Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
I think the Pats were running up the score and I don't care. Good for them. I wish we did it. Heck, I wish we had a coaching staff capable of contemplating such a thing. Why tell your offensive players to go out there and NOT do their jobs? Does anyone ever tell the defense to stop playing? You play defense until time expires, why not play offense until time expires.

I have no beef with what the Patriots did. I only hope that the next time we play the Pats, we have players who will be capable of running up the score on them and a coach who will let them do it.
And why didn't Landry or Taylor(or someone) get a 15 yard penalty to whack someone when they started doing that? After brady ran for a 1st on 4th down, I would helmet to helmet hit him to send a message.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:43 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Cool. I'll have fun trying to write my column while trying to cover Jericho Cotchery next week.
I am pretty sure I can block better then Wade. At the very least I can be a speed bump on the way to the QB instead of totally missing my assignment. More then one time I saw Wade totally miss the ***cbs*** DE lined up on his outside shoulder when not TE is around him to help block. He slides to the inside to pick up a phantom blitzer and the DE has a clear path to JC.

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
I am pretty sure I can block better then Wade. At the very least I can be a speed bump on the way to the QB instead of totally missing my assignment. More then one time I saw Wade totally miss the ***cbs*** DE lined up on his outside shoulder when not TE is around him to help block. He slides to the inside to pick up a phantom blitzer and the DE has a clear path to JC.
"Dammnit Akh, you're supposed to be helping CNY and Danny's Stogie on blitz pick up, not running a wheel route!"

Last edited by akhhorus : 10-29-2007 at 09:49 AM.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Gibbs' class has created at .453 winning percentage. Very impressive. Meanwhile, during that stretch, Belichick has a winning percentage of .781. Hmmmm.
If I remember right, Norv has about the same winning percentage here. Not EVEN going to look at what Spurrier did.........

Old 10-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Comanchero

Location: the darker recesses of lomas barbudal tropical forest

Quote:
Exactly! Win games. Score points. Destroy opponents. That's the job of an NFL coach. If I want someone to tutor me in deportment, I'll consult Leticia Baldridge. The Patriots were correct to go for it on 4th down. I'd have done the same thing. Why not? The players love playing for a coach who never takes his foot off the accelerator and the fans love it, too. I'd love it if the Redskins run up the score on the Jets. Since the Skins offense scores about 14 points per game, I guess running it up would be getting to 27 or something. [Our offense hasn't scored more than 25 points in any game this season.]

I don't see Gibbs as having any more class than Belichick. He's running a lousy offense and producing losing teams while getting paid a ton of money for it by an owner who doesn't know any better. And all we get from Gibbs' press conferences are lies. Not just lies, but lies so bald and obvious that he's insulting us by expecting us to believe it.

Belichcik & Co. give the fans what they want: Wins and entertaining football. What more could a fan ask for?
well, you're not exactly comparing class when you bring fan appreciation and winning into the equation, but you're undoubtedly correct that belichick is doing a better job. the fan and player satisfaction stemming from a blowout win is slightly larger than from an ordinary win, but the fan and player malaise at being blownout is orders of magnitude worse than taking a garden variety loss. this is the modern equivalent of the body bag game, and to see gibbs quail was extremely disappointing. he just wanted out of the game. and even when the pats starters were racking up points late, which we all know (despite our personal feelings or what he says to the media) gibbs took as disrespect, he still didn't send out the goons, i felt like someone punked my grandfather. regarding the skins, i hope we grow a heart soon and get our squabble on. regarding the pats, i'll be pulling against them in every game, and i'll be looking forward to playing them again one day, when we have a team with some nuts. belichick can do whatever he wants, but he's generating alot of bulletin board material, which has the potential to get his players hurt and get the score run up on his squad sooner or later (later).

Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
I didn't realize they've had the same team. I too am not impressed with Gibbs but I am glad he'd never be accused of cheating.
Actually, back when Gibbs used to be a winner, he was accused by many coaches of cheating. We've all heard the stories of the locked down practices and the many 300 lb "janitors" at Redskins Park. Even the league changed the way the IR is used because of Gibbs abuse of it to hide players.

And who really cares anyway? Now that Belichick is not "cheating", he has his team ripping through the NFL like it's wet toilet paper. Accusations of cheating is just a crutch for those that can't seem to accept that they simply don't measure up.

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross

Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
And why didn't Landry or Taylor(or someone) get a 15 yard penalty to whack someone when they started doing that? After brady ran for a 1st on 4th down, I would helmet to helmet hit him to send a message.
This is what I wrote in Quick Hitters:
Quote:
Iíll say this for the Redskins: Theyíre good losers. They took it well, aside from a complaint or two about the Patriots running up the score. The Redskins didnít seem angry or embarrassed in the 4th quarter, there were no personal fouls or late hits or fights started. The Redskins took their beating politely and calmly. Very sportsmanlike. Also very pathetic.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Comanchero

Location: the darker recesses of lomas barbudal tropical forest

Quote:
yeah, what's belichick going ot say in the presser? taylor spit in tom's face, how classless. he's been fielding questions about running up the score for weeks now; he knows the perception.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:01 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Yeah, its sad to see. Now if they go up to New York and take it out on the Jets, I'll feel better. If they lay down for them also, this season will spin out of control.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
exactly... a message needed to be sent.. instead we lay down like the dogs we are

Old 10-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
cant remember who said it, but it applies

"you show me a good loser, and i'll show you a loser.."

Old 10-29-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
cant remember who said it, but it applies

"you show me a good loser, and i'll show you a loser.."
Lombardi.

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross

Old 10-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
I would helmet to kneecap him to send him to the IR.

If you're gonna leave your starters on the field and run up the score, you're gonna pay.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
I would helmet to kneecap him to send him to the IR.

If you're gonna leave your starters on the field and run up the score, you're gonna pay.
We all need to do whatever we can to get Brady on the cover of Madden 09 next year. And then get EA Sports to release Madden 09 before this Christmas.

(This is the Madden cover curse, for those who don't know what I'm talking about).

Old 10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
<<< SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN >>>

Sorry for interrupting your program, but we have a breaking story. The Washington Redskins are inviting any and everyone to Redskins Park for a tryout. They'll be especially interested in CB's and offensive linemen but will consider all opinions. No experience necessary but if you've been in the NFL before, it could be plus.

<<< END >>>
Some things never change. Still not looking for a DE.