Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Sports Fan Forums > Sioux General Sports Tribe

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Chief

QPR switched off when they no longer needed the result simple as that, but the title was lost against Everton a few weeks ago. Still hope QPR get relegated numerous times over the next few years.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:24 AM
hR Staff Writer

The right way to go out....

Old 05-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Healer

An Italian with his hands in the air can only mean one thing. But why is he surrendering...?

Old 05-13-2012, 11:51 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDisorder View Post
An Italian with his hands in the air can only mean one thing. But why is he surrendering...?
That would explain why Man City had a bunch of americans in front of them doing all the hard work

Old 05-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
That would explain why Man City had a bunch of americans in front of them doing all the hard work
Steroids, innit...

Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDisorder View Post
Next season's strips are being unveiled - includes Liverpool's new Warrior kit...

http://tinyurl.com/cxbs7ue
Liverpool's new Warrior kit is amazing. Love the simplicity and nod to yesteryear. I admit, I'll miss the adidas white triple-stripe, but its time to move on and start fresh.

United's jersey...on the other hand...

Last edited by dj_stouty : 05-14-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:11 AM
hR Staff Writer

King Kenny out.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Healer

Quote:
King Kenny out.
YANKS OUT!

Just kidding...

Inevitable really. The Suarez fiasco, poor results, 75mil on Downing, Henderson & Carroll, more poor results, closer to the Championship than the Champions League.

Just hope the fans are realistic - they hounded Woy out for a lot less...

Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Chief Moderator

Hearing Martinez, Rafa and AVB are leading candidates. I don't like AVB's inability to adapt, and Martinez was almost canned a few months ago before wigan's turnaround. Rafa? I'm on the fence with him.

I'd prefer to look a bit deeper and find the right guy.

GD - do you know if Clarke is going with Kenny or staying? I always thought he was brilliant in training and gametime coaching.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
Hearing Martinez, Rafa and AVB are leading candidates. I don't like AVB's inability to adapt, and Martinez was almost canned a few months ago before wigan's turnaround. Rafa? I'm on the fence with him.

I'd prefer to look a bit deeper and find the right guy.

GD - do you know if Clarke is going with Kenny or staying? I always thought he was brilliant in training and gametime coaching.
Clarke has already resigned in support of Dalglish. Not particularly enamoured with Martinez, AVB or Rafa either. To be honest it could be anyone...

Rumours of Brendan Rogers are growing - but if we're going down that route I'd prefer Norwich's Paul Lambert.

Whoever it is, Henry's got to give them time to rebuild otherwise it just becomes a revolving door of failure.

Gawd - the Skins, England & Liverpool. Must have seriously pissed someone off in a previous life...

Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Chief Moderator

Looking back...this was a very exciting season for English football.

*City's late and improbably comeback to win the league over an already celebrating United.
* Chelsea beating Barca and Bayern for the CL not long after sacking AVB. (and knocking Spurs out of CL)
* Newcastle selling Carroll, Barton and Enrique...not re-investing a cent...and still competing with the big dogs

Amazing performances (and some breakout performances) by Clint Dempsey, Aguero, Ba, Van Persie, Silva, Coloccini, ...etc.

Too many to list. It wasn't a great season for my Liverpool, but regardless a fun season to witness...

Old 05-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Great Spirit

After this morning's news, you really have to wonder what the point of following the Serie A is (aside from seeing Lazio be involved in every single scandal of course..lol).

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4091/...opoli-scandal#

Quote:
Lazio captain Mauri arrested in Scommessopoli scandal, Criscito and Conte under investigation
The Italian police have arrested the attacking midfielder, while the Zenit St Petersburg defender and Juventus coach were both also paid a visit by the authorities
Conte is under investigation for an alleged fix when he was coach at Siena, so Juve doesn't risk anything. There were also a bunch of other arrests, and more could follow.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:21 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post

Conte is under investigation for an alleged fix when he was coach at Siena, so Juve doesn't risk anything.
We're not worried at all. He was accused by a former player, the main accusation is that Conte came into the locker room and told the players "its a 1-1 draw, its been agreed"(or words to that effect). The problem is that no Siena players remembers Conte even implying that(even the player who's locker is next to the player who is making the accusations). The other allegation is that Conte knew about a deal he(the player) had with another team for a 2-1 Siena loss. No one can confirm it at all.

Even if Conte gets a ban(which he won't), he'll be the Juve manager after the ban.

Meanwhile, Zeman and roma are negotiating a deal reporting....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by akhhorus : 05-28-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
We're not worried at all. He was accused by a former player, the main accusation is that Conte came into the locker room and told the players "its a 1-1 draw, its been agreed"(or words to that effect). The problem is that no Siena players remembers Conte even implying that(even the player who's locker is next to the player who is making the accusations). The other allegation is that Conte knew about a deal he(the player) had with another team for a 2-1 Siena loss. No one can confirm it at all.

Even if Conte gets a ban(which he won't), he'll be the Juve manager after the ban.

Meanwhile, Zeman and roma are negotiating a deal reporting....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA
I wouldn't be that confident about Conte's fate. Still, worst case scenario for you guys is that you need a new coach, but there are worse things in life (see Lazio).

And Zeman and Roma are very close, which is actually fantastic news IMO.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:51 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I wouldn't be that confident about Conte's fate. Still, worst case scenario for you guys is that you need a new coach, but there are worse things in life (see Lazio).
They'll hire a caretaker if he gets suspended. Capello wouldn't surprise me in that scenario. Conte will be the coach when he gets reinstated if he is suspended(which I doubt). All they have is this one player's accusation(unless something has changed) and thats not enough especially if no one else can confirm that Conte knew(and did nothing) about a rigged match. They're also investigating Bonucci, but the player who accused Bonucci said that he did X on Y day with Bari, but he wasn't there when claimed.

Quote:
And Zeman and Roma are very close, which is actually fantastic news IMO.
Roma will be fun to watch if Zeman is the new coach, but they'll give up a ton of goals.

EDIT: Di Marzio is saying that Zeman/Roma have agreed on terms.