Old 05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCassain21 View Post
Your crazy if you honestly believe the caps are out playing the rangers. I'm a ranger fan for the record but I think it's been a very even series so far, both teams with heart breaking post shots. Definitely a heart pounding series. Just some great hockey.
The Caps were better in games 1 and 3. The Rangers might have the better end of things Monday night.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
The Caps were better in games 1 and 3. The Rangers might have the better end of things Monday night.
I can't speak on game 1, I was in Vegas for the weekend. But honestly I think it's just a bias for what team your cheering for. I've watched the 2nd and 3rd games and IMHO I think the rangers are playing better and have a better goalie to make up for the lapses in defense. As far as stats from game to game they have been pretty equal and as I said before its making up for some good hockey.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:23 PM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

Quote:
Lol spoken like a true homer. Do you think you guys are the only ones that have taken bad breaks? You guys might not have even won game 2 without a very questionable interference call, then to boot we bang two post shots. But that's hockey. Can you explain in what aspects of hockey the caps are dominating in?
The ones on the ice. Questionable call? Seriously? We breathe on Lundqvist and its two in the box. Don't even talk about post shots either. You've hit some but they're half the number we have.

You are lucky though, even on the national broadcast you get to hear homerific play by play. It makes me forget I am not watching MSG. Actually, I don't think the MSG guys are as biased.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
The ones on the ice. Questionable call? Seriously? We breathe on Lundqvist and its two in the box. Don't even talk about post shots either. You've hit some but they're half the number we have.

You are lucky though, even on the national broadcast you get to hear homerific play by play. It makes me forget I am not watching MSG. Actually, I don't think the MSG guys are as biased.
Im actually not a fan of the announcers. But as I asked before what aspects do you think the caps are completely out playing the rangers in?

And yes that was a very questionable interference call, looked to me like your guy skated into the path of Richards and got knocked over. Ovi does that to people all the time, I don't have a problem with that. I just don't feel like it was worth a penalty at that time in the game.

And at the end of the second period yesterday when there was a scramble in front of the net the caps guy jumped on the puck and covered it, isn't that suppose to result in a penalty shot?

Old 05-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
I can't speak on game 1, I was in Vegas for the weekend. But honestly I think it's just a bias for what team your cheering for. I've watched the 2nd and 3rd games and IMHO I think the rangers are playing better and have a better goalie to make up for the lapses in defense. As far as stats from game to game they have been pretty equal and as I said before its making up for some good hockey.
Like I said, the Rangers were slightly better than the Caps in Game 2. But Game 3 was the most dominant regulation the Caps have had in ten playoff games. The Caps were also the better team in Game 1, hitting, IIRC, four posts.

Lundy is amazing and the Rangers are very solid defensively. But they're a mediocre offensive team (at best). Boston had a dramatically better collection of skaters from top to bottom.

The problem Torts is going to have is that he's not rolling three D pairs. The longer this series goes the better for the Caps, who don't have to lean on their top-4 the way NY does. Unless the clock strikes midnight on Holtby I think the Caps win the series.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:47 PM

Well said, Cal.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Hunter

So are we going to talk about all the missed calls or did the caps just completely outplay us again??

Old 05-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Ghost Dancer

The Caps totally whooped your ass. Any questions?

Old 05-05-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
So are we going to talk about all the missed calls or did the caps just completely outplay us again??
Missed calls? The answer is yes though. The Caps totally outplayed the Rangers. You should be happy the game was as close as it was.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Missed calls? The answer is yes though. The Caps totally outplayed the Rangers. You should be happy the game was as close as it was.
You guys are so unbelievablely biased. You guys got away with a slash on Boyle right before the one on us got called, knuble punching the puck over the glass, the missed too many men on the ice. But I guess you all missed those.

And no you guys dominated the first period and got dominated the second period, and the third looked to me we were in control until that slashing penalty.

Oh well can't wait to see your excuses when you guys are sent packing.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:14 PM

You're spending too much time listening to the incredibly biased play by play on the MSGBC network. There was no slash on Boyle. They were both going for the puck. Of course that didn't stop the FORMER RANGER doing the game from acting like it was the same thing. Basically every time the Caps did something good, they would compliment the Rangers. It gets pretty laughable really.

I guess you don't think they missed any penalties on the beloved Rangers. Clearly they only committed two penalties. There was a trip in your own corner on Semin that wasn't called to name one.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Hunter

Quote:
You're spending too much time listening to the incredibly biased play by play on the MSGBC network. There was no slash on Boyle. They were both going for the puck. Of course that didn't stop the FORMER RANGER doing the game from acting like it was the same thing. Basically every time the Caps did something good, they would compliment the Rangers. It gets pretty laughable really.

I guess you don't think they missed any penalties on the beloved Rangers. Clearly they only committed two penalties. There was a trip in your own corner on Semin that wasn't called to name one.
You hav me completely wrong actually. I don't think either of them were slashes but if your going to call one then you have to call the other. But your guy sold his slash and had the crowd behind it too so he got it. I don't recall the trip you referred to but yes I'm sure they missed calls for both teams. I just brought up the obvious ones. I have no idea how they missed that delay of game or the too many men On the ice.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:35 PM

Too many men on the ice is very much a judgment call and isn't called much unless everyone is in play. I don't know where this one was but it does bother me that the Caps walk that line a lot.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Healer

All I have seen is two very evenly matched teams with nonstop hustle and 2 great goalies. This one is going to come down to the wire. From where I am sitting, it appears that neither team has a clear advantage over the other.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
All I have seen is two very evenly matched teams with nonstop hustle and 2 great goalies. This one is going to come down to the wire. From where I am sitting, it appears that neither team has a clear advantage over the other.
I think the Caps have been better, but the Rangers have an edge when it comes to the most important playoff position - goalie.