Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

hR Official Gameday Thread Playoff Edition: Redskins--@--Seattle
Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 PM
hR Owner

Thumbs up hR Official Gameday Thread Playoff Edition: Redskins--@--Seattle

24 hours till kickoff! Talk about the game in this thread.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Warrior

Butterflies in my stomach churning and making me think I will lose my breakfast. I have not been this nervous since we played in our last SB. I do no not know if my nervous system will take it.

Last edited by hogs86 : 01-05-2008 at 09:24 AM.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Healer

Lets Go!!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Buck

I have to work

luckily I don't think anyone at my restaurant cares much for the NFL so I will be able to avoid the score until I can watch it later.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:30 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit'Skin View Post
I have to work

luckily I don't think anyone at my restaurant cares much for the NFL so I will be able to avoid the score until I can watch it later.
Brit, you don't work with Gordan Ramsey do you?

Love that guy. Makes for good TV.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Shaman

I wish this game was at 1:00, i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for it! BRING ON THE BIRDS!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:41 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfauble83 View Post
I wish this game was at 1:00, i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for it! BRING ON THE BIRDS!
I thought the AFC wildcard game was at 12:30pm. Not Primetime! Ughh

Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMike View Post
I thought the AFC wildcard game was at 12:30pm. Not Primetime! Ughh
i thought the same thing - who do think they are? well, they are who we thought they were

come on game time!! it's been a long time since i've felt this way about a Skins game -- 2005 doesn't come close -- after reading some posts from Hawks boards i hope the Skins stomp their a** in the dirt -- good lord they had my blood boiling last night - some of their fans are the nastiest ones i've run across

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

myspace.com/skinsfan45

Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Sagamore

POSTED 11:38 a.m. EST, January 5, 2008

BRANCH IS A GAME-TIME DECISION

The guy for whom the Seahawks gave up a first-round pick in September 2006 in the hopes of taking the final step to a Super Bowl win might not play during the team's first step toward a 2008 Lombardi Trophy.

Per Ed Werder of ESPN, receiver Deion Branch is a game-time decision with a calf injury.

Werder says that coach Mike Holmgren says that Branch is doubtful (he technically was listed as questionable on the injury report). Holmgren expects Branch to lobby to play, and quarterback Matt Hasselbeck thinks that Branch will play, weather permitting.

As to Hasselbeck, he told Werder that he has a "slightly sprained right wrist," which is giving Hasselbeck concerns about his accuracy. But in yet another example of the blatant manner in which NFL teams fail to properly disclose injuries (without consequence), Hasselbeck is not listed as "probable" -- which is intended to disclose the existence of an injury that nevertheless leaves the player virtually certain to be available for normal duty.

If the goal is to ensure that there is no inside information that gamblers could attempt to acquire by infiltrating the team, a condition that is causing the quarterback to be worried about his accuracy in throwing the ball is probably the kind of information that should be available earlier in the week -- and not just a few hours before kickoff via ESPN.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMike View Post
Brit, you don't work with Gordan Ramsey do you?

Love that guy. Makes for good TV.
lol no.

He swears a bit too much for me.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogs86 View Post
Butterflies in my stomach churning and making me think I will lose my breakfast. I have not been this nervous since we played in our last SB. I do no not know if my nervous system will take it.
Butterflies!!??? I'm huffing RAID to kill a stomach full of these:

Good luck today everyone and hold down the fort for us!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
POSTED 11:38 a.m. EST, January 5, 2008

BRANCH IS A GAME-TIME DECISION

The guy for whom the Seahawks gave up a first-round pick in September 2006 in the hopes of taking the final step to a Super Bowl win might not play during the team's first step toward a 2008 Lombardi Trophy.

Per Ed Werder of ESPN, receiver Deion Branch is a game-time decision with a calf injury.

Werder says that coach Mike Holmgren says that Branch is doubtful (he technically was listed as questionable on the injury report). Holmgren expects Branch to lobby to play, and quarterback Matt Hasselbeck thinks that Branch will play, weather permitting.

As to Hasselbeck, he told Werder that he has a "slightly sprained right wrist," which is giving Hasselbeck concerns about his accuracy. But in yet another example of the blatant manner in which NFL teams fail to properly disclose injuries (without consequence), Hasselbeck is not listed as "probable" -- which is intended to disclose the existence of an injury that nevertheless leaves the player virtually certain to be available for normal duty.

If the goal is to ensure that there is no inside information that gamblers could attempt to acquire by infiltrating the team, a condition that is causing the quarterback to be worried about his accuracy in throwing the ball is probably the kind of information that should be available earlier in the week -- and not just a few hours before kickoff via ESPN.
That could be huge, Branch out and Hasselback inaccurate? That'll leave them with Burleson, Hackett and Engram as receivers, which would still be a handful. I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Either way, at best it sounds like Branch will not be at full strength playing with a calf injury.

I'm liking our matchup this afternoon.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Great Spirit

Branch doesn't worry me nearly as much as Hackett and Engram. Every little bit helps out so I'll take it.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWGZHEAD View Post
Branch doesn't worry me nearly as much as Hackett and Engram. Every little bit helps out so I'll take it.
I'm hoping we see Springs on Engram and Smoot on Hackett leaving Branch/Burleson with PP or Leigh covering.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Buck

I'm currently watching the Manchester United FA Cup match, but i'm so much more looking forward to the 'Skins game. Roll on 3 hours time!!!

I've got my cans of lager at the ready!!