Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Foxsports: Why teams wont win Super Bowl
Old 07-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Spirit

Default Foxsports: Why teams wont win Super Bowl

Foxsports.com

Quote:
Washington Redskins
Putting offensive coordinator Al Saunders together with Joe Gibbs could be as incongruous as hiring Baryshnikov to choreograph a square dance.
I have to admit that some of the reasons are freaking hilarious!!

my personal favs
Quote:
New York Giants
Despite several free-agent maneuvers, the Giants' defense is worse in coverage than Paris Hilton's fashion consultant.

Carolina Panthers
Chemistry issues arise when Keyshawn Johnson declares that someday Steve Smith will be as good as he is.

Atlanta Falcons
How much confidence can be generated by quarterback Ron Mexico when backup Matt Schaub was considered an untouchable in trade talks?

Pittsburgh Steelers
Losing a Bus and gaining a bike probably won't matter as much as losing Antwaan Randle El. Replacement rookie Santonio Holmes may provide more dropped passes than dropped charges.

New York Jets
The defense isn't bad, but the Jets would have trouble scoring in a women's prison.
That Jets quote is brilliant!!!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:04 AM

I prefer more analysis and insight than jokes, but if that is the best they could come up with for the Skins, I feel really good.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak
I prefer more analysis and insight than jokes, but if that is the best they could come up with for the Skins, I feel really good.
I figured they would conjure up something about Brunell getting injured. I don't see how Saunders and Gibbs could possibly be a bad idea, so yeah, I feel pretty good too. Not that we care what they think anyway...

I really like the Indy comment

Old 07-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak
I agree smoak....

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Old 07-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Comanchero

The Jets quote is hilarious.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Firebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbcbu
Foxsports.com

I have to admit that some of the reasons are freaking hilarious!!

my personal favs

That Jets quote is brilliant!!!
ok i'll play devil advocate... i could see how Gibbs and saunders be n issue. You have one of the greatest head coaches of all time that also calls plays, and one of the best off. coor. now.
What happens whn they disagree on a play..
For example... 3rd and 5... Gibbs says run it saunders says pass.... Well what if they went with saunders and it fail.. or worse was int.

I don't think it would happen but I think that is what they gy was trying to say. 2 brillent people can have different view points

Old 07-13-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresa
ok i'll play devil advocate... i could see how Gibbs and saunders be n issue. You have one of the greatest head coaches of all time that also calls plays, and one of the best off. coor. now.
What happens whn they disagree on a play..
For example... 3rd and 5... Gibbs says run it saunders says pass.... Well what if they went with saunders and it fail.. or worse was int.

I don't think it would happen but I think that is what they gy was trying to say. 2 brillent people can have different view points
Saunders didn't come here to debate playcalling with Gibbs. Saunders will call all the plays on offense. Gibbs will know what is being called but I strongly doubt he'll ever question what Saunders calls. The only things Gibbs will make the decisions on for the offense is whether to go for it on 4th down and when to call a time out.