Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 09-14-2004, 12:23 PM

I couldn't disagree more with you Hanbrugerbum regarding Morton and the Fair catch at the 10.
The rule of thumb for a return-man is that if the ball is at the 10 yard line or further out, then you catch the ball and if it's going to land inside the 10, thenlet it go. Think about it. With 30 seconds to go and already fumbled exchanges, do we really want to have to run plays from our 1? Taking a knee would cause a safety. Morton did the right thing in this situation.

Old 09-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Great Spirit

Morton caught the ball so it turned out to be the right decision. If he had dropped it we'd be ripping him to pieces. Ah, the life of a punt returner in the NFL. I guess his paycheck makes up for it.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Brave

Good break down dj stouty.The Gardner drop and the idiot flailing around for Gibbs to challenge it bothers me alot.However Gibbs Should have challenged the Brunnell bad spot and If I am remembering correctly Sean Taylor made a tackle and forced a fumble but the refs called the wr down that was not challenged either,I believe it was in the second quarter.I was getting a feeling the refs where going to cost us the game,but fortunately we prevailed in the end.

Old 09-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Sentinel

Good stuff, DJ. Skins57 and I noticed that Marcus Washington lined up on the far wideout a couple of times on Sunday in Williams' defense. I noticed one play in which the receiver caught the ball and Washington mauled him for no gain. He celebrated a bit after the play and the crowd responded. I was very impressed with #53's range and am very excited about what he can add to the defensive unit this season.