Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR Archives and Help Desk > Archive Forum

Club Level Seating @ Fed-Ex Field
Old 04-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Comanchero

Default Club Level Seating @ Fed-Ex Field

Ok, I have seen MANY threads in reference to the club level patrons and all of the "empty yellow seats" that we see on television. Many people choose to go to the bars or the club level and watch the game on leather seats. I have a CRAZY idea as to how we can solve this problem.

How about if the Redskins OVERSOLD the Club Seat area, and that the seats in the stadium would be first come, first serve.

For example, lets say that there are 5000 'seats' on the club level. Why not sell 8000 or 9000 subscriptions to that level, and the first 5000 that CHOOSE to sit in the stadium would be allowed to do so. The remaining would have to sit in the lobby areas? OK, mayhem and kaos aside, doesn't sound like a bad idea, huh?

I KNOW THIS WILL NOT FLY, but it was something that crossed my mind. Plus, I'm sure that this somehow would be 'illegal.' Nevertheless, I bet more people would actually sit in the seats!! Just a thought.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Comanchero

Man, the guy who started this thread is a bonafide GENIUS.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Runner

NOT! That would mean an extra 1,000 to 1,500 cars coming and going. I hear the traffic is already bad enough. Good thought though.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Great Spirit

Well, it could cause some fights, but it's an interesting idea....

Santana Moss
Colt Brennan
Anthony Montgomery
Fred Smoot

Old 04-06-2004, 12:00 PM
2006 and 2010 Fantasy NASCAR Champ!!

Thumbs up

Thinking outside the box.You are brilliant son!Standing Room Only
Dan would make a killing.$$$$$

Old 04-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va.SkinFan
NOT! That would mean an extra 1,000 to 1,500 cars coming and going. I hear the traffic is already bad enough. Good thought though.
Well, considering that the new Metro Stop (about 1/2 mile away) will be finished soon, shouldn't that cancel the "extra" 1000 or so parking spaces that you propose?? Just a thought..........

Old 04-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axegrinder
Thinking outside the box.You are brilliant son!Standing Room Only
Dan would make a killing.$$$$$
Thank you, my friend. I guess I should run for Gov. of MD next, huh? Well, if Danny likes my idea, maybe I can replace Vinny Cerrato as his lil' punk.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:53 PM
HR's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan1906
Ok, I have seen MANY threads in reference to the club level patrons and all of the "empty yellow seats" that we see on television. Many people choose to go to the bars or the club level and watch the game on leather seats.
Is that where all those jokers are?

Listen, if they have seat fillers at the Oscars, why shouldn't we have them at FedEx Field? In the footsteps of Cosmo Kramer, I'd hereby like to apply for the position of seat filler.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Buck

Well, to solve the problem of those eyesores we call empty yellow seats, we could paint them burgandy. Here is my thinking:

Burgandy is the Skins' primary color, yellow is their secondary color. When you go to a Skins game, chances are you will either wear white or burgandy. but not yellow. See, when people don't sit in the burgandy seats it's harder to notice because the people that are there kind of blend in with the seats. But when those yellow ones aren't filled, it jumps out at you and grabs you by the eyeballs because of the contrast between the burgandy clothing and the God-awful yellow paint.

Just my way of thinking.

run, rabbit, run
dig that hole, forget the sun
when at last the work is done
don't sit down, it's time to dig another one

Last edited by TwistyNiblet : 04-06-2004 at 01:00 PM.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Comanchero

yeah, a change in the seat color would help, no doubt.........but the fans actually SITTING IN THE SEATS would be much better. Hey, I've been to the club level on a number of occasions, and I always like to sit in the seats and CHEER with the fans. If I want to sit on a leather couch, lounge and relax while watching t.v., then I would stay at home. After all, that is what I do 'at home' anyway. To pay all of that money and go to Fed-Ex field, only to sit on the sofas and watch a television is crazy. Go figure............

Old 04-06-2004, 01:51 PM

Hey - IF I could afford 4 seats in that area, I sure as HELL would...... First off, IF you've ever had a chance to sit there you'd "Understand". It is by far the best height vs. line-of site to view a game from in the entire stadium. Second being able to attend the 5th quarter (during those 40 and below late evenings) is excellent........ As far as empty seats (second half or no interest games) - pecentage wise, there is just as many in the upper levels so that DON'T fly. ....... I've got friends who sit in that section and are out there the whole game BUT IF they want to watch from the bars inside - HEY more power to them ( just as long as they root hard for the SKINS and give the Dallas and Philly fans HELL)

Old 04-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Hey ....... I've got friends who sit in that section and are out there the whole game BUT IF they want to watch from the bars inside - HEY more power to them ( just as long as they root hard for the SKINS and give the Dallas and Philly fans HELL)
Yeah, but can the REDSKINS (players) actually hear anyone cheering from the bar? Not to mention the 'visual' that is created by having 86,000 fans INSIDE of the viewing area, as opposed to 67,000 and a few thousand crowded around bars. Just wish that more club seat holders would stay in the stands (like they do @ Lambeau Field or Invesco Field). You do have a point, however, on the upper tiers that also have fans who leave early and that section empties out at times also.

more seats
Old 04-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Papoose

Default more seats

Well we already have the biggest stadium in the NFL, with the highest average ticket price. Why not add more seats? I think that Mr. Snyder will do anything to squeeze more and more people into that stadium. Maybe someday my seats will be upgraded to the 3rd stall from the door in the bathroom.(can't wait)But I want to have the biggest stadium and I want to have as many fans in FedEx as possible, and yeah fill up those club seats before you start moving the other fans around the stadium, paint those bright yellow, empty seats, or at least put some cardboard cut-outs of people like they do in the movies....Most importantly for all my fellow season ticket holders, lets put a petition together to triple the amount of porto-potties out in the parking lot...If anyone wants to tailgate for these games and pay $25 to do it, they have to get there 2-3 hours early and account for at least 30-45 minutes of that time standing in line, chugging beers, and doing to pee-pee dance.

I'm finally posting hope that make RedskinDave happy

Old 04-06-2004, 02:58 PM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

I really REALLY need to remember to make up a petition for more port-a-pots this year. I only said I was going to do it before the last 7 games last year.....

Old 04-06-2004, 03:13 PM
HR's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stdownguy
and doing to pee-pee dance.

Ah, the pee-pee dance, us women know it well...