Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Arrington's on the spot
Old 08-16-2003, 06:05 AM
Great Spirit

Default Arrington's on the spot

I don't want to sound like I'm not a fan of LaVar, cause I am a big fan of him, but I think this season is a turning point of sorts for him.

We all know the stories from his first 3 years in the league, the different coordinators, the different schemes, the different head coaches have all worked to hinder his effectiveness thus far.

Last year, Marvin Lewis tried to turn him into Peter Boulware. While LaVar may have been our best pass rusher, he is not a Peter Boulware. Their games are different.

The year before under Kurt Schottenheimer, arguably Arrington's best year, he was asked to do different things, and while they were more tailored to his skills, it was not 100% to his liking.

And finally, we all remember the rookie year under Rhodes where he was to engage the TE on every play, shed and read and react. Enough said.

LaVar has unlimited potential to be the next great LB in the NFL. His potential is so great, I think people could talk about him when his career is over the way people used to talk about Lawrence Taylor when his days were done.

But LaVar now has to step up to the plate. We have heard all camp how this scheme (the way Edwards will run it) suits him best and he feels like he has been turned loose and the comfort level with having some consistency for the first time, etc. He needs to be the most dominant LB in the game this year. For every sack of a Kurt Warner he had last year, there was an Ahman Green of the Packers breaking the tackle and scoring a touchdown. Those types of plays cannot happen if you want to be the best LB in the game.

I for one am looking forward to a season of greatness by LaVar and hoping the expectations we all had on draft day in 2000 are fully realized this year.
A buffalo herd can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo & those are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole because the health of the herd keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. Similarly, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Intake of alcohol, killing the slowest & weakest brain cells first, makes the brain a faster, more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Old 08-16-2003, 06:28 AM
Papoose

LaVar seems to me will always be the type of player who plays a bit undisciplined. He takes chances that sometimes result in a big play and sometimes blow up in his face. The key is getting him to make better decisions on those chances.

Damn I'm posting like crazy today, guess since I ditched my bitch and my car broke down all in one week it leaves a lot of time on my hands.