No respect!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Scalper

Default No respect!

Quote from Richmond Times Dispatch

"In the second half, the Redskins faced Brett Favre when his right (passing) hand was sore and his thumb was banged up. That Favre completed 6 of 15 passes for 55 yards and threw two interceptions. Some of that might have been because of the defense. More of it probably had to do with Favre's inability to grip the ball firmly. The Redskins did contain RB Ahman Green, and two of those interceptions set up Redskins touchdowns. But the defense still gave up 28 points."

Why is it every time the Redskins do something well it's always twisted in a way that the opposition did something poorly. Is it not possible that our defense truly is good this year. I'd say they've played great!! Last time I checked...Favre injured his hand last week...which would mean that it was banged up all game. So because the defense made adjustments all of a sudden it is an issue. That's BS. I really can't wait until our record begins to show the improvements that are being made because then all of this crap will stop.

Old 11-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Spirit

If Favre couldn't even grip the ball then why was he dropping back to pass so much with a 13 point lead? I guess it's just inconceivable that two of the best CBs in the NFC make plays for INTs. I don't know why these Richmond clowns even write about us, they can go root for the Panthers. (no offense to Richmond Skins fans who agree that this paper is written by clowns)

Old 11-03-2004, 06:59 AM
Shaman

We need to dominate games before we get respect from writers, this makes a good point that rather than give our D credit they make excuses for Favre. Oh well ...

Old 11-03-2004, 07:05 AM
Shaman

When our Beloved Team is loosing we are cannon fodder for every hack in the business!!

Last edited by NamVet4 : 11-03-2004 at 07:19 AM.