Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Mohican Draft Tribe

Old 03-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
And he didn't do a lot of throws and drops backs that they will make him do in the pros and in the private workout days.
That's a RED FLAG to me. First, he skips the combine, then he's held back from making key throws (as reported by KFFL). If you've got it, you flaunt it. If I were a GM, I'd be much more impressed by Cutler's fearlessness under all conditions rather than Leinart and Young's touchy-feely approaches to giving themselves up for evaluation.

That doesn't make Cutler the best QB -- just the one I'd be most comfortable with if I'm signing a multi-million dollar contract.

If Young is pressured to come in right away and start somewhere, he's toast.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Buck

His private workout with the Texans is coming up soon so hopefully he'll be asked/told to make all the throws necessary that way we'll really know what's going on with him. Regardless, 2 years watching the game and he'll be fine.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Great Spirit

I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid here. I think he'll have a hell of a time adjusting to NFL football. I agree with akh in the fact that, once Texas changed to a gimmicky college offense, he became dominant. And although Texas' victory over USC was impressive, IMO it was the worst defense USC has put on the field during their recent years.

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi

Old 03-22-2006, 08:23 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobberknocker
That's a RED FLAG to me. First, he skips the combine, then he's held back from making key throws (as reported by KFFL). If you've got it, you flaunt it. If I were a GM, I'd be much more impressed by Cutler's fearlessness under all conditions rather than Leinart and Young's touchy-feely approaches to giving themselves up for evaluation.

That doesn't make Cutler the best QB -- just the one I'd be most comfortable with if I'm signing a multi-million dollar contract.

If Young is pressured to come in right away and start somewhere, he's toast.
Exactly. If you have nothing to fear and can do what is going to be asked, you do it during the beauty pagents of pro day. The fact that he didn't throw at the combine and then only threw certain routes at the pro day makes me think he has something to hide or hopefully improve on before anyone realizes whats wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3644Skins
His private workout with the Texans is coming up soon so hopefully he'll be asked/told to make all the throws necessary that way we'll really know what's going on with him. Regardless, 2 years watching the game and he'll be fine.
Not necessarily. Just sitting for two years and learning won't make him a good player, especially if he's spending the time stewing that he should be in. I don't know if he's mature enough to do that. He has to learn for those years or he's still toast. And if he still doesn't try all the throws at the private workouts, he has something to hide. If he does it and and looks like crap, then the Skins might have a shot at him in Round 2.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
If he does it and and looks like crap, then the Skins might have a shot at him in Round 2.
If that happens the team picking after us will have a shot at him too...

Old 03-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Buck

Quote:
And if he still doesn't try all the throws at the private workouts, he has something to hide. If he does it and and looks like crap, then the Skins might have a shot at him in Round 2.
In round 2 at what position?

Old 03-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Chief

I think he's being blackballed .... What else can he do If Matt Lienart had won the Championship...we wouldn't be having this conversation....

Mike Mayok...is getting paid by someone to push Cutler so much it's sickning....I just think that he's kinda being set up....

I know many of you will take issue with this, but I have to say what's on my mind....I don't understand it....I'm not trying to turn this to a black white issue... but I just don't kike the way he's being handdled...by the NFL Network...and the Media...they always talk about his form...does the ball get to the receivers?...that's the question.....I think Mcnabb fell intop the same hole and that's why IMO his game has dwendled

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Last edited by joethefan : 03-23-2006 at 08:46 AM.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethefan
I think he's being blackballed .... What else can he do If Matt Lienart had won the Championship...we wouldn't be having this conversation....

Mike Mayok...is getting paid by someone to push Cutler so much it's sickning....I just think that he's kinda being set up....

I know many of you will take issue with this, but I have to say what's on my mind....I don't understand it....I'm not trying to turn this to a black white issue... but I just don't kike the way he's being handdled...by the NFL Network...and the Media...they always talk about his form...does the ball get to the receivers?...that's the question.....I think Mcnabb fell intop the same hole and that's why IMO his game has dwendled
his completion percentage is bloated in my opinion. everyone makes a big deal about the supporting cast that leinart had, Young had the same thing. if you go back and watch the tape, his receivers made A LOT of great catches or were so wide open that your gramma could hit the receiver. even more disturbing, most of his throws forced a receiver to come to a complete stop to wait for the ball or go high (especially on his long balls because he pushes the ball more than he actually throws) and open themselves up to get killed.

let's be real honest here...his collegiate running ability (in a weak defensive conference and against a weak D in USC) opened the field up for his receivers and TEs. that won't be available in the NFL because A.) the defensive players are better in coverage, and B.) there are defensive LINEMEN (we're not even to backs or linebackers) that are as fast as Young. His speed/size aren't going to scare people like they did in the NCAAs.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by fent
his completion percentage is bloated in my opinion. everyone makes a big deal about the supporting cast that leinart had, Young had the same thing. if you go back and watch the tape, his receivers made A LOT of great catches or were so wide open that your gramma could hit the receiver. even more disturbing, most of his throws forced a receiver to come to a complete stop to wait for the ball or go high (especially on his long balls because he pushes the ball more than he actually throws) and open themselves up to get killed.

