Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

When will Gibbs play Mccants and Jacobs?
Old 12-03-2004, 07:26 AM

Default When will Gibbs play Mccants and Jacobs?

I know the Skins are still mathematically alive but since Coles really needs to get his foot fixed and Gardner needs to go shouldnt we be looking at Mccants and Jacobs at this point?

Old 12-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Great Spirit

I don't think you will get an argument from too many people here on that.
A buffalo herd can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo & those are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole because the health of the herd keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. Similarly, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Intake of alcohol, killing the slowest & weakest brain cells first, makes the brain a faster, more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich
I know the Skins are still mathematically alive but since Coles really needs to get his foot fixed and Gardner needs to go shouldnt we be looking at Mccants and Jacobs at this point?
I agree with you, but don't hold your breath.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Great Spirit

Jacobs is the one who really should be getting the PT. 2nd round pick and all. We have tape on McCants, we know what he can do. But Jacobs, by and large, is still pretty much an unknown. He should be starting and playing #2. Gardner should be on the bench and playing ST's. Why he is still starting I do not know.
A buffalo herd can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo & those are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole because the health of the herd keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. Similarly, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Intake of alcohol, killing the slowest & weakest brain cells first, makes the brain a faster, more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:36 AM
Runner

I totally agree why have players if you don't use them when you have one hurting WR and one that has invisible hands as the ball goes magically thru them.Gibbs just needs to give all his players a chance to prove themselves to get ready before next year.I think we have a couple of what seems like sleepers it's time for them and Gibbs to wake up.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:42 AM
Spirit

I think we will see more of McCants in the upcoming games.

He makes plays and he is a big target.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSkinsFan
Jacobs is the one who really should be getting the PT. 2nd round pick and all.
Gardner should be on the bench and playing ST's. Why he is still starting I do not know.
Gardner is still starting because he was a 1st round pick. at least I can't think of any other reason. He should have been replaced with McCants weeks ago.

Coles, on the other hand, is just too banged up at this point. I really respect the fact that he plays through injuries, but I think it might be hurting the team now. He can't get open like he used to (toe) and when he does, he has been dropping the ball more than he used to (finger). And on top of that, now he has hurt his hip.

I heard during the off season that he is reluctant to have surgery on the toe, because it could possibly be career ending. But without the surgery it doesn't look like he's much more than an average receiver. I sure wouldn't want to be making a choice like that.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonslydog
I heard during the off season that he is reluctant to have surgery on the toe, because it could possibly be career ending.
I never heard that, I thought he put it off last year because of the pro bowl and then with the coaching change he didnt want to miss the mini camps.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSkinsFan
Jacobs is the one who really should be getting the PT. 2nd round pick and all. We have tape on McCants, we know what he can do. But Jacobs, by and large, is still pretty much an unknown. He should be starting and playing #2. Gardner should be on the bench and playing ST's. Why he is still starting I do not know.
Totally agree Robert. Investing a second round pick is significant, and Jacobs was actually viewed as a steal at that spot. The times he has been on the field he has played well aand shown glimpses of promise. Yet, we continue to play Rod Gardner who has reverted to his rookie season form where he truly has once again become 50/50. This perhaps is the one area that I just don't get the Gibbs thinking pattern. Let's see what we got. Why do we throw deept to Gardner? Thorw deep to Jacobs. he has speed. See if he can becomethe big playmaker. As far as not being mathmaticaklly eliminated, that is not even a concern. We are for all intents and purposed, eliminated.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Spirit

I think Jacabs has actually been the one bright spot this year. His speed and ability to get open has put him as the solid 3rd reciever behind Coles and whoever the skins grab via Free agency or the draft.

McCants has all the intangibles but he simply does not match up well anywhere except in the slot against the oppoition's smaller and usually slower 3rd cornerback. He lacks the speed to escape the top two cornerbacks, but he has learned to use his size and body position to man-handle the 3rd cornerbacks.

Thrash stays because of his kick return abilities and the fact that Chad Morton will be gone. Gardner is either cut loose or traded for two bagels without cream cheese and a grande white mocha.

Last edited by Jimreaper007 : 12-03-2004 at 08:50 AM.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Papoose

Some general comparisons:

Gardner has been targeted 79 times this year and has 9 drops and 33 catches (41.8%).

Coles has been targeted 120 times and has 7 drops and 58 catches (48.3%).

Michael Clayton (TB) has been targeted 87 times and has 1 drop and 60 catches (69%).

Tory Holt (StL) has been targeted 87 times and has 2 drops and 58 catches (66.7%).

Keyshawn Johnson (DAL) has been targeted 88 times and has 4 drops and 47 catches (53.4%).

Terrel Owens (PHI) has been targeted 100 times and has 5 drops and 61 catches (61%).

Conclusion?

Someone sucks.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby

Gardner has been targeted 79 times this year and has 9 drops and 33 catches (41.8%).

Michael Clayton (TB) has been targeted 87 times and has 1 drop and 60 catches (69%).

Tory Holt (StL) has been targeted 87 times and has 2 drops and 58 catches (66.7%).

Keyshawn Johnson (DAL) has been targeted 88 times and has 4 drops and 47 catches (53.4%).

Terrel Owens (PHI) has been targeted 100 times and has 5 drops and 61 catches (61%).

Conclusion?

Someone sucks.
WOW...............

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Old 12-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich

I totally agree. I like Dmac and Jacobs has done good every time he is in. Not only should Jacobs play more, but I would like to see him return kick offs as well.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Healer

I really want to see Jacobs play a whole game and see if he can establish himself, because every magazine I read says he could be a big time player.

Old 12-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby

Conclusion?

Someone sucks.

Where did you get these numbers from? I would swear Coles has more than 7 drops on the year, he had 3 alone in the Dallas game.

Last edited by hockeygoalie29 : 12-03-2004 at 11:20 AM.