Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 08-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jporterweb
yea, but I have a question. What of what Coles said, was so harsh towards the Jets? I mean I saw it that he was basically promised and not given....
The article isn't in front of me as I'm still at the office, I don't want to get this article confused w/ others where he has said bad things so I'll wait until I have it in front of me to get specific.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:56 PM
jsarno

Quote:
Originally posted by nyjunc
I disagree about the talent at WR. No we don't have a WR as good as Coles but Curtis Conway isn't that far behind and Santana Moss is ready to take a leap. Don't forget that Santana was basically a rookie last year as he missed 98% of his 2001 season and after the same # of games his #s are better than Coles and the Jets threw ALOT more when Coles was a rookie. I expect a similar leap from Moss that Coles took from '00 to '01.
Moss is a great talent, I'll give you that, he could be the next Coles, we'll have to wait and see.
Conway...are you kidding me. That guy is a has been. While he'll be a great teacher for the youth, he is not even one notch behind Coles, he's buried in notches behind coles. I like Conway as a compliment WR. A reliable 3rd WR. But ask him to be the ace, and you're in trouble.

Quote:
Chad Pennington is a star and there isn't a player that I have more confidence in. Trust me, I understand everyone questioning him b/c he only has 1 great year but this guy is special and barring injury will be a great one for many years to come. He's the type of player that makes players better and he has more than enough weapons to get it done.
I think you misunderstood me. I know he's a great talent, and will be around for years. I would love to have him. I'm saying that his cast will not support a repeat of last year, not to mention each QB seems to have a "sophomore" slump from breakout years and don't fully come into their own until the 5th season.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:59 PM
jsarno

here is a list of Conway's career stats:
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/ConwCu00.htm

Conway has NEVER produced a season like Coles had last year.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Great Spirit

Curtis Conway will go down with an injury. He does every year. This guy is still living off one good year he had in Chicago about 50 years ago. I didn't like that signing at all.

Moss could be a genuine star. I wanted him instead of Gardner back in the 2001 draft. Gardner has come along and become a very nice player [reached 1000 receiving yards in a season first] and has stayed healthier than Moss, but I think Santana has the higher upside. As high as Coles? No. Moss's size will never permit him to be the player Coles is.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Banned

]
Quote:
Conway...are you kidding me. That guy is a has been. While he'll be a great teacher for the youth, he is not even one notch behind Coles, he's buried in notches behind coles. I like Conway as a compliment WR. A reliable 3rd WR. But ask him to be the ace, and you're in trouble.
The guy has played w/ some of the worst QBs during his career and 2 years ago he had one of his best seasons and last year was on pace until he was hurt. No he's not as good as Coles but w/ a great QB and alot of talent around him he still has the talent to be a good #1.

Quote:
I think you misunderstood me. I know he's a great talent, and will be around for years. I would love to have him. I'm saying that his cast will not support a repeat of last year, not to mention each QB seems to have a "sophomore" slump from breakout years and don't fully come into their own until the 5th season.
Actually the only one around him that had a great year last year was Coles. The OL was hurt most of the year, Chrebet came on late, Moss was basically a rookie, Curtis was badly hurt most of the year. This year w/ a healthy OL and healthy Curtis it should really help Chad to continue his great play. He may not put up the same kind of #s but he'll still have a good year(I think).

Old 08-12-2003, 05:05 PM
jsarno

What's the difference in hieght between coles and moss...I was under the impression it was only 1 inch or so.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jsarno
here is a list of Conway's career stats:
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/ConwCu00.htm

Conway has NEVER produced a season like Coles had last year.
he's also never played w/ a QB like Chad and has never been surrounded w/ the talent he is surrounded w/ now. I'm not expecting him to do what Coles did but I am expecting arond 70 catches for 900+ yards and 6-7 TDs add that to Chrebet and an improved Moss and our Wrs are pretty good.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
What's the difference in hieght between coles and moss...I was under the impression it was only 1 inch or so.
According to nfl.com:

Moss is 5'10" 185
Coles is 5'11" 190

They are both short but both are rock solid. I've had the chance to be close to both of them and they are not small by any stretch just short.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:14 PM
jsarno

Quote:
he's also never played w/ a QB like Chad and has never been surrounded w/ the talent he is surrounded w/ now. I'm not expecting him to do what Coles did but I am expecting arond 70 catches for 900+ yards and 6-7 TDs add that to Chrebet and an improved Moss and our Wrs are pretty good.
That's fan optimism.
Isn't conway slated as your ace WR??? If so, 900 yards is quite low for you're number one.

For the record, he will miss games...porbably 2 or 3, and have only 50 catches or so for 800 yardsish.

I am curious as to how Moss will do.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:15 PM
jsarno

Quote:
According to nfl.com:

Moss is 5'10" 185
Coles is 5'11" 190

They are both short but both are rock solid. I've had the chance to be close to both of them and they are not small by any stretch just short.
I didn't think there was much difference.

The 15 pounds might be what spence is talking about. But all players as they get older get thicker.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:19 PM
Banned

We don't have an "Ace", yeah he'll technically be the #1 but the talk is that Conway, Chrebet & Moss will be getting equal opportunities. So if Conway gets the #s I posted and Chrebet stays in the 50s, gets 700-800 yards and Moss improves from 30 to around 50 and 700-800 yards then we have more than replcaed Coles' production.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
I didn't think there was much difference.

The 15 pounds might be what spence is talking about. But all players as they get older get thicker.
It's 5 lbs not 15.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:27 PM
jsarno

Quote:
It's 5 lbs not 15.

Oops, you're right...must have misread it. Hard to see how one inch and 5 pounds can make that much of a difference.

Sorry man, I've been an NFL fan for quite some time, and being completely unbiased here, there is no way you're replacing Coles this year.
I just want you to remember what I said
1- Pennignton will take a step back from his breakout last year (only this year though)
2- Conway will not replace Coles in any form or fashion and will not do as well as you think.
Only Jets fans believe Conway is a good pick up. You better rely on Moss if the passing game is to work at all.

Old 08-12-2003, 10:03 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
You keep telling me that but apparently you aren't over as you keep posting about it. I need to get our side out so I will comment on as I see the need.

By the way, someone deleted it b/c it's gone.
Please don't be confused, You see I wasn't the one that has been running around saying that Coles should shut up. Our side? No one needs your side because he wasn't talking about you. Do we need to go through this again?

Oh, and trust me when I tell you that it wasn't deleted. It was just hidden from YOU. Did your post count suddenly go down 25 notches after that thread was "deleted"? Despite the fact that you say he shouldn't talk, you think that it's cool for you to do what you admonish him for. I have taken it upon myself to assist you in moving on from the subject. I feel so strongly about the cause that I have adopted it as my sig. But then again, here you go again in this thread. You'll respond again, maybe saying that I'm the reason why you keep talking about it. Your will power level is on ZERO. You said that you wanted to move on, but you were having such a difficult time in doing so, so I hooked you up.

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!!!

.....sigh.......

Last edited by rskinsfan10 : 08-12-2003 at 10:08 PM.

Old 08-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Great Spirit

The Jets can spread the ball around and still have a relatively effective passing game, like the Eagles do. However, Pennington's good, but he's no McNabb. We won't see Mighty Chad running for 600 yards and 8 TDs.

Santana Moss
Colt Brennan
Anthony Montgomery
Fred Smoot