let's be real honest here...his collegiate running ability (in a weak defensive conference and against a weak D in USC) opened the field up for his receivers and TEs. that won't be available in the NFL because A.) the defensive players are better in coverage, and B.) there are defensive LINEMEN (we're not even to backs or linebackers) that are as fast as Young. His speed/size aren't going to scare people like they did in the NCAAs.
So is that a reason to push Culter the way Mayokk...has,...Cutler did nothing there in Vandi....it's almost like you're saying that as long as one has a cast he's not as great....I don't understand ..fent...explain more

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....

Amen

-Eric

Old 03-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Sachem

I am still not sold on Young and I never will be. I would draft a guy with one arm over him. Public Enemy said it best "Don't Believe the Hype.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
So is that a reason to push Culter the way Mayokk...has,...Cutler did nothing there in Vandi....it's almost like you're saying that as long as one has a cast he's not as great....I don't understand ..fent...explain more
i'm not commenting on Cutler in this (though i do think he'll be a better pro than Young). i have no clue who Mayokk is. and the cast issue isn't always a big deal, but Cutler had nowhere near the level of player around him to bail him out if he made bad decisions. i'm simply saying that those that want to raise Young to superstar (or even average) QB status are fooling themselves in my opinion. he's not the next Culpepper or McNabb, he's not even the next Vick. with his inability to read a defense, his inability to make all the throws, his reliance on running (a skill that he won't be the most dominant player on the field in the NFL), and his immaturity, he's primed to be Ryan Leaf on roller skates.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by fent
i'm not commenting on Cutler in this (though i do think he'll be a better pro than Young). i have no clue who Mayokk is. and the cast issue isn't always a big deal, but Cutler had nowhere near the level of player around him to bail him out if he made bad decisions. i'm simply saying that those that want to raise Young to superstar (or even average) QB status are fooling themselves in my opinion. he's not the next Culpepper or McNabb, he's not even the next Vick. with his inability to read a defense, his inability to make all the throws, his reliance on running (a skill that he won't be the most dominant player on the field in the NFL), and his immaturity, he's primed to be Ryan Leaf on roller skates.
where are you getting your info from?...Mike mayokk is the draft expert on NFL Network and a reallt credible guy that scouts pay attention to....who says that he can't read defenses....are you basing that on him being in the shot gun...lemme ask you....did you know how to divide before you know how to add and subtract....it's called learing and growing...no college QB understands NFL defenses until they are facing adn studying them...am I right?

Amen

-Eric

Old 03-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
where are you getting your info from?...Mike mayokk is the draft expert on NFL Network and a reallt credible guy that scouts pay attention to....who says that he can't read defenses....are you basing that on him being in the shot gun...lemme ask you....did you know how to divide before you know how to add and subtract....it's called learing and growing...no college QB understands NFL defenses until they are facing adn studying them...am I right?
Joe, he went to the shotgun because he couldn't read NCAA defenses. he made Brown change the system because he couldn't figure out how to run the pro-style system and he couldn't read the NCAA defenses. that becomes apparent even to the casual observer if you watch film and watch him throw into double coverage almost every time he lines up under center. if he can't read NCAA defenses under center, how do you expect him to read NFL defenses under center? and who says he can't read them? his coach, him, just about every scout that's watched tape on him...the list goes on. maybe now you'll say that he'll line up in the shotgun every time, okay, there goes your running game. he's not NFL QB material.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:39 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
If Leinart had won the championship, he'd still be the same prospect that he is now. Young would still be the same prospect that he is now. Winning or losing the title doesn't change what Young is and is not.

Quote:
And no one's doing that for Vince? Gil Brandt and Mack Brown are best friends and Brandt is the only one raving about Young? Hmm..

Quote:
I know many of you will take issue with this, but I have to say what's on my mind....I don't understand it....I'm not trying to turn this to a black white issue... but I just don't kike the way he's being handdled...
Its funny, you are trying to make a racial issue of this and you use an ethnic slur yourself.

Quote:
by the NFL Network...and the Media...they always talk about his form...does the ball get to the receivers?
Every QB can get the ball to the recievers. Hell, I can get the ball to a reciever, that doesn't mean I should be drafted high, does it? There are major questions mark on Young.

Quote:
that's the question.....I think Mcnabb fell intop the same hole and that's why IMO his game has dwendled
What? McNabb's game has dwindled because people are questioning him since he's a certain race? His game dwindled because he missed the season and had a major groin injury. You need to get a grip on reality.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:41 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Fent's comment has nothing to do with Cutler and only has to do with Young. Funny that you avoided all debate about that.