Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

For All You "Must Win" Fans
Old 10-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Chief

Default For All You "Must Win" Fans

Looking ahead at the schedule and especially considering we have one super tough game at KC next week and then the Niners at home, you guys are gonna get your first must win of the season week 8 at home vs the Giants.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Brave

While I'd love to think ahead to week 8 versus NY. I'm more worried about Week 6 at KC. This will be a tough game, and this loss does not help. Hopefully we can pull it together, b/c if we can win in KC, then I can see us being 5-1 going into the meadowlands.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceman
While I'd love to think ahead to week 8 versus NY. I'm more worried about Week 6 at KC. This will be a tough game, and this loss does not help. Hopefully we can pull it together, b/c if we can win in KC, then I can see us being 5-1 going into the meadowlands.
That's true but as much as we can we're capable of winning in KC, a possibility of loosing is just as big. After that you have the Niners which should be a win and you're going into a home division game at 4-2.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceman
Either the guys are dejected and come out soft, or they're rip-roaring mad and try to kill people on both sides of the ball.

If the second is true, I think we should win.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Moderator / 3 PEAT [2010-2011-2012] hR Fantasy NBA Champion

Hopefully we'll see the chiefs team that played so poorly against denver on monday night a couple of weeks ago. I think we can beat em.... I mean we couldve beaten the broncos today but in the NFL you never know. I mean the 49ers certainly are not the best team in the league but I dont think theres a game on our schedule thats a gimme.

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 10-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Ghost Dancer

Every game is a must win in this league.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Sentinel

Clinton Portis will have 150+ yards at KC and we will win. The Giants game is divisional, all of which are must-wins.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Ghost Dancer

I think we win the next 3 games.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Code Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinmayhem
Every game is a must win in this league.

There have been about 10 other threads where I have echoed this exact sentiment. When you aspire to be division champions ... you must win every week.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Code Talker

I tend to disagree I think you have to win the Winable games....Regardless. The Nfc is a little weird this year. Now normally I dont like to make predictions before Thanksgiving but In The Nfl there are 2 ways to the playoffs win your Division and make a wildcard. After yesterdays Cowboy win that makes everyone in our division 3-2 or better and all appear to be solid teams. If we dont win these early season games and beat ourselves up in a tough division we may say later on...SHoot I wish we would have Won in KC or SF or wherever. I agree that Divisional games are more important but lets keep focused on all our games IMO.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Papoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWBlitzST
Clinton Portis will have 150+ yards at KC and we will win. The Giants game is divisional, all of which are must-wins.
The Chiefs run defense has been pretty good this year. Besides the game against Denver (the Chiefs always suck at mile high, and Denver always sucks at Arrowhead) the Chiefs have not allowed a 100-yard rusher.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Sagamore

I agree with you a bit. Let's take one game at a time. That is a big reason for losing in sports, is not concentrating on the one right in front of you. All I care about right now is Kansas City. I'm certainly not taking San Fransico for granted either. Things can change very quickly in the nfl.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Code Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs575
The Chiefs run defense has been pretty good this year. Besides the game against Denver (the Chiefs always suck at mile high, and Denver always sucks at Arrowhead) the Chiefs have not allowed a 100-yard rusher.
Welcome to HR and Id look into the Redskins emerging O expecially the Running O. Our Passing game is much better but more suited to converting first downs and big plays. Our O line is just starting to jell and prior to last game Denver hadnt allowed a 100 yrd rusher either. IMO Portis could have gashed them for 150+ if we would have continued putting the ball in his hands as opposed to throwing so much. I think running the ball will be a priority against your team and the best way for you guys to keep us from doing so will be to attack our depleated Secondary if it isnt healthy at gametime.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:27 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchiefs575
Welcome to hR. Looking forward to a good matchup this week against the Chiefs. It will be hard for us to go there just like it was yesterday. But our team keeps proving it can fight and compete with the best teams. We have a lot we can take away from yesterday's game and hopefully go into your house and come out with a win. You can expect to see some wrinkles in our offense just like Denver did yesterday. I believe Gibbs has finally listened to rskinsfan10 and I about the little pitch out to Portis. We've been calling for that all season and we finally saw it yesterday.

Our defense gave up two long running plays yesterday which is not normal. We're normally a good tackling team. If it weren't for Marcus Washington being blocked in the back yesterday, Bell doesn't get that 55 yarder. It was a blantant no call but such is life.

Looking forward to a good hard-fought, injury-free game this week.

Greetings Redskin Fans
Old 10-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Papoose

Default Greetings Redskin Fans

Hello from KC. Allow me to first say that you guys got robbed yesterday. THe officiating was horrible.

Okay thats out of the way. I was impressed with your offensive line. THey max protected very well. THose duded are big uns! Reminds me of the old hogs. I am looking forward to our game it looks to be a good match up. THis will be the first time that our entire team is on the field. We get Eric Warfield back form suspension and Willie Roaf from injury. We look to match up pretty well. For those of you attending the game at Arrowhead let me say "Welcome" If youve never seen a game their its impressive. I wonder if the protesters will show up this time. THe last few times we palyed each other a few folks showed up protesting our team names.. Oh well ..Sucks to be them. I look forward to some spirited insites to the game from some of you. ANd yes. I can handle the smack also.

Welcome to KC and Im sorry to say I just cant root for ya'll at this time. BUt maybe next week. Oh by the way. I have seen a few of you posting that you have gone to a few sites that werer not too impressive. Allow me to invite you to Chiefshuddle.com. THis in the only site to visit for the Chiefs.

Well I know your going "Hail to the Redskins" in your heads but you are in Washington after all. SO I guess "Hail to the Chief" works also. LOL