Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 10-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich View Post
How could you not remember that game? Jerry Glanville cried like a little girl about us running the score up.

BTW, I'm seriously thinking of changing this thread title to the Crybaby thread. There is only one way to play and I would rather be unfairly known as a no-class winner than a classy loser.
Ditto. Each side of the ball is paid millions. This ain't high school, this ain't college, this is professional football. We don't have to worry about people's feelings here, when they are going home with millions of dollars. You don't like getting the crap kicked out of you, then do something about it. Patriots win for a reason. Redskins lose for a reason. You can't claim the Yankee argument, blah blah, we get outspent. Ummmm, no one out spends the Redskins, yet we are a consistently mediocre team, while the Patriots are consistently a Super Bowl favorite. Some of it is the way they draft, the smartness in scouting free agents, the instinct that Belichick has installed, etc....

Again, You don't want them to convert the 4th down, then make a damn play, if not, go home and cry.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:19 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich View Post
How could you not remember that game? Jerry Glanville cried like a little girl about us running the score up.

BTW, I'm seriously thinking of changing this thread title to the Crybaby thread. There is only one way to play and I would rather be unfairly known as a no-class winner than a classy loser.
this was before the advent of direct TV and the NFL ticket so us long term out of market fans could not watch every game. Reading small blurbs in the paper without extensive coverage did not always give the exact details of how the game went down.

As I said I do not agree with Bellicheck's decisions, but in many ways we brought it on ourselves.

I am actually just a little taken aback by Gibbs having no problem with it. I would hope he would be pissed about it and vow that it never happen again. This is the first time in GIbbs II where I do not think a turn around is possible, let alone likely.

I just think he is coaching scared and indecisive. I do believe he has it in him to be great again, but I am not sure he has the fortitude to reach down and roll the dice liek he used to.

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 10-29-2007, 09:20 AM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Gibbs' class has created at .453 winning percentage. Very impressive. Meanwhile, during that stretch, Belichick has a winning percentage of .781. Hmmmm.
I didn't realize they've had the same team. I too am not impressed with Gibbs but I am glad he'd never be accused of cheating.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
I didn't realize they've had the same team. I too am not impressed with Gibbs but I am glad he'd never be accused of cheating.
Accused of cheating? No. Not showing up? Typical.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Warrior

I think that Godfrey is ashamed that they got torched. The Skins were absolutely man-handled in every aspect of the game. The Pats showed them exactly how weak a team they are. They should learn from it, and improve, if they would like a shot at facing the Pats again this year. Otherwise, shut up. This crying about class is the last refuge of a loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
Not really. They send the offense out there with orders to run twice throw short of the first down marker on third down and then put. They don't even try to get first downs, which would at least help run the clock out.
Isn't that the same as not trying to score? LOL
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Gibbs' class has created at .453 winning percentage. Very impressive. Meanwhile, during that stretch, Belichick has a winning percentage of .781. Hmmmm.
Exactly! Win games. Score points. Destroy opponents. That's the job of an NFL coach. If I want someone to tutor me in deportment, I'll consult Leticia Baldridge. The Patriots were correct to go for it on 4th down. I'd have done the same thing. Why not? The players love playing for a coach who never takes his foot off the accelerator and the fans love it, too. I'd love it if the Redskins run up the score on the Jets. Since the Skins offense scores about 14 points per game, I guess running it up would be getting to 27 or something. [Our offense hasn't scored more than 25 points in any game this season.]

I don't see Gibbs as having any more class than Belichick. He's running a lousy offense and producing losing teams while getting paid a ton of money for it by an owner who doesn't know any better. And all we get from Gibbs' press conferences are lies. Not just lies, but lies so bald and obvious that he's insulting us by expecting us to believe it.

Belichcik & Co. give the fans what they want: Wins and entertaining football. What more could a fan ask for?

Last edited by Spence : 10-29-2007 at 09:24 AM.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
Isn't that the same as not trying to score? LOL
Well, they should just leave our defense on the field, then. Just use London Fletcher as QB. Heck, they won't let Campbell use that wonderful arm of his, so London is probably capable of throwing a wide receiver screen to the line of scrimmage about as well as Jason is.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:26 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
So, are you saying this changes your mind?
I am saying it moderated how mad I was. It put what the Pats did in perspective.

