Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #16  
Old 11-19-2004, 03:47 PM
whistleandthumb whistleandthumb is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 5,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by openallnight
Now, does Gibbs want to run? Mysteriously last week the answer was NO.

Well, we were down 17-0 before we even had a chance to get the offense going. When you're down that much that quickly, you can't just run the ball, and thereby run the clock down. Gibbs was forced to go to the air in hopes of trying to catch up.

In a post earlier in the week, I said that we can't let the Eagles get on top early. If we can prevent that, then we CAN stick to the gameplan, which is run run run. But if we go down 10-0, 17-0, or worse, Gibbs, once again, is going to have to rely on the passing game to get us back into it.
__________________
"I've said a lot of mean things over the years about Philadelphia.

And I meant every one of them." ~David Lynch
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 11-19-2004, 03:52 PM
IMALILTEAPOT's Avatar
IMALILTEAPOT IMALILTEAPOT is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinmayhem
I think Super Skin is right. Ram has faced these guys before and performed better under worse circumstances. I think RAM will play well and we will win convincingly. Skins win this one 31-17.
geez, we think this every week but it never happens. the way to win this game is ball control and portis getting the ball early. last week, gibbs wanted to get the passing game early and that bite us cuz we kept on giving the ball back to the bengals. i hope that we run the ball early and get good chunks of yardage cuz then many things open up for us. as long as we can keep the ball out of their hands. we definetly have the talent, but we have to execute and play with out killing ourselves
__________________
Artist Formerly Known As YoungSkin26
RIP #21
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 11-19-2004, 03:53 PM
openallnight's Avatar
openallnight openallnight is offline
Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistleandthumb
Well, we were down 17-0 before we even had a chance to get the offense going. When you're down that much that quickly, you can't just run the ball, and thereby run the clock down. Gibbs was forced to go to the air in hopes of trying to catch up.

In a post earlier in the week, I said that we can't let the Eagles get on top early. If we can prevent that, then we CAN stick to the gameplan, which is run run run. But if we go down 10-0, 17-0, or worse, Gibbs, once again, is going to have to rely on the passing game to get us back into it.
I agree with you that getting down early up in philly against that agressive d would not be a good thing. Although, even though we got down by 17 early last week, we still had plenty of time to run our offense 2-1/2 qtrs left. All we needed was 3 drives to go ahead. Instead of panicking we got to stick to our guns. And our guns are Portis' legs. BTW, last week we were throwing when it was 0 - 0 as well???
__________________
WE ARE REDSKINS
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 11-19-2004, 03:54 PM
IMALILTEAPOT's Avatar
IMALILTEAPOT IMALILTEAPOT is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistleandthumb

In a post earlier in the week, I said that we can't let the Eagles get on top early. If we can prevent that, then we CAN stick to the gameplan, which is run run run. But if we go down 10-0, 17-0, or worse, Gibbs, once again, is going to have to rely on the passing game to get us back into it.
exactly, i think if we can hold them to 10 points by half, we are in good shape. we cant let them get a lead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they do, sorry guys but were going 3-7
__________________
Artist Formerly Known As YoungSkin26
RIP #21
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 11-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Keino's Avatar
Keino Keino is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence
I think we should stop labelling each other as anti-Ramsey or anti-Brunell or any of that stuff. We're all pro-Redskins. We want the Redskins to win every single game every single year. If it produces wins I don't care if the Redskins play Sally Jesse Raphael at quarterback. I suspect virtually everyone else here thinks as I do.
Well thats what most fans want. However, some here wish injury on players or hope the Skins lose so that they play their particular favorite QB on the team and that my friend has been rampant on these boards prior to the QB change. While I would hope your suspicions to be true, they simply aren't.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsSwag2 View Post
Long will never start for us and neither will the kid from stanford. We fot fleecsd .....moses wont start either there is a reason he fell so far. Sosorry this draft has disaster written all over it
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.
Reply With Quote

  #21  
Old 11-19-2004, 04:38 PM
LATrueRedskin's Avatar
LATrueRedskin LATrueRedskin is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 13,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence
I think we should stop labelling each other as anti-Ramsey or anti-Brunell or any of that stuff. We're all pro-Redskins. We want the Redskins to win every single game every single year. If it produces wins I don't care if the Redskins play Sally Jesse Raphael at quarterback. I suspect virtually everyone else here thinks as I do.
Right on. I think Ramsey will have a pretty good game against the Eagles, and hopefully he'll light it up. But that's not too likely. I like the chances of running Portis all day long and give Ramsey 20 or so passes. This game rides more on our defense. We can't let them run the score up like they have been against lackluster defenses.
__________________

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 11-19-2004, 05:03 PM
superskin's Avatar
superskin superskin is offline
Defender of Burgundy and Gold
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by openallnight
BTW, SS,
Your optimism is uplifting I usually see you down in the bottom of section 132 but, I didn't notice you there last week? I hope all is well . . .
All is well. I was there, of course, just not in 132. I was on the Bengals side (GEOGRAPHICALLY speaking, of course) around the 30 yard line. I am a season ticket holder, of course, but at the start of each season, I trade and barter my way around so that I am in a different location for different games. I don't want to be seen as "belonging" in a particular section or area of the stadium. I like pumping up EACH and EVERY crevice of our house.
__________________


Today's angst is the neccessary seed for tomorrow's triumph.

Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 11-19-2004, 07:30 PM
sdredskinsfan sdredskinsfan is offline
Healer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Diego (orig. Md.)
Posts: 3,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence
Don't you think an "Eagles-killer" would have at least one win to show for all his Eagle-killing? Ramsey has not done too badly against the Eagles, all things considered, but the one thing he has not done is win. Maybe he will this time, I sure hope so. If the Redskins do win, however, I suspect Clinton Portis will be the biggest reason. The Eagles are vulnerable to the run and running Portis until he pukes is pretty much what Joe Gibbs wants to do anyway. Optimistic fellow that I am, I predict Gibbs will run Portis as much as possible and limit the chances Ramsey has to take to win the game. The Redskins have no chance to win a shootout with the Eagles; the Philly offense is just too good. If the Redskins can hold the score down, not make mistakes on offense, and get at least 130 yards from Clinton Portis, they have a chance to win the game. I think that's their only chance.
With Ramsey at the helm, at this point in his career especially, that's a lot to ask.
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 11-19-2004, 08:42 PM
whistleandthumb whistleandthumb is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 5,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by openallnight
BTW, last week we were throwing when it was 0 - 0 as well???
Correct, we were. But I think we had to, because Cincy knew that we were going to run on them, so we needed to stretch the defense early to keep them from putting 9 in the box.

Also, I think Gibbs was hoping to get Brunell into some kind of rhythm early, so the run wouldn't become so predictable, and, therefore, stoppable. I would expect, against Philly, that we just come out running the ball. That way, if we have success running it against their D, we can just do that all afternoon until they stop us.
__________________
"I've said a lot of mean things over the years about Philadelphia.

And I meant every one of them." ~David Lynch
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 11-19-2004, 10:19 PM
colkurtz's Avatar
colkurtz colkurtz is offline
Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dublin, PA
Posts: 9,313
Default

In my heart I want to agree with Superskins optimism.

My eyes tell me the Iggles are playing pretty tough every week. They are one of the top 3 teams in the NFL. Well coached and a very powerful offense.

My head tells me the Redskins just really haven't put it together this year and are not competitive. It isn't just Mark Brunnells horrible season; it's Gibb's coaching mistakes, dropped passes, lots of key injuries.


In the end i'll go with optimistic - I'd like to see Ramsey have a good day, Clinton Portis run right through the Eagles defensive line, and Greg Williams get lucky to blitz McKnabb (and the West Coast offense) at just the right times to shut him down. We can win it, in my perfect world. That's my story and I'm sticking to it..................
__________________
Dump Haslett from our Defense Coaching Staff - Especially as DC!
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 11-20-2004, 01:58 AM
CowboyKilla's Avatar
CowboyKilla CowboyKilla is offline
Sentinel
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,632
Default

I love it I can't wait.
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 11-20-2004, 06:08 AM
IowaSkinsFan's Avatar
IowaSkinsFan IowaSkinsFan is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 40 57' 49" N / 91 33' 29" W
Posts: 21,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence
Don't you think an "Eagles-killer" would have at least one win to show for all his Eagle-killing? Ramsey has not done too badly against the Eagles, all things considered, but the one thing he has not done is win. Maybe he will this time, I sure hope so. If the Redskins do win, however, I suspect Clinton Portis will be the biggest reason. The Eagles are vulnerable to the run and running Portis until he pukes is pretty much what Joe Gibbs wants to do anyway. Optimistic fellow that I am, I predict Gibbs will run Portis as much as possible and limit the chances Ramsey has to take to win the game. The Redskins have no chance to win a shootout with the Eagles; the Philly offense is just too good. If the Redskins can hold the score down, not make mistakes on offense, and get at least 130 yards from Clinton Portis, they have a chance to win the game. I think that's their only chance.
I agree with everything, except that I think it will take a superhuman effort from Portis, probably around 170-180 yards, to win this. He has got to keep the Iggles O off the field and keep Ramsey comfortable and in manageable passing downs. If Ramsey has a bunch of 3rd and 8's, I don't see us winning this game.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |