Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 02-16-2005, 05:27 PM
hR Staff/Spanish Translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
King is a fairly even handed Football reporter. What exactly have the Skins done to warrant an end to the criticism? The whole Lawyey Milloy thing? The skins did contact the Postons about Milloy before he was cut; King isnt lying when he brought that up. Dr. Z also lobbies against Monk, where's the anger for him? Monk is a great WR, but I understand why he doesnt make the HOF.
Do you think he doesn't belong in the HOF?

"You can't be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes. I've been blessed. God looked out for me. I'm happy."
- Sean Taylor

Old 02-16-2005, 05:28 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVarTaylor28
Do you think he doesn't belong in the HOF?
I think he's borderline. As a Redskins Fan I want him in the Hall, but I understand the argument against him.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:32 PM
hR Staff/Spanish Translation

Quote:
I think he's borderline. As a Redskins Fan I want him in the Hall, but I understand the argument against him.
Would you vote for him? Try to take off the B&G glasses.

"You can't be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes. I've been blessed. God looked out for me. I'm happy."
- Sean Taylor

Old 02-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Ghost Dancer

The anger comes from never hearing him say one positive thing about the redskins as a franchise or a redskins player. I don't see him as being as even handed as you suggest. On the other hand I have on many occasions heard him take a negative approach when discussing anything redskin related. I know I am biased towards the skins, as I am sure most everyone on this site is, but the passion with which he persued and discussed the milloy situation made it almost seem personal to him. I have no love for Dr. Z either.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Chief

According to them..tammpering is the "Danny Way"....

BUt in all seriousness this is total crap...anyone that knew football for 5 weeks knew that Musim, and Plax.....are looking for big Paydays......my 9 year old son that watches the Network with me knows that................

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Old 02-16-2005, 05:35 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONK_for_HOF
The anger comes from never hearing him say one positive thing about the redskins as a franchise or a redskins player. I don't see him as being as even handed as you suggest. On the other hand I have on many occasions heard him take a negative approach when discussing anything redskin related. I know I am biased towards the skins, as I am sure most everyone on this site is, but the passion with which he persued and discussed the milloy situation made it almost seem personal to him. I have no love for Dr. Z either.
This is not true at all. He named Marcus Washington his defensive player of the week against Pittsburgh and wrote a good column about Gibbs' return. I think you're confusing him with Don Banks.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:36 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVarTaylor28
Would you vote for him? Try to take off the B&G glasses.
If there was no-other WRs up with Monk in the final 6; I would.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Spirit

Quote:
This is not true at all. He named Marcus Washington his defensive player of the week against Pittsburgh and wrote a good column about Gibbs' return. I think you're confusing him with Don Banks.
I don't have the hate for Peter King that some do either. Don Banks is an inexcusable hack who writes columns simply to flame us, and Pasta Belly takes excessive cheap shots.

PK hangs off the dominant NFL teams, if we had a season like the Steelers did, you can bet anything he would be drooling over us. He picked us as a Super Bowl contender the preseason we signed Deion, Bruce Smith, and picked Danny Wuerffel to throw 3700 yards in Spurrier's first year. He said Spurrier would win a Super Bowl, then said Gibbs would win a Super Bowl, then took that back, and he'll revert back to Super Bowl prediction soon enough.

PK may be a yes man and a TERRIBLE NFL theorist, but he's not out to get us. Don Banks most certainly is.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:48 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitskins
I don't have the hate for Peter King that some do either. Don Banks is an inexcusable hack who writes columns simply to flame us, and Pasta Belly takes excessive cheap shots.

PK hangs off the dominant NFL teams, if we had a season like the Steelers did, you can bet anything he would be drooling over us. He picked us as a Super Bowl contender the preseason we signed Deion, Bruce Smith, and picked Danny Wuerffel to throw 3700 yards in Spurrier's first year. He said Spurrier would win a Super Bowl, then said Gibbs would win a Super Bowl, then took that back, and he'll revert back to Super Bowl prediction soon enough.

PK may be a yes man and a TERRIBLE NFL theorist, but he's not out to get us. Don Banks most certainly is.
the irony being PK lives in NYC, and Banks lives in DC. PK can be critical of some teams, but I havent noticed an anti-Redskins Bias in his work. Certainly not when compared to Don Vito and Banks.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
If there was no-other WRs up with Monk in the final 6; I would.
are you suggesting that any other WR that would make the final 6 are better suited than Monk?

Just curious, if you think Monk is borderline HOF, do you also think most of the WR that are already in are borderline also? He compares very favorable to most of them statistically, which is hard to compare across eras. But he did go out with many of the key records for his position. The fact that people in this era are passing him by shouldn't be held against him. It wasn't for his predecessors. Also he was a key component on skins teams that were super bowl contenders for most of a decade.

We will just have to disagree on the Peter King thing. I am sure in his years of writing and reporting not everything is 100% negative towards skins or lots of people, not only redskins fans would call him out. But from everything I have read and seen most seems spitefully negative.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Spirit

Quote:
the irony being PK lives in NYC, and Banks lives in DC. PK can be critical of some teams, but I havent noticed an anti-Redskins Bias in his work. Certainly not when compared to Don Vito and Banks.
Banks lives in DC?? I'd love to catch him crossing the street while I'm driving my car. It'd be like that scene from Pulp Fiction.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:58 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONK_for_HOF
are you suggesting that any other WR that would make the final 6 are better suited than Monk?

Just curious, if you think Monk is borderline HOF, do you also think most of the WR that are already in are borderline also? He compares very favorable to most of them statistically, which is hard to compare across eras. But he did go out with many of the key records for his position. The fact that people in this era are passing him by shouldn't be held against him. It wasn't for his predecessors. Also he was a key component on skins teams that were super bowl contenders for most of a decade.

We will just have to disagree on the Peter King thing. I am sure in his years of writing and reporting not everything is 100% negative towards skins or lots of people, not only redskins fans would call him out. But from everything I have read and seen most seems spitefully negative.
It all depends on who the WR was. I would have voted for Michael Irvin over Monk. It's not just stats for Monk, but Peter King is right when he says that other teams were not worried about Monk: Clark scared people more.

Fine, believe what you want. But Peter King writes good things about successful teams, the Skins havent been one recently. And you're still wrong: he does not have a Anti-Skins bias. But feel completely free to keep beleiving that. Out of curiousity, which National NFl reporters do you like?

Old 02-16-2005, 06:00 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitskins
Banks lives in DC?? I'd love to catch him crossing the street while I'm driving my car. It'd be like that scene from Pulp Fiction.
Yeah, he lives in Bethesda, I beleive.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSkin26
i just think gibbs said that based on knowledge. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that a pro bowl reciever who is a free agent is gonna want big bucks. I hope the nfl doesnt fine him
Yeah, everybody knows there gonna want big bucks

Old 02-16-2005, 06:34 PM
hR Owner

Must be that time of the year again...