Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR Archives and Help Desk > Archive Forum

Old 05-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
I thought you never put any weight into anything shanahan says?
How would a fan impact Griff's perception of his new coach's statements?

(But for the record, you are wrong. You may recall I was ripped unmercifully on this site a few months back because I put a lot of value into what Mike and Kyle said about turnovers and the quarterback position.)

Old 05-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
How would a fan impact Griff's perception of his new coach's statements?

(But for the record, you are wrong. You may recall I was ripped unmercifully on this site a few months back because I put a lot of value into what Mike and Kyle said about turnovers and the quarterback position.)
True, if I recall you were ripped for discounting what shanny says as coach speak when it doesn't support your opinion but lauding it when it does support your opinion.

This kind of crap:

Quote:
but I promise you, he will do things that you have not seen quarterbacks do.
Is no different then

Quote:
I stake my reputation on Rex Grossman and John Beck
If you buy into shanahan's grandiose statements, as you seem to (in this case), then shanahan basically says he has everything he could ever want. Glad he isn't making excuses, but I will believe it when I see it in the win column. I am tired of big offseason talk especially from a coach who has failed miserably 2 years in a row.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
A fair question which did'nt require a smart a$$ answer like that.
I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinskin
That's just wrong. Are you standing by that statement? It appears you are either mischievously having fun just to cause trouble, or you have developed an appetite for CROW.
Ill take #1 for the win, but the crow wasnt half bad

Last edited by culpeper : 05-14-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
If you buy into shanahan's grandiose statements, as you seem to (in this case), then shanahan basically says he has everything he could ever want. Glad he isn't making excuses, but I will believe it when I see it in the win column. I am tired of big offseason talk especially from a coach who has failed miserably 2 years in a row.
I'm not buying into Shanny's comments from the 80th ceremony. You are missing the point entirely.

Last edited by cal_junior : 05-14-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by culpeper View Post
I disagree

Ill take #1 for the win, but the crow wasnt half bad
sounds like you eat enough to how and how not to cook and consume it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 05-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Sentinel

Saw Griff working out with the guys in the weight room on Redskins Nation. IDK why I didnt think he was able to workout until mini-camp? Either way, thought it was cool he was officially with his veteran teammates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
sounds like you eat enough to how and how not to cook and consume it.
Lets keep this thread on topic please.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Warrior

Quote:
Saw Griff working out with the guys in the weight room on Redskins Nation. IDK why I didnt think he was able to workout until mini-camp? Either way, thought it was cool he was officially with his veteran teammates.

Maybe you're thinking about Luck? Due to the way the league rules are structured, rookies are prohibited from working out with the team, other than the rookie mini-camp, until after they're done with the college semester classes, Luck won't be able to rejoin the Colts until the second week of June. Griffin already graduated, and was only taking graduate courses.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Chief Moderator

How well do you guys think RG3 will play in his first game? Maybe struggle a bit? Put up average numbers? Wow everyone with a fantastic performance?

I was thinking about this today, because DC fans have been treated to their young superstars having early success.

Remember Stausburg's first MLB game when he struck out 14 batters?

Then you have Harper, in his first week in the Majors getting beaned intentionally and then immediately became the youngest MLB'er in decades to steal home.

Then you have John Wall doing the Dougie. Ok, nevermind...

I'm not saying there should be any extra pressure added to RG3...just pointing out that as of late, DC's young superstars have had a reputation of amazing starts. Just like Clinton Portis taking his first touch in B&G to the house, It wouldn't surprise me for RG3 to excel in week one...

Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
How well do you guys think RG3 will play in his first game? Maybe struggle a bit? Put up average numbers? Wow everyone with a fantastic performance?

I was thinking about this today, because DC fans have been treated to their young superstars having early success.

Remember Stausburg's first MLB game when he struck out 14 batters?

Then you have Harper, in his first week in the Majors getting beaned intentionally and then immediately became the youngest MLB'er in decades to steal home.

Then you have John Wall doing the Dougie. Ok, nevermind...

I'm not saying there should be any extra pressure added to RG3...just pointing out that as of late, DC's young superstars have had a reputation of amazing starts. Just like Clinton Portis taking his first touch in B&G to the house, It wouldn't surprise me for RG3 to excel in week one...
I think that all really depends on how fast he picks up the playbook and gels with his receiving corps. Right now, all early indications are that he is well ahead of schedule. So, I'm going to air on the side of RGIII having a very impressive start.

We open against New Orleans. The team is in turmoil, and there is no telling when Brees will sign. If he isn't offered a lucrative, multi-year contract, then there may be an excessive holdout. With Payton sidelined for the year, as well as Vilma and their DE, this could further hurt New Orleans during their opening game.

That said, I think New Orleans is going to play with a massive chip on their shoulders and the Superdome will be very loud and raucous. They will bring the house after RGIII to rattle him. They will expect Shanny to open the game conservatively with multiple running plays and short, safe passes. If we fall into this trap, we could be in for a long day.

My hope is that Shanny has developed enough trust in RGIII to stretch the field from the opening play. Play up-tempo and drive down the field as fast as possible. This will force the defense to respect the deep pass (something they never had to worry about with Rex) and not cheat up on the line. Running lanes will open up for Hightower & Helu, and RGIII will bust a few runs in space. The crowd gets taken out of the game, and the Redskins win 30-17.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Healer

Quote:

Do you have a link to this video? I looked on redskins.com and can't find a video of him working out.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Chief

Quote:

you started talking about crow tasting good.tell that to your other personality!

—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 05-15-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergiemoore View Post
Maybe you're thinking about Luck? Due to the way the league rules are structured, rookies are prohibited from working out with the team, other than the rookie mini-camp, until after they're done with the college semester classes, Luck won't be able to rejoin the Colts until the second week of June. Griffin already graduated, and was only taking graduate courses.
This is exactly the reason. Griffin has graduated.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Chief

are there any restrictions on the juniors who came out keino?

—Mark Twain

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 05-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Great Spirit

Not my cup of tea, but perhaps some out there will be interested. This is posted on Facebook.com/NFLPA

Quote:
NFLPA Rookie Premiere Facebook Call-A-Fan Contest with Redskins QB Robert Griffin III

Washington Redskins 2012 first-round draft pick Robert Griffin III will personally call two lucky winners on Saturday, May 19. The two winners will have the chance to speak with RGIII via phone for 5 minutes each during Saturday’s @Topps and @ThePaniniAmerica photo shoot at the Rose Bowl. We will notify the winners on May 18.

Enter the NFLPA Rookie Premiere Facebook Call-A-Fan Contest with RGIII in two easy steps:

1. "Like" the NFLPA’s Facebook page
2. Tell us in the comments of this post: If you had 5 minutes to speak with RGIII, what would you ask him?

Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post
Do you have a link to this video? I looked on redskins.com and can't find a video of him working out.
It was on a redskins nation episode. They have some of those videos on redskins.com but I cant find it there either. He was just doing side lunges amongst the others. No hoopla, just working, people walking past without mics and paying him no mind. I was just glad to see he had already started in with the guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by bergiemoore
I forgot he graduated early. Bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredskinsfan1963
you started talking about crow tasting good.tell that to your other personality!
You're exhausting.