Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 09-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMike
Oh yeah, and I also heard coach Gibbs say that if we need an emergency kicker, it would be Tupa....

Who knows though?
yes it says that on the article i pasted above. Tupa is definitely our utility man w/ his QB and kicking skills.

Old 09-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Warrior

I'm watching this very closely....he is my FF kicker and its sounds like he will play

Sep 17 Redskins kicker John Hall returned to practice in a limited fashion on Thursday. He missed Wednesday's session with a strained right hamstring and is listed as probable for Sunday's game against the Giants. "I took some light reps," Hall told the Washington Times. "I'll be good."
Views: Hall kicked through the injury last Sunday, and we're confident he'll be fine this week. He's a solid play as the Redskins face a struggling Giants club.

FANTASY ANALYSIS
Barring setbacks, it appears safe to start Hall in Week 2.

Wild Card Players are hard to find - We have 3!!!!
Old 09-18-2004, 07:31 PM
bgforever

Default Wild Card Players are hard to find - We have 3!!!!

Wild card players are rare and have multi-facets to their game, able to do all on a Pro Level with impact. RAC yardages is good with Gardner, who can catch, run, and throw strikes as a "former" QB convert.

Another player, with much more eperience at the Pro Level is Tom Tupa, who has QB'd in stretches with teams, punted on a regular basis, kicked field goals at crucial moments, and is of course a holder that is a threat to exercise fake kicks. He can also run for first downs, using his QB ability to throw from the Punting or Holder's position.

Clinton Portis showed good arc on the ball when he does throw. Hmmm. We already know what he can do in the backfield and catching it.

Brian Mitchell is closer to the Hall of Fame, more than people even know, since he is among the top two greats as a Special Teams returner, but he also QB'd the 1986 NFC Championship game (that's right Joe Gibbs took us to 5 of these). When we lost all QB depth in that game, Mitchell was the emergency QB and he performed so well, he got kudos from Parcells, Lawrence Taylor, Carl Banks and Harry Carson. The only player that did any better was Tom Matte of the 60's Colts who catapulted them the NFL Championship. Mitchell was also a RB, great receiver, wicked hitter on defensive special teams, and was a feared tackler, whenever a player got a pick off the QB. Only Jim Brown at one point had more yardage than he. He was the Ulitmate Wild Card player. Now we have Super Tupa!

Known previous NFLer's on teams with SF49ers (Montana years), Jansen in Miami (Marino years),

Last edited by bgforever : 09-18-2004 at 07:33 PM.

Old 09-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Great Spirit

hopefully Hall only needs to kick extra points tomorrow... 5 of them

Let Tupa kickoff if he can

Old 09-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Brave

maybe kimrin will be brought in for kickoffs, thats fine with me. as long as hall is ok for the stretch.

LAVAR GET BETTER!
Sean Taylor is not a good football player. He is a great football player. Not only does he hit like a heavyweight fighter, but he also chases down plays everywhere. - Peter King <RIP #21>

I'm starting to like Jim Zorn more and more...

Trying to watch football from spain...DAMN not futbol, FOOTBALL.

Doesn't get any better!
Old 09-18-2004, 07:41 PM
bgforever

Default Doesn't get any better!

Kimrin is a God send! What a fortune to have him as a backup and then Tupa behind him!

Old 09-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Spirit

Hall should be fine but I agree that I hope he's only kicking PAT's!