Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Mohican Draft Tribe

DFA: Akh's 1st Post-FA Mock
Old 03-09-2007, 09:12 AM
hR Staff Writer

Default DFA: Akh's 1st Post-FA Mock

Link

Guff on.

Last edited by akhhorus : 03-09-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
Link

Guff on.
Say the trade that the whole universe has been talking about goes down and we end up with pick #21, a second, and some midrounders..what do you think we do? Try and move back up to around #15 or stay at 21? If so, who do we go for?

Old 03-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Brave

I don't see Miami taking Quinn now. They signed a bunch of vetern guys and if Dante can come back this year they really need a player there who can help now.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis
Say the trade that the whole universe has been talking about goes down and we end up with pick #21, a second, and some midrounders..what do you think we do? Try and move back up to around #15 or stay at 21? If so, who do we go for?
If we were at 21, I think we would target guys like:
Chris Houston
Jarvis Moss
Quentin Moses
Justin Blalock

Personally, I think Buffalo might be a player with their 2 3rd rounders(the #12 and both 3rds just about adds up for the #6 pick). If we're picking at 12, the target is Okoye, with Landry and Willis as the consolation prizes.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:35 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by remaxjon
I don't see Miami taking Quinn now. They signed a bunch of vetern guys and if Dante can come back this year they really need a player there who can help now.
They've been negotiating with Trent Green and the Chiefs about a deal for him, they don't think very much of Dante(or anything they have) by the looks of it.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Healer

Quote:
They've been negotiating with Trent Green and the Chiefs about a deal for him, they don't think very much of Dante(or anything they have) by the looks of it.
I honestly believe that we may be in th cat-bird seat with the #6 if we still have it on draft day. With Quinn still on the board, there should be a bidding war between Houston, Minne and Miami for Quinn. He is exactly the kind of QB Kubiak wants in that rolling pocket offense of his. Miami will consider him an upgrade because he has four functional limbs and Minne needs to do something because Travaris Jackson is still 2 years away from being NFL ready.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Spirit

Nice mock. Where in the 3-4 do you think Posluzsny fits?

Old 03-09-2007, 12:27 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny's stogie
Nice mock. Where in the 3-4 do you think Posluzsny fits?
ILB. He reminds me a lot of Vrabel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis De Meatsnack
I honestly believe that we may be in th cat-bird seat with the #6 if we still have it on draft day. With Quinn still on the board, there should be a bidding war between Houston, Minne and Miami for Quinn. He is exactly the kind of QB Kubiak wants in that rolling pocket offense of his. Miami will consider him an upgrade because he has four functional limbs and Minne needs to do something because Travaris Jackson is still 2 years away from being NFL ready.
Well, its not just Quinn, Peterson, Branch, Anderson, Adams, Hall, Landry, etc etc could draw interest. Right now, I would be a bit surprised if the skins are picking at 6. I would love Okoye and extra picks.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Healer

Quote:
Well, its not just Quinn, Peterson, Branch, Anderson, Adams, Hall, Landry, etc etc could draw interest. Right now, I would be a bit surprised if the skins are picking at 6. I would love Okoye and extra picks.
With you, me and Joe Gibbs that makes at least three of us. I can taste us getting Blaylock, Sears, or Grubbs in round 2. Sort of musty but not unpleasant, like a really old bordeaux right before it turns...

I also have thoughts of getting Kyle Young early on day 2. I am baffled by this guy's free-fall after dominating WAC competition for four years, making Tommie Harris look ordinary in the 2003 Oklahoma game and having a good East-West Shrine Game practice week. Getting suspended 4 games for academics seems to have put him on the "PacMan Jones Watch List" or something. A 6'5" 330# center-in-training makes me feel all warm inside.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatsnack
With you, me and Joe Gibbs that makes at least three of us. I can taste us getting Blaylock, Sears, or Grubbs in round 2. Sort of musty but not unpleasant, like a really old bordeaux right before it turns...

I also have thoughts of getting Kyle Young early on day 2. I am baffled by this guy's free-fall after dominating WAC competition for four years, making Tommie Harris look ordinary in the 2003 Oklahoma game and having a good East-West Shrine Game practice week. Getting suspended 4 games for academics seems to have put him on the "PacMan Jones Watch List" or something. A 6'5" 330# center-in-training makes me feel all warm inside.
i agree with you and wondered the same thing

Old 03-10-2007, 09:21 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I think that Gibbs will be more in favor of drafting defensive help in the first day of the draft, assuming a deal down, and drafting a development guard to go with a Vet. There's a lot of development level talent available in this draft in the 2nd day imo.

Quote:
A guy that sized could move to OG easily. From what I understand, the big knock against him is his lack of quickness.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:34 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I think that Gibbs will be more in favor of drafting defensive help in the first day of the draft, assuming a deal down, and drafting a development guard to go with a Vet. There's a lot of development level talent available in this draft in the 2nd day imo.
Nah, Day 2 is worthless. You're better off signing a ham sandwich as a UDFA.
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:42 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold
Nah, Day 2 is worthless. You're better off signing a ham sandwich as a UDFA.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Papoose

Hey guys, i haven't posted stuff in probably over a year, but I went to the University of Florida but was born in baltimore and am a DIE HARD SKINS FAN!!! watching my team win it all this year i nthe very tough SEC, i was fortunate to watch almost every SEC football game this year and i have a major question regarding reggie nelson and laron landry.

Was it just me, or was i the only fan who witnessed Laron Landry (captain of the team) get rolled over and dragged by a freshman QB in the LSU-Florida game (the moster that is Tim Tebow) for 8-10 yards? I wasn't very enthralled by his overall play this year. But Mr. nelson? all he did was make all american at his postition, win the tennessee game with 2 INTs (one on the last drive to secure the win in a hostile environment and one on the very first play). take one to the house against bama to turn the tide of the game (NO PUN INTENDED), and had a pick in 2 of the biggest games for the gators this year (AT florida state and agsint arkansas in the SEC championship game). He just was clocked in the 4.3's at his pro day and has re-elevated his stock after taking a little bit of a dip in the combine.

My question is, if we do trade down, why not this guy? he's more of a coverage safety (which we obviously need) and can be had in the teens of the draft. I would love to see taylor and nelson covering the backfield. I would love to see us draft a d-linemen of course, but this guy i think will be spectacular in the NFL. what do you guys think?

Old 03-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Healer

Nelson had a great year and is obviously a gifted athlete. The question everyone has about him is where was he before this season? Landry has more of a track record and is generally regarded as a "safer" pick high in the first round. I wouldn't be averse to either player on the basis of talent. I have heard whispers of character issues surrounding Nelson, though not on the order of Meriweather, but haven't investigated to see if there is anyting to it or it is just pre-draft rumor-mongering.

As for Landry getting trucked by Tebow, every safety who ever played has had that happen at some point and, as you say, Tebow is a big boy. Jamarcus Russell has thrown down LBs by the face. It's a big-man's game.