiborne a bust? Was it the fact that they traded up 10 spots to get him? Part of me thinks that Jerry went all-in for Claiborne as a defensive reaction to us drafting RGIII.

Let me put it this way: If we hadn't sold the farm to get RGIII, and picked the best OG/OT available, would Jerruh still have traded up for Claiborne?

Old 05-20-2012, 11:16 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
Dallas already had strong secondary needs, so why was Claiborne a bust?
At safety. They spent 70+ million on 2 Cbs already and had Mike Jenkins around. Dealing up for Barron would have made more sense(but I don't think that he would fit in their defense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
Was it the fact that they traded up 10 spots to get him? Part of me thinks that Jerry went all-in for Claiborne as a defensive reaction to us drafting RGIII.

Let me put it this way: If we hadn't sold the farm to get RGIII, and picked the best OG/OT available, would Jerruh still have traded up for Claiborne?
I don't think it was solely due to Rg3, more RG3+The Giants WRs+The Eagles attack+dealing with the rest of the NFC.

Dallas still had bigger needs(especially at OG and FS), I understand the concept of overloading the pass defense to deal with the new winds rising out of the NFC, but missed actually fixing the problem imo.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Shaman

I think your draft review is mostly spot-on, particular Pitt and Cleve.

Hard to believe that the Steelers came up with DeCastro and Adams drafting so late and without having to move up.

On the flip side, the Browns seem to have taken stupid pills by the dozens. Hard to understand how they got bluffed by Minnesota into giving up a 4th, a 5th and a 7th for switching one spot. There was no way the Vikings would have selected Richardson when they have Peterson. As for trading the No. 3 spot to a third team which may pick Richarson, there was very little danger of that happening since Minnesota would no longer be assured of Matt Kalil if it had made such a trade.

Of course, there is also the question whether any RB, even a very good one, should be drafted as high as No. 3 in today's NFL.

After the bad move up for Richardson, the Browns compounded that mistake with another brain fart by using a first rounder on a QB who will soon be 29. By the time Weeden overcomes the learning curve, he will be at an age when QBs start to slide.

Add the lousy draft onto Holmgren's misplaying his bid for RG3 when Cleve had the most ammo, this has been a horrible offseason for a crappy team stuck in a division with three playoff teams. If I were a Browns fan, I would be livid.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Ghost Dancer

I've been flummoxed by this question ever since looking up Claiborne, how is he considered elite? Granted, he had a bunch of INTs but I have never seen a more physically limited "elite" CB. 4.5 40, 34" vertical, less than 10' broad jump. Those are good numbers for a linebacker. I think he could feast on collegiate competition (slower, less physical receivers and less accurate QBs) but at first blush, it seems that he may struggle against NFL speed/size/strength.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk157 View Post
I've been flummoxed by this question ever since looking up Claiborne, how is he considered elite? Granted, he had a bunch of INTs but I have never seen a more physically limited "elite" CB. 4.5 40, 34" vertical, less than 10' broad jump. Those are good numbers for a linebacker. I think he could feast on collegiate competition (slower, less physical receivers and less accurate QBs) but at first blush, it seems that he may struggle against NFL speed/size/strength.
It would be nice to see Claiborne get torched by RGIII.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:53 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk157 View Post
His quickness/technique are what set him apart imo. I see a lot of Dale Carter in him. He's going to bait Qbs into thinking that the WR is open only to see him close up.