Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 08-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Brave

mike martz should be fired immediately, if not sooner.

the ravens looked rough on saturday, but all the baltimore fans i know (too many) would go to war with billick, so if they don't produce this year and he gets sacked, i see a huge uproar in their future. wonder what happens to fassel if that happens.

the julius jones thing pisses me off too. this kid is not emmitt smith's second coming, he sucks! well not sucks, but i've heard way too many columnists preaching about him being the key to the dallas offense and if that's true then i LOVE our odds when playing them.

blog
Old 08-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Runner

Default blog

great read, I'd agree with you on HC looking over their shoulders,1 name I can see gone after the season is Brian Billick, he basically has place his career on the right arm of Boller and seemly has gotten no worth in return and if they once again miss the playoffs with their new OC in Fassel and new WR in Mason etc.....Billick is gone fired by the Biscuit himself (who imho has slowly become a owner who is seeing $$$$$$$ signs in everything from raising ticket prices and psls to soda and beer prices, I know my Father In Law is a Ravens fan with both...ugh...)

Old 08-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanburgerBum
One coach I think you missed as being on the way out is Mike Sherman of G.B. He is going down with a rapidly sinking ship. The Packers should have a top 5 pick in 2006.

I guess you havent watched the news lately. GB just signed sherman to a 2 year extension a few days ago. Why would they do that if he was on his way out?

Old 08-23-2005, 05:18 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Good analysis on the most part, but I don't see Billick and Parcells looking over their shoulders. These are SB winning head coaches who have not wore out their welcome in Balt and Dallas. I also don't see Del Rio and Gruden to be feeling much heat. The Jaguars are a team on the rise, and Gruden is only two years removed from winning the SB. One coach I think you missed as being on the way out is Mike Sherman of G.B. He is going down with a rapidly sinking ship. The Packers should have a top 5 pick in 2006.
They just gave Sherman a new deal. Gruden needs to win 8 games in the worst way to save his job(they fired a popular GM who built that team for Chucky, he needs to produce badly). Del Rio apparently doesn't have the confidence of the owner or the GM Harris.

Quote:
As for Adrian McPherson, I was one of those who wanted the Skins to draft him. As much as the Jason Campbell pick looks like a winner now, I still wonder if the better move would have been to take McPherson in the 3rd or 4th round instead. The Skins would have their No. 1 pick next year then. I don't know how accurate is your information about McPherson getting cut by N.O., but I think it would be a good move for the Skins to pick him up on waivers and hide him on the practice squad this year. There is a high likelihood that Ramsey won't be here after this season, and it is unclear if Brunell is going to be around either. Thus, there would be room for McPherson on the roster next season. Give him a couple of years and see what developes. A QB with his physical attributes and athleticism is not easy to find.
Ask yourself this question, if the Saints-who don't need a QB that badly(at least not for a few years)-don't think McPherson is worth keeping around for a couple years to learn while Aaron Brooks and Todd Bouman play, what does that say about him(the story is from the Miami Herald by the way)? I watched him play against Seattle, he sucks. You're better off playing him like a flanker/rb. Woodrow Danzler was a similar player for Clemson a few years ago, but he was a MUCH better QB prospect-he's a Kick returner now. Guys like Mcpherson have "potential" but rarely can make the leap to the pros as a QB since it is so much more complicated than anything they have been exposed to. He was 3 for 7 for 28 yards with 25 yards rushing. I don't see any potential or great physical attributes or great athleticism in him now that he's in the NFL and apparently the team that drafted him thinks he's a total bust. On top of that, he's never played in a pro style system until this training camp.

McPherson, to have any chance to be successful in the NFL, needs a team where he can sit and learn from a great QB coach for 3-4 years. And he would still need a ton of game experience. If he can't even beat out Kliff Kingsbury for a #3 job on a bad team. If the skins signed him, it would be years before he was anywhere near ready to play in the NFL. And if they took him instead of Campbell(even if they took him in the 3-4th round) the skins are gambling that Ramsey will suceed. McPherson couldn't even run a CFB offense, and while his AFL numbers look gaudy, they really aren't compared to the rest of the AFL QBs' numbers. I still don't understand this love affair that guys like you have with him. I can't think of a player who is rawer a prospect and as unproven a player as he is.

Last edited by akhhorus : 08-23-2005 at 05:34 PM.

