Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicefellow31 View Post
The Washington Federals were our USFL team that played in RFK Stadium in 1983 & 1984. I went to a couple of their games and they were terrible, the team not the game. The Feds (that's what we called them) moved to Orlando in 1984 where they were called the Renegades. Anybody else remember those guys or when their owner called the team gerbils after getting blown out by the expansion Jacksonville Bulls (with star WR Gary Clark) in the Bull's first game?
ricky sanders,kelvin bryant,doug williams,reggie white,hershel walker,jim kelly,
gary zimmerman,steve young.a lot of great players played in the usfl.steve spurrier actually was a good coach there,he just lost it in between florida and washington.it was not nfl football,but i loved it and watched it every week cause it was football.anytime you watch a bad football game,it's better than watching none at all.

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 05-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
It used to be tradition to change them up every few years. We wore 4 different unis in the 10 years between 1964 and 1974 alone. Then we changed to the current uni in 1980, won some rings with those and people act like we would be damaging tradition by moving to something else. Change is our tradition.

And IMO it's time to lose the Hog Snoots and dresses. We don't have Hogs anymore. We are 20 years removed from Hogs. Time to start some new traditions.

As long as our colors are burgundy and gold, and we keep the Ameri-Indian theme, I am down for change.
Agree 100%. The Hogettes are from our glory days of the past and our offensive line has been more like pig slop than any kind of hog. I never liked the white pants and would prefer....burgundy and gold. I really liked the retro uniforms they came out with a few years ago (true burgundy and gold with the spears on the helmut). A very sharp and intimidating look in my opinion.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Sentinel

Video of rookie TC

Old 05-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Shaman

Redskins nation on NOW has rookie camp coverage from the field. good stuff.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Ghost Dancer

Personally, I don't care what the uniform looks like. If they WIN, it's my favorite uniform.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Scalper

I don't really mind the white and red. I came to DC in '81 when I was 12 years old. It's been the traditional color scheme for me for 31 years. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the maroon and mustard combination. It looks dull and tired, like the manufacturers of the league's uniforms didn't have high quality materials. No offense to the old timers, that's just my opinion.

Now if we went with a color scheme like the FSU jerseys, I wouldn't have a problem with that. I like their gold pants and their jerseys, no doubt, are maroon. I wouldn't mind a spear on the helmet either. Of course, going with a gold helmet would be too much, although I do like it. It would be like we were completely stealing the FSU look. Use a different color scheme for the helmet, along with a different spear design and it could be pretty nice.

"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that.' Sean Taylor

Old 05-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Ghost Dancer

Is that the racquet ball court where Danny and Vinny used to make sweet, sweet love?

Old 05-04-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by native skin View Post
I don't really mind the white and red. I came to DC in '81 when I was 12 years old. It's been the traditional color scheme for me for 31 years. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the maroon and mustard combination. It looks dull and tired, like the manufacturers of the league's uniforms didn't have high quality materials. No offense to the old timers, that's just my opinion.

Now if we went with a color scheme like the FSU jerseys, I wouldn't have a problem with that. I like their gold pants and their jerseys, no doubt, are maroon. I wouldn't mind a spear on the helmet either. Of course, going with a gold helmet would be too much, although I do like it. It would be like we were completely stealing the FSU look. Use a different color scheme for the helmet, along with a different spear design and it could be pretty nice.

Did you know that FSU had to get the Redskins permission to use the spear that is worn on their helmets?

I am personally ready for some new unis and have been for about a decade now.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Hunter

Quote:
It used to be tradition to change them up every few years. We wore 4 different unis in the 10 years between 1964 and 1974 alone. Then we changed to the current uni in 1980, won some rings with those and people act like we would be damaging tradition by moving to something else. Change is our tradition.

And IMO it's time to lose the Hog Snoots and dresses. We don't have Hogs anymore. We are 20 years removed from Hogs. Time to start some new traditions.

As long as our colors are burgundy and gold, and we keep the Ameri-Indian theme, I am down for change.
I'd like to see us keep the current helmet but change to the old uniforms from the 40s(I think it was the 40s) The ones with the dull gold pants and the plain burgundy jersey with the Native American logo on the outside of the shoulder. If the helmet had to change the old spear logo wouldn't offend me.

As far as the Hogs, I'm kinda hoping this Leribeus kid can help revive it. I got a real kick out of his phone call with his mom and the guys at HH, especially the part where he says something like " I will shove the SH** out of you at the whistle". Seems like a fun and personable guy, I hope his play warrants the pick and he's a keeper.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Scalper

Quote:
Did you know that FSU had to get the Redskins permission to use the spear that is worn on their helmets?

I am personally ready for some new unis and have been for about a decade now.
I didn't know that. Well then we should take back whats rightfully ours!

"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that.' Sean Taylor

Old 05-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Warrior

Exclamation

I personally like the current look and see no real need to alter or change it in any way.......

Old 05-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
That's interesting. Is there a a reference or source for this information? I did some research, but came up empty.

The pupil and the master...
Old 05-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Warrior

Default The pupil and the master...

RGIII (thought bubble): No pressure... no diamonds. Earn the respect, earn the victories. Savor the glory.

Shanny (thought bubble): If I f*** this up, there goes the Hall of Fame.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Warrior

Can't get enough of this...

Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskinfan View Post

Can't get enough of this...
This warms the cockles of my heart. Thanks for posting.