Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Mohican Draft Tribe

Fent/Akh new draft experiment
Old 01-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Great Spirit

Default Fent/Akh new draft experiment

After much deliberation, Akh and I have decided to create a site for our mock drafts and roster movement commentary in general. At the moment we're hosted over at blogger.com. The main link is draftacademy.blogspot.com. We hope to have a permanent site up sometime this offseason. We have just uploaded two new mocks. You can find Akh's here and mine here.

We also have our thoughts on the Senior Bowl and a list of Sleepers/Overrated players in the upcoming draft.

We're obviously going to continue to be just as active on hR and y'all will be the first to hear about the new drafts/columns, we just decided to open a site specifically dedicated to our draft analysis. As we move forward, we're aiming to have player analysis of as many of the potential draftees as we can, a breakdown of team needs/team tendencies, and as many other areas of the football offseason as we can. When free agency starts we'll have a column every 4-7 days to discuss how those signings change the NFL landscape.

Anyway, we've had a lot of fun getting this going, hopefully y'all will find it interesting as well. Once we get a permanent home on the net, we'll let you know.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Spirit

Darius Walker a sleeper? He just flat out isn't very good and the only reason anyone knows his name is because of the team he played for. I doubt he even gets drafted.

I like the Eric Weddle listing as a sleeper, but man, you guys have some serious east coast bias. If you ever need a mountain west correspondent...

Like the write-ups so far, looking forward to the real deal.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:01 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny's stogie
Darius Walker a sleeper? He just flat out isn't very good and the only reason anyone knows his name is because of the team he played for. I doubt he even gets drafted.
Walker is in the overrated pile I believe.

And if you want us to notice some of your fellow sheep travelers, shoot one of us a PM and let us know.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
Yeah, my bad, that's what a meant, how can he be considered overrated when he flat out sucks?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:02 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Yeah, my bad, that's what a meant, how can he be considered overrated when he flat out sucks?
I've seen him listed as 3rd round talent, I have him as the 20th rb in the draft(UDFA level).

I love Eric Weddle btw(not in that way lol), he could be the next Randle El-only with defense as his main spot.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:04 PM
hR Staff Writer

And here's a clickable link if you're too lazy to cut and paste lmao

Link

Old 01-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
he'll benefit from the Quinn/Weis hype machine. he'll be a decent 3rd back with some work, but not worth where he ends up being taken even if he's Mr. Irrelevant.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Spirit

Quote:

And if you want us to notice some of your fellow sheep travelers, shoot one of us a PM and let us know.
Well, Wendling is bigger and faster than Nelson or Landry, but he'll get taken in the 2nd round. He's flat out better than Nelson, while Landry is a bit more cerebral at this point. I think that any team drafting him in the mid-top 2nd is getting a steal.

Oh, and while I continue to ramble on about safeties you guys do have Merriweather in your duds, right?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:11 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Well, Wendling is bigger and faster than Nelson or Landry, but he'll get taken in the 2nd round. He's flat out better than Nelson, while Landry is a bit more cerebral at this point. I think that any team drafting him in the mid-top 2nd is getting a steal.

Oh, and while I continue to ramble on about safeties you guys do have Merriweather in your duds, right?
Yeah to the 2nd. I like Wendling, but big questions abound about his coverage skills. If he can run a good shuttle time and 40, he might creep upwards. He looks best for a cover/tampa-2

Old 01-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Yeah to the 2nd. I like Wendling, but big questions abound about his coverage skills. If he can run a good shuttle time and 40, he might creep upwards. He looks best for a cover/tampa-2
I think he'll be fine in coverage. Safeties who play out here have to turn and run a lot, because with the exception of TCU, all the conference teams are just chucking the ball deep and taking advantage of the altitude 25% of the time.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fent
After much deliberation, Akh and I have decided to create a site for our mock drafts and roster movement commentary in general. At the moment we're hosted over at blogger.com. The main link is draftacademy.blogspot.com. We hope to have a permanent site up sometime this offseason. We have just uploaded two new mocks. You can find Akh's here and mine here.

We also have our thoughts on the Senior Bowl and a list of Sleepers/Overrated players in the upcoming draft.

We're obviously going to continue to be just as active on hR and y'all will be the first to hear about the new drafts/columns, we just decided to open a site specifically dedicated to our draft analysis. As we move forward, we're aiming to have player analysis of as many of the potential draftees as we can, a breakdown of team needs/team tendencies, and as many other areas of the football offseason as we can. When free agency starts we'll have a column every 4-7 days to discuss how those signings change the NFL landscape.

Anyway, we've had a lot of fun getting this going, hopefully y'all will find it interesting as well. Once we get a permanent home on the net, we'll let you know.
looks like a lot of work went into it.. nice going guys, a real quality product

Old 01-26-2007, 03:16 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
And here's a clickable link if you're too lazy to cut and paste lmao

Link
Yeah, that's what I was looking for. No way I would have taken the time to cut and paste..lol...

Edit: Very nice job guys. Nice layout..clear and simple, so even old guys like shally can understand...LMAO!! (just kidding shally...lol)

Last edited by SpicyMcHaggis : 01-26-2007 at 03:19 AM.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Chief

Very good job overall. If we manage to somehow get a 4th round pick in this draft DeOssie and Abbate look like interesting prospects. I also think Tenard Jackson from 'Cuse and J.D Nelson of Oregon should have made your underated list. Also, I'd be careful with Aaron Rouse. He has good instincts and pretty rare straight line speed for his size, but a safety with stiff hips is a no-no.

In addition I think Hughes and Levi Brown got kind of a harsh grading. Brown is performing very well at the SB practices and if word is on Hughes that all he needs is a good 40 time and he's almost a lock to go in round one since he has the cover skills and especially the ball skills.

Last edited by BigCountry : 01-26-2007 at 09:45 AM.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis
Yeah, that's what I was looking for. No way I would have taken the time to cut and paste..lol...

Edit: Very nice job guys. Nice layout..clear and simple, so even old guys like shally can understand...LMAO!! (just kidding shally...lol)
so true, spicy.. i need all the remedial help i can get.. even a large print edition would be helpfull....

Old 01-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Chief Moderator

Great job guys...I will definitely check in often for new updates.

And please dont' forget about us over here at HR!