Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Cover 2, Cushion = Eagles Dream.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Warrior

Default Cover 2, Cushion = Eagles Dream.

If we play the same defense we did in the Dolphins game, We will be eaten alive by the screen monster that Andy Reid is. 10 yard cushions on the Wr's will not cut it this week. Westbrook has the ability to make anyone miss in the open field and if we let them get dumpoffs like how we let the Finns, expect many skins to be seeing the Back of Westbrooks jersey all game. GW needs to utilize Taylor and Landry to the full potential to drop back and for the CBs to play man to man coverage. Most of all, we are going to need pressure. For anyone who watched the Packers play them on defense, you will see what I am talking about.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Comanchero

what if we spy westbrook with landry?

also kevin curtis could burn the cover-2 he has some speed and got behind the packers last night but mcnabb threw the ball a yard too far out of bounds.

hopefully we can see more blitzs and more of shawn springs next week.

Take a look at my BCS vs Playoffs article in the college sports forum

Old 09-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Hunter

I think we will blitz more and you will see more cover-1. I was listening to Sportstalk 980 today and they were even saying that GW ran that defense knowing Trent Green could not get the ball downfield. He just wanted to keep everything in front of them and let them do that dink and dunk crap.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by techskinsfan View Post

also kevin curtis could burn the cover-2 he has some speed and got behind the packers last night but mcnabb threw the ball a yard too far out of bounds.

Our safeties can cover more of the field than GreenBay can. Pressure should be the key. If we can limit McNabbs comfort time, we can limit him to short passes.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllable View Post
If we play the same defense we did in the Dolphins game, We will be eaten alive by the screen monster that Andy Reid is. 10 yard cushions on the Wr's will not cut it this week. Westbrook has the ability to make anyone miss in the open field and if we let them get dumpoffs like how we let the Finns, expect many skins to be seeing the Back of Westbrooks jersey all game. GW needs to utilize Taylor and Landry to the full potential to drop back and for the CBs to play man to man coverage. Most of all, we are going to need pressure. For anyone who watched the Packers play them on defense, you will see what I am talking about.
i dont think the eagles receivers have either the size or speed to terrorize the skins corners.

and if ever there was a time to lock landry down on a player i would say this is the week. let him shadow westbrook everywhere he goes.. BW IS the philly offense

Old 09-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
i dont think the eagles receivers have either the size or speed to terrorize the skins corners.

and if ever there was a time to lock landry down on a player i would say this is the week. let him shadow westbrook everywhere he goes.. BW IS the philly offense
Agree.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by techskinsfan View Post

exactly my thoughts.. mcnabb is not the running threat he once was. he was darn near immobile in the GB game.. put landry on westbrook

Old 09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
exactly my thoughts.. mcnabb is not the running threat he once was. he was darn near immobile in the GB game.. put landry on westbrook
This may be a bit much for him to handle in only his second game in the NFL.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Firebuilder

So help me God! I have said it for the past three years FIRE Rogers! He is every "other" teams dream D Corner. Throw to him and be sure of a first down. FIRE HIM.. or bench him! Damn he has the slowest feet ever. Springs back to corner, and him on the bench. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:18 PM

I do NOT care for the idea of a spy at all. We just need to hit McNugget early and often.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Healer

I'm hoping we see varying schemes tailored to the opponent. If we do, I'll be more satisfied that this past weekend we were responding to a 37 year old quarterback with a quick two-step drop and a fast read.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Warrior

I thought we did a great job of defending the screens against the Dolphins. I also was kind of dissappointed because I saw much more blitzing in the preseason than in the first game. I only saw Landry do it to it once in the whole game.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllable View Post
Actually, I think you're quite wrong here. The Cover-2 does well shutting down screens since the Lbs are in coverage and not over pursuing with the Cbs are playing shallower. Reid's desire to go downfield more is limited by the safety play. Not having a true Flanker makes their offense more vulnerable to the Cover-2(see what Tampa's defense has done to them consistently) along with having a TE who's nowhere near 100%.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post
I do NOT care for the idea of a spy at all. We just need to hit McNugget early and often.
considering that we couldnt get at trent green through a less potent offensive line, i am not exactly enthused about our prospects of handling the philly o line

Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessy36 View Post
So help me God! I have said it for the past three years FIRE Rogers! He is every "other" teams dream D Corner. Throw to him and be sure of a first down. FIRE HIM.. or bench him! Damn he has the slowest feet ever. Springs back to corner, and him on the bench. PLEASE!!!!!!!!
You're watching another Cb and not Rogers. Smoot has been awful and Rogers has been solid at CB.