Old 08-23-2005, 05:33 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGamer
Awesome work Akh, as usual. However, two questions:

- As has been said, why is Jack Del Rio on the hotseat? He almost took a 5-11 team to the playoffs last year.

- Do you really think that Denver will fire Shanahan? I mean, I'm not saying they won't, but he seems to be pretty firmly entrenched no matter what the criticism.
While I think Shanahan has pictures of their owner with a duck, the point at which people realize he has little to do with their Super Bowl wins is fast approaching. And they will look at their team and realize that they have a ton of money tied in players that really don't deserve it(Plummer, Champ, Lelie, Pryce, Lynch). Shanahan, for at his genius, hasn't won a playoff game since Elway retired. And it will take one bad year(which I think is coming this year) to get him the sack.

Del Rio has a TON of talent on that team, but they don't seem like they will be a player in the AFC this year. On top of that Harris, the GM was bad mouthing him to the owner and the owner reportedly hates Del Rio for a number of reasons. Like Shanahan, Del Rio keeps his job if he wins, one bad year and he's gone.

Old 08-23-2005, 05:37 PM

Trust me...Gruden is feeling the heat. The people of Tampa are ready to string him up by now.....
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Sagamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino
Trust me...Gruden is feeling the heat. The people of Tampa are ready to string him up by now.....
I wasn't overly impressed with Tampa after watching them in the rebrodcast against Jacksonville. From the game, I do believe Cadillac will be a stud. There was alot of comparison with him to Portis and it's justified. He looked explosive and there were alot of similarities between him and CP. I don't think Cadillac alone is Tampa's savior, but he will be very good. He will be better than JJ of Dallas, who looked better than I thought he would last season.

Last edited by The Skinsinator : 08-23-2005 at 06:19 PM.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Sagamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
Shanahan, for at his genius, hasn't won a playoff game since Elway retired. And it will take one bad year(which I think is coming this year) to get him the sack.
Denver is one of the top 3 sports cities currently in the U.S. At the top is unquestionably the Broncos. Sure, Shanahan coached the Super Bowl victories, but Elway won them. Because of the aforementioned reason, yes Mike Shanahan is on the hot seat. I have little doubt.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Healer

Good job AKH! I agree with you about Denver - their defense (especially the Dline) looks horrible. Interesting take on the 1st round busts. It sure appears that Benson is headed that way. Looks like a headcase and yet another RB flop for the Bears. Minnesota's RB situation hasn't really changed. If they wanted a power running game, drafting a back the same size as Portis in the 4th round isn't the way to go about it. Still it looks like they've made nough improvements to win 10 games in spite of coach Pencilhead.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:59 AM
hR Staff Writer

Nice Job Akh.

I really think the running game could be special this year. We have a lot of variety and two weeks in a row we have seen success at the goal line.

The starting D forced two three and outs and then an Interception before they left the game, that is strong play.

Hate to go on about it but the season comes down to QB again. Whether Ramsey and Brunell can step it up remains too be seen. They merely need too be efficient and cut down the turnovers and they will be OK. Tough game at the weekend so it is a perfect opportunity for Patrick to shine. If he plays a good quarter people will quiet down. The time is now Patrick.

Another Great Take!
Old 08-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Scalper

Default Another Great Take!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flave1969
Nice Job Akh.

I really think the running game could be special this year. We have a lot of variety and two weeks in a row we have seen success at the goal line.

The starting D forced two three and outs and then an Interception before they left the game, that is strong play.

Hate to go on about it but the season comes down to QB again. Whether Ramsey and Brunell can step it up remains too be seen. They merely need too be efficient and cut down the turnovers and they will be OK. Tough game at the weekend so it is a perfect opportunity for Patrick to shine. If he plays a good quarter people will quiet down. The time is now Patrick.
AKH and Flave! Two great takes! Gotta love it!

Old 08-24-2005, 07:08 AM

Great read!

Steve McNair has earned his stripes for the Titans and the team would be ROASTED if they traded/released him. Some guys are just warriors and he is one of them. I'm not saying Volek isn't a better QB at this point, but I'd liken it to the way Marty handled Green.... It just wasn't right. It is so rare that players stay with one team that fans don't want to see teams just toss a guy on trash heap just b/c he gets older. One of the saddest memories I have as a Skins fan is seeing Monk play as a Jit and Iggle. It made me sick. Teams need to embrace these superstars as long as they can still contribute (IMO)

Old 08-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
They just gave Sherman a new deal. Gruden needs to win 8 games in the worst way to save his job(they fired a popular GM who built that team for Chucky, he needs to produce badly). Del Rio apparently doesn't have the confidence of the owner or the GM Harris.

