Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Why not explore other deals?
Old 07-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Healer

Default Why not explore other deals?

Why don't we explore other deals for Sameuls and not only focus on Ogun. Other teams are in desperate need of LT and have d-linemen and picks to give.

Cleveland for DT Gerrad Warren and 1{05} or 2{05}

New Orleans for DE Charles Grant and 2{05}

I know Warren hasn't lived up to expectations but he had 40 tackles and 5.5 sacks last year.

Charles Grant is young and had 10 sacks last year, but with Will Smith and Darren Howard in the mix who knows what the Saints are thinking.

Any other ideas on possible Sameuls trade scenarios.

Last edited by ConradCountry : 07-06-2004 at 06:09 PM.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Firebuilder

Yeah. The Giants are in need up front. Or do we want to face Samuels twice a year? And the only thing we want from them probably are draft choices.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Great Spirit

he knows too much to send somewhere within the division. i hope ware cant take any info with him somewhere. someone in the division might want to pick his brain.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Comanchero

Not that a deal won't get done that we like, but I don't see us coming out on top of any sort of trade at this point. Not to burst anyone's bubble, but to think that their is a team out their who wants to help the Washington Redskins is silly. Our team has done a 180 from where it was last year and people are scared, already. I don't see anyone finding it in their favor to help us out. Don't let me spoil the hope of the "ever optimists" though.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Spirit

I wouldn't trade Samuels for anything less than a top tier DE or a lot of high draft picks. But, he's not worth it! I know, but that's what it will take for me to trade him. He may not be worth it now, but when he, Portis, and whichever QB of ours is eating Pineapple in February, Mr. Samuels will have played a large role. Mark my words.

Old 07-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsKY
I wouldn't trade Samuels for anything less than a top tier DE or a lot of high draft picks. But, he's not worth it! I know, but that's what it will take for me to trade him. He may not be worth it now, but when he, Portis, and whichever QB of ours is eating Pineapple in February, Mr. Samuels will have played a large role. Mark my words.
I'll see your Idea of Samuels in Hawaii, and raise you to the notion that he will be our best OL by next year.

Old 07-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Sentinel

Pro Bowl LTs don't grow on trees, so i don't think that a team would be doing us that big of a favor in taking Samuels.

Player for player trades are extremely rare, that's why i don't see anything going on other than Wale from Miami.

Those aren't bad options Conrad, but I think it's Wale or bust. I don't see the FO bending over backwards to get rid of Samuels or to add another player. But if Wale wants out of Miami badly enough, you can bet that Snyder will make another pitch.

Old 07-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaj
Yeah. The Giants are in need up front. Or do we want to face Samuels twice a year? And the only thing we want from them probably are draft choices.
Draft choices from the Giants?!?! Are you kidding?!?! For what draft, 2020?

Maybe a pick and Strahan. He's not that happy with the rebuilding going on up there.

Old 07-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Great Spirit

It's worth a look to shop him around, but we might as well keep him this year. Screw it.

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi

Old 07-06-2004, 09:14 PM
hR Owner

I see no need to trade him right now. I just do not see it.

Old 07-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Comanchero

Does he have any value next year? I think that everyone knows that we are shopping him and would have already given us there best offers. My guess is the offers were not that good or he would have been out of here during the draft.

Kind of sad to see that there is no interest in Trotter. I think that goes to show that teams tend to like what they have instead of an unknown player. If were don't do anything before camp I would say stay with the guys we have and play out the year. I don't think that we will do that bad with what we got.

Old 07-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradCountry
Why don't we explore other deals for Sameuls and not only focus on Ogun. Other teams are in desperate need of LT and have d-linemen and picks to give.

Cleveland for DT Gerrad Warren and 1{05} or 2{05}

New Orleans for DE Charles Grant and 2{05}

I know Warren hasn't lived up to expectations but he had 40 tackles and 5.5 sacks last year.

Charles Grant is young and had 10 sacks last year, but with Will Smith and Darren Howard in the mix who knows what the Saints are thinking.

Any other ideas on possible Sameuls trade scenarios.
You would be asking teams to solve one problem by creating another. Good DE are worth their weight in gold.
A buffalo herd can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo & those are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole because the health of the herd keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. Similarly, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Intake of alcohol, killing the slowest & weakest brain cells first, makes the brain a faster, more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Old 07-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSkinsFan
You would be asking teams to solve one problem by creating another. Good DE are worth their weight in gold.
very true.

Old 07-07-2004, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins
I see no need to trade him right now. I just do not see it.
EXACTLY...... let's work on Team Development!!!!

Old 07-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Great Spirit

Does anyone which came first...us asking about ogunleye, or miami asking about samuels?