Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Navajo ALL NFL Tribe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #16  
Old 11-12-2007, 12:22 AM
give_portis_the_rock's Avatar
give_portis_the_rock give_portis_the_rock is offline
Sachem
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich View Post
It's bad enough not having Marvin Harrison but Dallas Clark being out was a killer for Manning and the Colts. He is the guy that creates the mismatches, without him, the Colts are predictable and much more easily defensed.
Plus their OL is banged up
It is bizarre to see Manning get TOUCHED (not even sacked, just TOUCHED) so often in a game.

BTW did anyone notice CP is now third in the league in rushing? Wasn't he 19th two weeks ago? That's gotta give you hope for our chances, right? With our OL meshing and CP getting hot -- not to mention the inevitable FLOP for the Giants and Lions, and the inevitable cool down for the Boys -- then we really can compete in the NFC. No I'm serious.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 11-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Santheb's Avatar
Santheb Santheb is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunBunch17 View Post
Plus their OL is banged up
It is bizarre to see Manning get TOUCHED (not even sacked, just TOUCHED) so often in a game.

BTW did anyone notice CP is now third in the league in rushing? Wasn't he 19th two weeks ago? That's gotta give you hope for our chances, right? With our OL meshing and CP getting hot -- not to mention the inevitable FLOP for the Giants and Lions, and the inevitable cool down for the Boys -- then we really can compete in the NFC. No I'm serious.
Lots of inevitable there, but no certainty. Our chances are slim...but then again, they were slim in 2005, too.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 11-12-2007, 09:03 AM
RedskinRyan's Avatar
RedskinRyan RedskinRyan is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 14,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by give_portis_the_rock View Post
BTW did anyone notice CP is now third in the league in rushing?
holy crap he sure is. and until patrick willis plays tonight, london fletcher leads the league in tackles. although good things, doesnt really mean much since we're only 5-4.
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Dolla Bill's Avatar
Dolla Bill Dolla Bill is offline
Chief
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Roanoke, Va.
Posts: 8,250
Default

San Diego was completely overrated. How does Manning throw 6 INT, and you only win by 2?
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 11-12-2007, 01:14 PM
give_portis_the_rock's Avatar
give_portis_the_rock give_portis_the_rock is offline
Sachem
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santheb View Post
Lots of inevitable there, but no certainty. Our chances are slim...but then again, they were slim in 2005, too.
Come on man, there is plenty of certainty.
Giants were 6-2 at midseason last year, too. And they finished 8-8.
Cowboys were 8-4 after 12 games and finished 9-7.
Lions are the Lions, no way they can keep this going...
Reply With Quote

  #21  
Old 11-12-2007, 01:15 PM
lakeskin's Avatar
lakeskin lakeskin is offline
Code Talker
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolla Bill View Post
San Diego was completely overrated. How does Manning throw 6 INT, and you only win by 2?
Um, Norv Tuner? Ted Cottrell? All of the above?
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 PM
give_portis_the_rock's Avatar
give_portis_the_rock give_portis_the_rock is offline
Sachem
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeskin View Post
Um, Norv Tuner? Ted Cottrell? All of the above?
If they were gonna fire Marty they at least should've done it sooner -- no point in firing him when the only man available is Norv...
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 11-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Santheb's Avatar
Santheb Santheb is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by give_portis_the_rock View Post
Come on man, there is plenty of certainty.
Giants were 6-2 at midseason last year, too. And they finished 8-8.
Cowboys were 8-4 after 12 games and finished 9-7.
Lions are the Lions, no way they can keep this going...
I like your optimism, but I really don't see it happening this year, unless we win out, and even then, it's not a guarantee.

We're essentially fighting for a Wild Card spot, and there's only two of those. Green Bay has their division locked up tight, and it's looking that way with Dallas as well. Detroit is 6-3, and so are the Giants.

It can happen, I guess, but we'd need a good deal of help.

