Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 07-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich
Personally, I could do without the fireworks and explosions during the introductions, they always scare the hell out of me. And I don't care for the "Braveheart" speech's on the video screen like at Basketball games or any other gimmick to get people geeked up.
Bingo! Another insincere, contrived attempt to create an atmosphere. It's all bunk. Atmosphere is created by the fans, not crap like that. Unfortunately it's either league mandated or all the teams have bought into it, cause it seems like everyone is doing it. I always felt like fireworks were part of the pagentry of the Super Bowl. What the hell is a 5-11 team celebrating anyway??? When you're losing there should be a solemn dedication to getting the ship righted and shooting off fireworks (IMO) is way out of line.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Spirit

The best way to become the 12th man, is to get pumped up ourselves. Everytime I hear "Welcome to the Jungle" i get the chills, but only when it's at a major sporting event. Jeez if they played it at a Redskins v. Giants or Cowboys game I'd be the 12th and 13th men. That song pumps me up when you can hear the echos at the beginning, and then the crowd screaming and going nuts.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:51 AM

When I hear "Welcome to the Jungle", I always think of the late 80s Bengals teams....

I agree with your point, but people like the great fans here at HR are in the minority.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:55 AM
HR's Mom

Win
Don't sell tickets to other teams
Fill the empty "yellow" seats with kids from the city
Win

Those are my suggestions

oh yeah, and Show more SuperSkin on the Jumbo Tron!!!

Old 07-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty
How about this?!?! What if the entire fanbase brought pocket mirrors to the game, and then we collectively reflected light into the eyes of the opposing team? Its worth a shot.
Ya know, I actually thought about this. All we need is about 50 people using their wives' compacts to direct enough bright light at the QB's eyes. It might just work...

And I meant every one of them." ~David Lynch

Old 07-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGibbsGirl
Win
Don't sell tickets to other teams
Fill the empty "yellow" seats with kids from the city
Win

Those are my suggestions

oh yeah, and Show more SuperSkin on the Jumbo Tron!!!
How many tickets did the Redskins take back from the Washington Post? About 300 if my memory is correct. That might have an impact on the yellow seats. Otherwise, I think the Redskins and the fans are powerless to try and fill those seats. Only people with club level tickets can even get to that level.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandWagon
Bingo! Another insincere, contrived attempt to create an atmosphere. It's all bunk. Atmosphere is created by the fans, not crap like that. Unfortunately it's either league mandated or all the teams have bought into it, cause it seems like everyone is doing it. I always felt like fireworks were part of the pagentry of the Super Bowl. What the hell is a 5-11 team celebrating anyway??? When you're losing there should be a solemn dedication to getting the ship righted and shooting off fireworks (IMO) is way out of line.
I was criticizing fedex on another thread but only a few people agree with me. FEDEX is the anti-atmosphere as are those extremely annoying Dominion power commercials that they show at the games during commercial breaks. "hard work, determination, and a lot of hot water"-not funny, especially the 900th time. Part of the allure of going to games was that there were NO COMMERCIALS. Cooke vowed never to use the jumbo trons for commercials but the Danny doesn't honor stuff like that.

They don't have it all wrong though, they do play fugazi (a local DC band). I think there should be more of this. Also, DC is known for gogo music so why not play some of that? It's up-beat and unique to DC. Each city is unique, there is no reason why every stadium should be doing all the same gimmicks and cheers but they do. All basebal stadiums have that "deeeeeeeeeeeo" thing. They all do the "charge!" they all play that song from the six flags commercials. They all have the old three beat cheer: "let's go _______"<===insert your teams name here.

Lets have some originality here please!

Old 07-12-2005, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibleedburgandy
How many tickets did the Redskins take back from the Washington Post? About 300 if my memory is correct. That might have an impact on the yellow seats. Otherwise, I think the Redskins and the fans are powerless to try and fill those seats. Only people with club level tickets can even get to that level.
Those weren't club seats that the Skins took from the post, they were lower level red seats which they are now charging a premium for. The Skins would never have revoked club seats from the Post or anybody else for that matter. They still have trouble selling them as not too many fans are willing to fork out $350+ per ticket per game.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibleedburgandy
I was criticizing fedex on another thread but only a few people agree with me. FEDEX is the anti-atmosphere as are those extremely annoying Dominion power commercials that they show at the games during commercial breaks. "hard work, determination, and a lot of hot water"-not funny, especially the 900th time. Part of the allure of going to games was that there were NO COMMERCIALS. Cooke vowed never to use the jumbo trons for commercials but the Danny doesn't honor stuff like that.

They don't have it all wrong though, they do play fugazi (a local DC band). I think there should be more of this. Also, DC is known for gogo music so why not play some of that? It's up-beat and unique to DC. Each city is unique, there is no reason why every stadium should be doing all the same gimmicks and cheers but they do. All basebal stadiums have that "deeeeeeeeeeeo" thing. They all do the "charge!" they all play that song from the six flags commercials. They all have the old three beat cheer: "let's go _______"<===insert your teams name here.

Lets have some originality here please!
I think alot of people don't get too critical of FedEx because they aren't going to 10 games a year. If you went once every year or two the experience is probably fine. You get all charged up about the opportunity to go in the first place. However, for those of us who go to every game, we get a real good feel for what's contrived or not. I have a laundry list of improvements I'd like to see. As for songs, local flavor is cool. What Fugazi song do they play out of curiousity? One of my favorites was the DJ Otzi "Hey Baby" song.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich
Those weren't club seats that the Skins took from the post, they were lower level red seats which they are now charging a premium for. The Skins would never have revoked club seats from the Post or anybody else for that matter. They still have trouble selling them as not too many fans are willing to fork out $350+ per ticket per game.
Darn it! There's no hope for the club level. I'm still gonna try to wake these people up in 2005!

Old 07-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandWagon
I think alot of people don't get too critical of FedEx because they aren't going to 10 games a year. If you went once every year or two the experience is probably fine. You get all charged up about the opportunity to go in the first place. However, for those of us who go to every game, we get a real good feel for what's contrived or not. I have a laundry list of improvements I'd like to see. As for songs, local flavor is cool. What Fugazi song do they play out of curiousity? One of my favorites was the DJ Otzi "Hey Baby" song.
It's called "waiting room." Off of the 13 songs album. They only play the opening riff and then repeat it, not the singing part, but it's still cool. I think they phased it out last year.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Chief

What if we all laughed at the same time? Like when they bring a rookie out, or the kicker. He wouldn't be expecting that!

Old 07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Warrior

They need to build a rain cover over the top of Fed-ex like RFK has and then we will be the loudest stadium in the world.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefPowhatan17
They need to build a rain cover over the top of Fed-ex like RFK has and then we will be the loudest stadium in the world.
Apparently, FedEx was designed to be louder, acoustically speaking, than RFK was. I think that's why it's basically a very deep bowl-shaped stadium, unlike a lot of the other new stadiums in the league that have lots of open areas in the stands, allowing sound to escape.

My question is: Would the NFL have a problem with us building a Tin roof over FedEx?

And I meant every one of them." ~David Lynch

Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistleandthumb
Apparently, FedEx was designed to be louder, acoustically speaking, than RFK was. I think that's why it's basically a very deep bowl-shaped stadium, unlike a lot of the other new stadiums in the league that have lots of open areas in the stands, allowing sound to escape.

My question is: Would the NFL have a problem with us building a Tin roof over FedEx?
I thought that adding a retractible or inflatable roof was part of what Danny was looking at to bring the Superbowl to DC. Does anybody have any more info on that?
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.