Old 11-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Papoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booser
no thanks. i dont trust a one year wonder.
Think God!! I thought I would be the only one thinking this!!

Old 11-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Spirit

Ramsey will prove that we don't need Brees (please God!!)

Old 11-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Banned

How in the world can we afford Brees anyway?

Old 11-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitskins
Ramsey will prove that we don't need Brees (please God!!)
hahahaha
yea, ramseys gonna play lights out for the rest of the season and become the next bret favre, no worries folks, hopefully we wont even need to think about picking up brees

Old 11-14-2004, 07:47 PM
hR Staff Writer

also San Diego has enough money under the cap to Franchise him and trade him. I wouldnt give up a 1st rounder for him.

Old 11-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Sagamore

can we put this stuff to rest for now, lets wait and see what Ramsey can do for the rest of the season

Old 11-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Healer

If Ramsey doesn't turn out to be the QB of the future we will look to draft a replacement in the 3rd or 4th round.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Sentinel

If ramsey doesn't really establish himself on the field and with Gibbs than so be it....consider any upgrade option.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:29 PM
2007/2008 hR Pick'em Champ

I think he's a flash in the pan... and it seems he's finally comfortable with these guys and got used to the system. I think I'd keep brees over Rivers... oh well... too bab for San Diego.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:53 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroGenic
I think he's a flash in the pan... and it seems he's finally comfortable with these guys and got used to the system. I think I'd keep brees over Rivers... oh well... too bab for San Diego.
I don't feel that bad for them, they're dropping 40 points a game on some teams... But it is a quandry for them, I think they'll franchise Brees, trade him for a first rounder and go into next year's draft with 3 #1 picks (they have the Giants'). Sweet deal for them.

I just hope Ramsey can execute like a respectable NFL quarterback for the rest of the season. If he can win us four games down this very difficult stretch then I'll feel confident calling him our quarterback for next season.

Old 11-15-2004, 04:44 AM
bgforever

Brees is going to Dollass.
We don't need Brees, if you're going to bring someone in, it needs to be on the O line and a DE that makes QB's move and shudder!

Old 11-15-2004, 08:07 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNRedskinsfan
if you look at brees, he is finally playing well after 3 or 4 years. whats the difference between this year and his first year as a starter? he is finally understanding marty's system and the players around him (OL, WRs, etc.) have gotten better. that same thing can happen with ramsey. i think we need to be patient......
This is the point I wanted to make on this thread. Brees had played almost 2 full seasons before this year under the same head coach. It has taken time for the young QB to come into his own. The consistency of the staff has helped him tremendously. Throughout his first 2 seasons, he made his share of great plays and big mistakes.

Ramsey has played for 1 full season under what most would consider was one of the worst schemes ever for protecting the QB. He has now had to deal with a regime change and has to re-learn the NFL.

How could anyone push Drew Brees without really giving Ramsey a fair shot? Who knows...maybe he could even be better...

Old 11-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Shaman

I'd pass on Brees, but he is playing out of his arse. I still think Ramsey is our QB for the next several years.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Brave

Here we go again with panic moves. How long did it take Brees to understand and grasp Marty's offense? 2-3 years right? Marty's offense is much more simplified than Gibbs'. Come on people!! Do ya' really want to wait for this guy for 2-3 years? Let's see how Ramsey progresses with the remaining games and if he shows some leadership we'll go get a solid backup for em' in the offseason. That's the way it should have been in the first place. DId ya' see Brunell's arm strength? I'm shocked by it.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Ghost Dancer

I'm not giving up on Ram yet. Even if he stinks it up the rest of this year, I would stick with him for next year. Brees was terrible last year and look at him this year? Ram needs the same chance. We've got our HERO coach back and we need to "build" a winning team instead of trying to "BUY" a winning team. Gibbs has a five year deal and when he's gone, GW is next in line. This is the one time in recent skins history(Gibbs first tenure not withstanding) that we NEED to be patient. Brees might be a good even great QB but we need to get back to the days when the Burgandy and Gold meant Character, honor, loyalty and most of all WINNING. I want to win now just as much as the next guy but if we want to get back to greatness we need to put in the effort now. from a fan standpoint, effort now means sticking with the team during a rebuilding time.