2007 MLB Draft...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Moderator / 3 PEAT [2010-2011-2012] hR Fantasy NBA Champion

Default 2007 MLB Draft...

Well as all you Baseball fans know the 2007 MLB draft went down today...I want to know how you think your team did.

I'll get it started, being a Braves fan, I'm pretty happy with our picks...

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=atl

I really like the Heyward selection, even if he grew up as a Yankee fan...He should continue to develop and IMO has the size and skillset to lock down 1st base or a corner outfield position for years to come. I think Gilmore was a good value pick also and could be a very balanced 3rd baseman in a few years.

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 06-08-2007, 03:59 PM

No one's into the draft I guess...

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 06-08-2007, 04:22 PM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post
No one's into the draft I guess...
Sorry, I haven't had the chance to see any of the pics other than the Yanks first kid.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
Sorry, I haven't had the chance to see any of the pics other than the Yanks first kid.
LOl...I thought maybe people were boycotting my thread over the MikeandIke fiasco..j/k

Old 06-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Comanchero

Well I always stick with the Home team so when Baseball came back to DC I became a Nats fan. This is the first draft I've followed but I like what they've done Rizzo and Dana Brown have been known to be great drafters and so far analyst have given us great grades.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ch...php?chatId=310

Quote:
Jamie (Olney, MD): Kevein - What do you think of the Nats' draft so far? Detwiler, Smoker and Burgess seem like solid picks, but I know little about the other guys. Are any of them signability issues? (e.g., Smolinksi)

Kevin Goldstein: I really love the Nats draft so far. The three players you mention, and the one right after, righty Jordan Zimmerman, are all guys who could have gone higher had things fallen a little different. I'm not a huge Smolinski fan, but those first four rank nearly with anyone. They took a flyer on Jack McGeary in the 6th, and that's an awesome get if he signs, but it'll take a pretty penny to lure him away from three years in Palo Alto.
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=6327

Quote:
Honorable Mention: Washington Nationals

The combination of Mike Rizzo and Dana Brown proved a good one, as the Nats again went with high -eiling players in Ross Detwiler, Michael Burgess, and Jake Smolinski. In the end, however, sandwich pick Josh Smoker could be the best of the group.