Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 08-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty
Gibbs knows that about 40% of the players in camp who look at his "playbook" won't be on the team, by week 1. He knows the risks...

I wonder just how much of the playbook a backup tackle actually gets to see.
Very true ... Winey isn't the only guy who has seen the playbook. I don't think this hurts us.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Great Spirit

i dont think he can take many damaging secrets with him. i think it will take a while for Gibbs to open up the whole playbook and each week will be a different game plan for a different team anyway.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf1218
i dont think he can take many damaging secrets with him. i think it will take a while for Gibbs to open up the whole playbook and each week will be a different game plan for a different team anyway.
LOL...if Whiny couldn't perform under this offensive system, how does one expect him to "describe it" to his new team?

Old 08-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Medicine Man

I read some time ago that there wasn't really an elaborate playbook, so to speak. Mostly, the players were taking notes.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Spirit

Gibbs could mail the freaking Giants a nicely wrapped copy of the entire playbook and those ass clowns still wouldn't be able to stop it. The Giants are a five win team at best and a certified PUHHHHHHH.

WHIT

Old 08-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Great Spirit

I see nothing to worry about. This happens every year.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Ghost Dancer

Anyone ever heard of a double agent? If gibbs knows exactly what this kid knows then he could use that information against them. What you THINK you know could be very dangerous. I don't like the idea and I think the giants were smart in doing so. They need the help on the oline and sun tzu says intelligence is the key to war.

On the other hand, does anyone remember the last game? When they first ran the sweep, that was the first time they ran it all preseason. The announcers said it was a new play. Each week Gibbs installs new offensive plays. He knows he's going to lose people and he's putting in more of his offense the closer he gets to the season. He still has to cut MANY people and he knows this. I think he's prepared.

Old 08-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins57
I see nothing to worry about. This happens every year.
Neither do I.....I just wanted to use the word "flipped" in a thread in this context. Heard it on NYPD Blue two season ago and wanted to use it ever since.
A buffalo herd can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo & those are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole because the health of the herd keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. Similarly, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Intake of alcohol, killing the slowest & weakest brain cells first, makes the brain a faster, more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Old 08-25-2004, 12:18 PM
hR Staff/Spanish Translation

I think Gibbs will be using a lot of plays specially designed for some teams, and Whiney will not be able to know which ones he know will be used against the Giants. Hey! Maybe only Gibbs and Buges know for sure!

"You can't be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes. I've been blessed. God looked out for me. I'm happy."
- Sean Taylor

Old 08-25-2004, 02:14 PM

didnt one player say that gibbs hasnt even put in all the plays yet? im not worried...

Quote:
Thanks to Gibbs' popularity, there appear to be some crowd control issues that need to be addressed for 2005. Nearly 20,000 spectators attended Fan Appreciation Day, and club officials are considering holding that event at FedEx Field in the future.
the redskins officials must read this board. i suggested this immediately after FAD. i hope they do it. i think we could fill the stadium......

~R.I.P Sean Taylor 1983-2007~

Old 08-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Spirit

hmmmmmmmmm........... We cut Brandon Winey early in our pre-season AND after losing Jansen. Obviously there was something they did not like about him.

What does that say about their OL to take such an early cast-off?

Old 08-25-2004, 06:14 PM
2006 and 2010 Fantasy NASCAR Champ!!

Knowing the plays and stopping them are 2 different things.
Do any of you older folks remember the movie BillyJack?
Well....BillyJack said,"I'm going to put this foot[points to his foot], on that side of your face[points to the other side of the mans face]....and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.BillyJack was right!