Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Navajo ALL NFL Tribe

Old 04-10-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan43
Man, THANK GOD Carlos Rogers fell to us, or you know PacMan would have been a Redskin!
And if Rogers rebounds big this season from last year's struggles (like I believe he will), it will make everything even sweeter
Great job Commish Goodell!
???? What??? After the draft we admitted to target Rogers all along b/c he was a bigger, physical CB. In fact, our interest in Rogers led to the drafting of Campbell if I remember correctly.

Unless I am remembering it all backwards, I think this is another case of someone poo-pooing the franchise for something that isn't based on fact?

Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Chief

Why does everyone keep saying we could've drafted PacMan? He went off the board three spots before we picked, and good riddance. It's about time that the league actually did something about the thugs in uniform.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:56 PM

very happy to hear this. the madness needs to stop.

~R.I.P Sean Taylor 1983-2007~

Old 04-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Chief

Great job by the Commish. I wonder how players are reacting now to it. Too bad it took about 10 run ins with the police to get a year ban.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

With my understanding, these suspensions are before the new policy against negative off-field incidents are going to take in effect. I dont even think that they have decided but it sounds like these suspensions could have been far worse in the near future. I also heard from Bram that Thrash was on the 6 player advisory committee, does anyone know if there is a link???

Old 04-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Sagamore

I'm very pleased that the new Commish is one tough SOB. His decision should be a warning to all players.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStewart
With my understanding, these suspensions are before the new policy against negative off-field incidents are going to take in effect. I dont even think that they have decided but it sounds like these suspensions could have been far worse in the near future. I also heard from Bram that Thrash was on the 6 player advisory committee, does anyone know if there is a link???
http://www.emqb.com/nfl-player-advisory-council-set/

Quote:
The NFL Player Advisory Council I eluded to a few days ago is now official. A press release from the league office today confirmed that six members were selected by the National Football League Players Association safety Donovin Darius of the Jacksonville Jaguars, fullback Tony Richardson of the Minnesota Vikings, center Jeff Saturday of the Indianapolis Colts, linebacker Takeo Spikes of the Philadelphia Eagles, wide receiver James Thrash of the Washington Redskins, and free-agent safety Troy Vincent, who is also president of the NFL Players Association.

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross

Old 04-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

It's about time the league started getting serious about behavior.

Also Chris Henry has been suspended for 8 games in '07.
This is great news, these guys think that they can go out and disobey the law because they are in the limelight and get away with it. Start taking away some of the millions that contributed to giving them the big head and they will learn.

Way to go Goodell!!!

Old 04-10-2007, 06:44 PM

I am still waiting to see wo speaks up and says they think the ruling is a poor one.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak
I am still waiting to see wo speaks up and says they think the ruling is a poor one.
Go visit a Titans message board.

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross

Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Papoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak
I know I am one of the few but I actually think this is a poor rule. I think that the NFL shouldn't be the ones suspending the players. It is also a teams responsiblity to determine what happens to a players playing life. In all actuality this is just another way that the NFL is reacting in a stupid manner. The Nfl should suspend people from the francises for not controlling their players better. I am actually one of those people who think what happens off field, stays off field and vice verse. The authorities should take care of these players not the NFL.

Last edited by Return of 202/301 : 04-10-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:09 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return of 202/301
I know I am one of the few but I actually think this is a poor rule. I think that the NFL shouldn't be the ones suspending the players. It is also a teams responsiblity to determine what happens to a players playing life. In all actuality this is just another way that the NFL is reacting in a stupid manner. The Nfl should suspend people from the francises for not controlling their players better. I am actually one of those people who think what happens off field, stays off field and vice verse. The authorities should take care of these players not the NFL.
The problem is that the teams will be effected by the value of the player, the NFL won't be. And some coaches and GMs will tolerate anything and thats a reciepe for creating some cesspools of trouble makers.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Papoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
The problem is that the teams will be effected by the value of the player, the NFL won't be. And some coaches and GMs will tolerate anything and thats a reciepe for creating some cesspools of trouble makers.
Thats why I believe that whole franchise should be at faught not just the players. Suspend coaches for not controlling their team. Just because the players are doing the crime doesn't mean they have to be the only ones doing the time.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:26 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Thats why I believe that whole franchise should be at faught not just the players. Suspend coaches for not controlling their team. Just because the players are doing the crime doesn't mean they have to be the only ones doing the time.
And thats going to be part of the new rules. The NFL might start taking draft picks, but the players have to be punished also.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Why not both? The players can be punished and if the franchises have too many infractions they should as well.

But I really don't see your point at all. Franchises policing their own is foolish given the conflict of interest that exists.