Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 09-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich
C'mon Whistle, you know that is not right. Lonestar is way to young to be that guy, he must be the offspring of the banjo kid and his sister.
In Texas, if you get a divorce, is she still your sister?

Old 09-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Brave

I like Lavar and I was really impressed with the piece on Comcast about him giving $200.00 gift cards to two busloads full of hurricane refugees.

That said I wonder how bad (privately of course) that the organization would like to be able to get out of his contract.

That is one area where it will still take years to undo all the Snyder damage that was done before JG's return.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayJay
I like Lavar and I was really impressed with the piece on Comcast about him giving $200.00 gift cards to two busloads full of hurricane refugees.

That said I wonder how bad (privately of course) that the organization would like to be able to get out of his contract.

That is one area where it will still take years to undo all the Snyder damage that was done before JG's return.
I think LaVar's new deal was struck while Gibbs was here. You can't blame management for injuries either way. LaVar had no previous injury concerns and had shown glimpses of being a playmaker and was/is a superior talent. Once he gets back to full speed, we will all be glad he is here.

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross

Old 09-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich
I think LaVar's new deal was struck while Gibbs was here. You can't blame management for injuries either way. LaVar had no previous injury concerns and had shown glimpses of being a playmaker and was/is a superior talent. Once he gets back to full speed, we will all be glad he is here.
No, the new deal was done weeks before Gibbs retuned. Gibbs has said whenever that came up that this was before he got there.

The deal was done in haist and done to push back a salary cap mess before the end of the season. Under the original deal Lavar would have to be released by now. What they did in hindsite was bury themselves deeper though.

I like him and his talent, but I said to a friend at that time that he was not worth Ray Lewis money. I don't know who the highest paid LB in the league is now, but it shouldn't be Lavar.

He should be making about the same as Washington.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayJay
No, the new deal was done weeks before Gibbs retuned. Gibbs has said whenever that came up that this was before he got there.

The deal was done in haist and done to push back a salary cap mess before the end of the season. Under the original deal Lavar would have to be released by now. What they did in hindsite was bury themselves deeper though.

I like him and his talent, but I said to a friend at that time that he was not worth Ray Lewis money. I don't know who the highest paid LB in the league is now, but it shouldn't be Lavar.

He should be making about the same as Washington.
Arrington had made 3 pro bowls in his first 4 years, if he makes 2 more he is free to get out of his contract or we can throw him another 3.25 million. We'll see what we think then.

I do agree about how his and most recently, Samuels, contracts were done at the 11th hour to save money but create potential problems for the future. Those guys have been here for 5 years and are both on their 3rd contracts.

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross

Old 09-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Sentinel

There is NO better time for Lavar to step up than on MNF.
Let's go baby, stick it to Bleedslow and (Who)lius Fumble Jones.

I'm Ready to Suit Up "Put ME in coach."

Old 09-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Warrior

Lavar use to just roam the field for victims. Now he is in a system that works, but he has to be disciplined. He will flourish but it could take some time.. When he is down in a four point stance, I feel that he doesn't get off the line quick enough. He needs to be on the line standing upright, just like LT did in NY. He could become our most effective pass rusher.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabro
In Texas, if you get a divorce, is she still your sister?
Don't blame the State for haboring that guy. Find out where he lives and I will pay him a visit.