Ask yourself this question, if the Saints-who don't need a QB that badly(at least not for a few years)-don't think McPherson is worth keeping around for a couple years to learn while Aaron Brooks and Todd Bouman play, what does that say about him(the story is from the Miami Herald by the way)? I watched him play against Seattle, he sucks. You're better off playing him like a flanker/rb. Woodrow Danzler was a similar player for Clemson a few years ago, but he was a MUCH better QB prospect-he's a Kick returner now. Guys like Mcpherson have "potential" but rarely can make the leap to the pros as a QB since it is so much more complicated than anything they have been exposed to. He was 3 for 7 for 28 yards with 25 yards rushing. I don't see any potential or great physical attributes or great athleticism in him now that he's in the NFL and apparently the team that drafted him thinks he's a total bust. On top of that, he's never played in a pro style system until this training camp.

McPherson, to have any chance to be successful in the NFL, needs a team where he can sit and learn from a great QB coach for 3-4 years. And he would still need a ton of game experience. If he can't even beat out Kliff Kingsbury for a #3 job on a bad team. If the skins signed him, it would be years before he was anywhere near ready to play in the NFL. And if they took him instead of Campbell(even if they took him in the 3-4th round) the skins are gambling that Ramsey will suceed. McPherson couldn't even run a CFB offense, and while his AFL numbers look gaudy, they really aren't compared to the rest of the AFL QBs' numbers. I still don't understand this love affair that guys like you have with him. I can't think of a player who is rawer a prospect and as unproven a player as he is.

I did miss the news about Sherman getting an extension. But, what do you think the Packers FO will do when they go 4-12 this year (as I expect them to)? Do you think that extension is going to prevent Sherman from getting fired then? I don't. The extension will be a golden parachute for his retirement, but it won't save him from getting sacked.

As for McPherson, what's the big deal with putting him on a PS? It doesn't cost anything. Most players on there never become full-time NFL players anyhow. Why not take a chance that 3-4 years down the road he may actually be something special, in case Campbell doesn't turn out as expected or if he opts to leave the Skins. McPherson isn't quite Vick as a runner, but McPherson is pretty mobile and has a terrific arm. Vick is not a great passer yet, but look how difficult it is for the opposing teams to defend against him. I am just tired of watching athletic QBs run circles around our defense, while our statue Patrick Ramsey keeps getting sacked.

Old 08-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Scalper

Nice article and glad to see you are still consumed with Coles.

One thing that actually did look different about him though.......he was in the endzone on the 20 yd catch.

Sometimes all it takes is a legit QB.

Very good read all in all though.

Old 08-25-2005, 05:27 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I did miss the news about Sherman getting an extension. But, what do you think the Packers FO will do when they go 4-12 this year (as I expect them to)? Do you think that extension is going to prevent Sherman from getting fired then? I don't. The extension will be a golden parachute for his retirement, but it won't save him from getting sacked.
It prevents him being fired because it was the recently hired new GM who gave him this new deal. He's good for this year unless they really tank.

Quote:
As for McPherson, what's the big deal with putting him on a PS? It doesn't cost anything. Most players on there never become full-time NFL players anyhow. Why not take a chance that 3-4 years down the road he may actually be something special, in case Campbell doesn't turn out as expected or if he opts to leave the Skins. McPherson isn't quite Vick as a runner, but McPherson is pretty mobile and has a terrific arm. Vick is not a great passer yet, but look how difficult it is for the opposing teams to defend against him. I am just tired of watching athletic QBs run circles around our defense, while our statue Patrick Ramsey keeps getting sacked.
I would like him to show anything before I would go for putting him on the practice squad. Signing him and putting him on the PS would be a waste of a spot. Really, watch him play on the nfl network. He doesn't have this great arm you speak of and while he is mobile, so are a dozen other PS level qbs. Could he be a starter is in the NFL, maybe-but he has zero experience in a pro style offense, I would rather have a guy like Rohan Davey or any other CFB QB who has shown he can run an attack anywhere similar to an NFL style offense. If the entire reason you love him is because you want a mobile QB, there are far better examples and available players out there than McPherson. Seneca Wallace comes immediately to mind.