Last edited by Santheb : 11-12-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 11-12-2007, 02:00 PM
give_portis_the_rock's Avatar
give_portis_the_rock give_portis_the_rock is offline
Sachem
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santheb View Post
I like your optimism, but I really don't see it happening this year, unless we win out, and even then, it's not a guarantee.

We're essentially fighting for a Wild Card spot, and there's only two of those. Green Bay has their division locked up tight, and it's looking that way with Dallas as well. Detroit is 6-3, and so are the Giants.

It can happen, I guess, but we'd need a good deal of help.
Well man, after nine games a lot of things seem like locks, but really aren't.
I'm just going on past precedent. Boys flopped last year, Giants flopped last year. Who's to say they won't flop this year? At this point I fear the Eagles more than the rest of the division...
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 11-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Santheb's Avatar
Santheb Santheb is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by give_portis_the_rock View Post
Well man, after nine games a lot of things seem like locks, but really aren't.
I'm just going on past precedent. Boys flopped last year, Giants flopped last year. Who's to say they won't flop this year? At this point I fear the Eagles more than the rest of the division...
If we're going on past precedent, we're going to suck a great deal and have no chance at doing anything but ending up with a top five pick. You can't go with past precedent for other teams and current precedent for ours, unfortunately. Hell, even with current precedent, we still probably don't deserve to make the playoffs.
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
give_portis_the_rock's Avatar
give_portis_the_rock give_portis_the_rock is offline
Sachem
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santheb View Post
If we're going on past precedent, we're going to suck a great deal and have no chance at doing anything but ending up with a top five pick. You can't go with past precedent for other teams and current precedent for ours, unfortunately. Hell, even with current precedent, we still probably don't deserve to make the playoffs.
All I know is, our OL is finally starting to mesh and we're finally taking Jason's training wheels off. Our defence played well against Philly too until Taylor went down -- and even though he's out it's only for 2 weeks.

As bad as we've been playing, we're 5-4. If we really get rolling then nobody in the NFC is better than us.
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 11-12-2007, 09:24 PM
SkinsfaninNJ's Avatar
SkinsfaninNJ SkinsfaninNJ is offline
Chief
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West Caldwell, NJ
Posts: 7,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich View Post
It's bad enough not having Marvin Harrison but Dallas Clark being out was a killer for Manning and the Colts. He is the guy that creates the mismatches, without him, the Colts are predictable and much more easily defensed.
The thing that is interesting to me is we got to see what Payton is like with mediocore receivers, kinda like the ones Brady has played with the last 6 years. Another discussion point in determining which QB is better?
__________________
Leaders aren't born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work.
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Alright, the skins get lambasted for spending 20-40ish million on free agents and not winning a lot. The 49ers spend over 120 million on free agents, and gave up what looks to be a top 6 pick in next year's draft and where's even the scintilla of criticism of the 49ers(or Nolan for that matter. This team has sucked goat under him in San Fran, yet no pundit dares to criticism him? WTF)
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 11-12-2007, 10:45 PM
RedskinRyan's Avatar
RedskinRyan RedskinRyan is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 14,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Alright, the skins get lambasted for spending 20-40ish million on free agents and not winning a lot. The 49ers spend over 120 million on free agents, and gave up what looks to be a top 6 pick in next year's draft and where's even the scintilla of criticism of the 49ers(or Nolan for that matter. This team has sucked goat under him in San Fran, yet no pundit dares to criticism him? WTF)
yeah i dont think the 49ers are receiving enough heat. i know clements got an INT in this game, but that's all i've heard about him since he signed that mega-contract.
Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 11-12-2007, 10:49 PM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRyan View Post
yeah i dont think the 49ers are receiving enough heat. i know clements got an INT in this game, but that's all i've heard about him since he signed that mega-contract.
Yeah, and he also gave up a bunch of passes tonight. Him, Banta-Cain, Mike Lewis, Ashley Lelie and Darrell Jackson...all busts. Meanwhile, Mike Nolan is now 13-28 as their head coach, yet you never hear any talk that he's on the hot seat?
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |