Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Discussion Forums > Choctaw hR Gaming Forum

Playstation II or Xbox?
Old 09-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Medicine Man

Default Playstation II or Xbox?

Which is 'better?'

I like the PSII b/c it's also a DVD player and I own a PS1 and like the fact that it plays those games.

I hear the Xbox has noticeably better grafx than the PSII. Is it that much better? I like the fact that it's made by MS but Sony isn't a pushover either. I also like the 'power' the system boasts too.

I played Madden 2005 at Best buy the other day and couldn't believe it. Deeezammm. Man I just want to play that and the NCAA FB game. At $150 and $50 for the game is something I can see on my bank statement.

I haven't been much of a 'gamer' in recent years, I but I am the self-proclaimed 1st ever owner of the original Nintendo .

PS I know they put out new systems every blue moon are they putting them out anytime soon?

Old 09-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Medicine Man

xbox does have noticably better graphics and has better memoy services. I read that psx was coming out sometime soon

Old 09-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Ghost Dancer

both, but if I had to choose prob my xbox... no my station. Grand theft auto's about to come out. no both....

Old 09-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Medicine Man

I just read up on the PSX and to my understanding it's only a beefed up version of the PSII. I guess there's a PSIII coming out that will cost around $500. Like the PSX it will be a DVD-RW and have some other convenient features.

Carmelo I'm only paying for one . Vice city is not a game I see myself playing much.

Old 09-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanouel8
I just read up on the PSX and to my understanding it's only a beefed up version of the PSII. I guess there's a PSIII coming out that will cost around $500. Like the PSX it will be a DVD-RW and have some other convenient features.

Carmelo I'm only paying for one . Vice city is not a game I see myself playing much.
yea psx is a big ps2 that comes with a dvd remote...o and it costs like 500-800$

Old 09-05-2004, 11:06 PM

im a PS2 fan. i dont like x-box's controller or the fact that they dont have as many games as the ps2. plus, i love the fact that it can be used as a DVD/CD player as well.

~R.I.P Sean Taylor 1983-2007~

Old 09-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNRedskinsfan
im a PS2 fan. i dont like x-box's controller or the fact that they dont have as many games as the ps2. plus, i love the fact that it can be used as a DVD/CD player as well.
xbox can play cd's and i think dvd's also

Old 09-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Great Spirit

Xbox can be a DVD player as well. I think Xbox has got PS2 beat in almost every way. Bigger harddrive (no need for memory cards), better graphics, better games, Xbox Live is awesome, and if you get the good controller, its better than PS2. PS2 has Final Fantasy, which I love, but thats it IMO. I love both, but Xbox is better to me.

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi

Old 09-05-2004, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATrueRedskin
Xbox can be a DVD player as well. I think Xbox has got PS2 beat in almost every way. Bigger harddrive (no need for memory cards), better graphics, better games, Xbox Live is awesome, and if you get the good controller, its better than PS2. PS2 has Final Fantasy, which I love, but thats it IMO. I love both, but Xbox is better to me.
dont you have to but an addition hook up to play DVDs?

~R.I.P Sean Taylor 1983-2007~

Old 09-05-2004, 11:35 PM
hR Staff Writer

I have a ps2, but Im not buying another game system.

Old 09-05-2004, 11:36 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNRedskinsfan
dont you have to but an addition hook up to play DVDs?
Yeah you gotta buy it, but it's not that much and it comes with a remote. I don't have it because I already bought a remote to use the DVD on the PS2. But I think it's a good deal.

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi

Old 09-06-2004, 02:21 AM
Healer

If yuo just want to play US sports game, I'll say go with the X, otherwise go with the PS2 which have a really larger set of games!

Old 09-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Medicine Man

Thank you for your replies, sorry I didn't post this in the gaming forum earlier ops:. Who would have known HR has it's own gaming forum lol hehehe.

Anyways, I think I'm leaning toward the Xbox even though for some reason I have loyalties to the PS system. Also the Xbox I guess does have DVD playback capabilities but it has to have a certain logo on the DVD. Anyways I think I'll check out what games are out for each and compare them and also play both systems at the store if I can ever get the lil kids off of them

Old 09-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Spirit

xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox

Thanks Lady!!

Old 09-06-2004, 11:00 PM
2007/2008 hR Pick'em Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatedallas
yea psx is a big ps2 that comes with a dvd remote...o and it costs like 500-800$

you can buy a remote for like 15 bucks... and forget the DVD-R, sony is just overcharging everybody again. The next time i buy a console willprobably be 2007 when sony knocks a couple hundred off the initial hyped up, overly priced ones they know the fan boys will buy.... and if Final Fantasy continues to be about teenagers being in love and some random chick singing all over the place I'm not buying the PS3