Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 04-18-2012, 07:22 AM

So the question I am grappling with: September 30.....Do I pony up and go to the game? Chances are it will be blacked out on local TV (which means blacked out on D-TV as well...still havent' decided whether or not I will purchase Sunday Ticket this season)

Pros:

My money won't be supporting Dan Snyder directly
Raymond James blows Fed-Ex away in stadium experience
Tickets will be cheaper
Will be home within an hour after the game ends
Can take my kids to their 2nd Redskins game
Travel is 25 miles vs. 950+ miles

Cons:

My money would directly support the Glazers
September in Tampa is like July in DC, only hotter
Tickets will still be expensive, especially if I take the kids

It looks so far, as if the pros outweight the cons, but it is one I am going to have to give some thought to. I think there is an 85% chance I will not be able to watch this game on TV due to a blackout. It doesn't feel like this town is any more excited for a Greg Schiano team than they were for a Raheem Morris team, but the Bucs were active in free-agency so the fanbase may be excited.....hard to tell, right now it's all Rays all the time which is an easy team to get excited about.

Obviously one thing that would sway me is if a bunch of HR folks wanted to get together for that game in Tampa.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Chief

I'll buy it like i always do.the NFL says we have the 24th easiest schedule in the league.Pats and Cheeseheads have the league's easiest schedules.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-of-schedule

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
I'll buy it like i always do.the NFL says we have the 24th easiest schedule in the league.Pats and Cheeseheads have the league's easiest schedules.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-of-schedule
Can someone please explain to me how the Patriots and Packers get the easiest schedules? Didn't the Patriots have a cake walk schedule last season too? Also I'm pretty bitter about the first 3 out of 4 games being on the road.

I plan on going to the New Orleans opener. If we pull that game off we might surprise a lot of people this season.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangiest View Post
Can someone please explain to me how the Patriots and Packers get the easiest schedules?
Just the rotation of the league schedule. They aren't being given preferential treatment, if that's what you're worried about.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Chief

Quote:
Can someone please explain to me how the Patriots and Packers get the easiest schedules? Didn't the Patriots have a cake walk schedule last season too? Also I'm pretty bitter about the first 3 out of 4 games being on the road.

I plan on going to the New Orleans opener. If we pull that game off we might surprise a lot of people this season.
just the way the cookie crumbles.i do think the process needs tweaking by the powers that be that make the schedules.they need to find a way to make sure the year's previous playoff teams have the hardest schedules than those who don't.how they'll do that,is something they'll have to figure out.

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-18-2012, 01:17 PM

Since so much changes from year to year, there is no guarantee that when the season is over GB and NE will have had the easiest schedules. That is wholly based on last year's results and every year about half of the playoff teams turnover (meaning 6 of the 12 playoff teams from the previous season fail to qualify in the next season). To me, the system is as close to perfect as you are going to get. You rotate the schedule so that you play an entire division in each conference. Thats 8 games. You play each division rival 2x for another 6 games. The last 2 games are conference games against teams in the 2 divisions not in the rotation that finished where you finished the previous season. In our case, these 2 games are the Rams and Vikings.

The scheduling does not need any further tweeking or added complexity. This is what parity and competitve balance gets you.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Healer

Quote:
To be fair, playing the Colts and Rams (4-28) will skew that.

That said, interesting to note the NFL piles it on the Pats by giving them 3 home games out of 4 to finish the season. Not sure what to call that - the Tuck Schedule, perhaps...?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Warrior

Funny how W/L speculation predictions always immediately follows publication of the schedule. Last year I was all over the board from 10-6 to 6-10. In reality, we just have no idea. I mean we beat the Super Bowl champs TWICE and we lose to Miami, Carolina and Minnesota.

I also find it funny that most judgment about how tough a schedule is uses analysis from last year. The NFL is topsy-turvy.

Finally, I also find it funny when some analyst point out how incredibly hard the Giants schedule is vs. Skins, Eagles or Cowboys. We all play each other twice, and we all play the AFC Central this year. There are only 1-2 games difference.

I am also tempering expectations in RGIII's first year. Cam Newton put up some tremendous numbers but Carolina still finished 6-10.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
I kinda like us getting the Saints real early a fast track for RGIII and Garcon.As people have mentioned to early to tell who is good who is bad. A long way to go before anyone can make real informed speculation.
our first two games are in domes...

Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 AM
HR's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by flave1969 View Post
I think our season will be made or lost in first 6 weeks. If we can come out 3-3 we will have some confidence going forward. If we struggle the schedule will feel even more brutal.

Early prediction based on knowing zip about this team.

@Saints L
@Rams W
Bengals L
@Bucs W
Falcons L
Vikings W
@Giants W
@Steelers L
Panthers L
Eagles L
Cowboys L
Giants W
Ravens L
@Browns W
@Eagles L
Cowboys W

7-9
Geeze Flave, you got us losing almost all of our home games, kinda a stinky year for me to have purchased season tickets eh? ;-)

Old 05-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Great Spirit

Potentially great break for the Skins (and the entire AFC). Terrell Suggs has torn his achilles. Unfortunately the Skins play them late - Dec. 9 - but it's possible he misses the entire season.

EDIT: Apparently I'm stupid

Last edited by cal_junior : 05-03-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Potentially great break for the Skins (and the entire AFC). Lee Suggs has torn his achilles. Unfortunately the Skins play them late - Dec. 9 - but it's possible he misses the entire season.
You mean Terrell Suggs? Lee Suggs was a RB for the Browns years ago, lol.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
You mean Terrell Suggs? Lee Suggs was a RB for the Browns years ago, lol.
I couldn't be happier to have gotten that guy's name wrong. Hate that team.

Yes, Terrell Suggs.