I still think it is running up the score, but I no longer am totally mad at the Pats.

Also if we blitzed once, maybe twice and put a hat on Brady, I doubt Bellicheck would have kept hi out there with 38 point lead. But the fact is we never made them pay for it. If Brady was picking himself up a few times at least Bellicheck would not want to risk injury.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Comanchero

Location: the darker recesses of lomas barbudal tropical forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle View Post
I see your point, but giving the other team some "business" when they're running up the score has a long history in the NFL. We've all seen it late in games when multiple whistles suddenly blow and flags fly. The announcers always say "Now the frustration is showing..."
there you go. look, it's only a game, so you can't make too big a fuss over someone goign out there and playing it to the best of their abilities. but everyone who's ever played sports knows--and everyone who's watched it should know--that a beat down like that, with the starters in the game late, is universally taken as disrespectful. but do you wait until you're in the safety of the locker-room and cry about to reprters? no, you late hit tom brady, you punch pats in the throats on teh bottom of the pile, you send in the checking line. and most of all, you remember how bad you got beat, and you work harder. the fact that we didn't start getting nasty on the field tells me alot about the constitution of this team.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:33 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
I am saying it moderated how mad I was. It put what the Pats did in perspective.

I still think it is running up the score, but I no longer am totally mad at the Pats.

Also if we blitzed once, maybe twice and put a hat on Brady, I doubt Bellicheck would have kept hi out there with 38 point lead. But the fact is we never made them pay for it. If Brady was picking himself up a few times at least Bellicheck would not want to risk injury.
That speaks to GW and his lack of altering his gameplan during a game. He was actually dropping Fletcher back about 20 yards, the Patriots saw this and took advantage of it. Yeah, we were missing starters but the backups are supposed to be professional football players too. They suck and so do those two on the right side of the offensive line. They should be ashamed to call themselves NFL players and we should be ashamed we considered them NFL players.

We are definately feeling the effect of all those wasted draft picks.

<<< SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN >>>

Sorry for interrupting your program, but we have a breaking story. The Washington Redskins are inviting any and everyone to Redskins Park for a tryout. They'll be especially interested in CB's and offensive linemen but will consider all opinions. No experience necessary but if you've been in the NFL before, it could be plus.

<<< END >>>

We now return you to your original program.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Great Spirit

I think the Pats were running up the score and I don't care. Good for them. I wish we did it. Heck, I wish we had a coaching staff capable of contemplating such a thing. Why tell your offensive players to go out there and NOT do their jobs? Does anyone ever tell the defense to stop playing? You play defense until time expires, why not play offense until time expires.

I have no beef with what the Patriots did. I only hope that the next time we play the Pats, we have players who will be capable of running up the score on them and a coach who will let them do it.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:36 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
That speaks to GW and his lack of altering his gameplan during a game. He was actually dropping Fletcher back about 20 yards, the Patriots saw this and took advantage of it. Yeah, we were missing starters but the backups are supposed to be professional football players too. They suck and so do those two on the right side of the offensive line. They should be ashamed to call themselves NFL players and we should be ashamed we considered them NFL players.

Sorry for interrupting your program, but we have a breaking story. The Washington Redskins are inviting any and everyone to Redskins Park for a tryout. They'll be especially interested in CB's and offensive linemen but will consider all opinions. No experience necessary but if you've been in the NFL before, it could be plus.

<<< END >>>

Preaching to the choir my friend, preaching to the choir

Old 10-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Papoose

Iíve read complaints about how we donít put our opponents away in a game and how we lack offense in the second half when we have a lead. Here is a team that plays 100% the entire game no matter how much points they are leading by and we are here complaining about how their classless. If the players didnít like being scored upon they shouldíve done something to stop them.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:37 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:

<<< END >>>

Cool. I'll have fun trying to write my column while trying to cover Jericho Cotchery next week.