Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR Archives and Help Desk > Archive Forum

Old 02-27-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquared View Post
Sure that makes total sense. 2 of the best wr of all time.
PUH-LEASE. Moss is probably the single most physocally gifted, but until last year, I never got the feeling that he worked hard. Even last year isn't proof of hard work, but might be more of a function of playing with Brady and that O-line.

And TO is again very physically gifted (less so than Moss IMO), but he is just a hair short of certifiably NUTS in my opinion.

Frankly and HONESTLY, I'd love to see those two nutballs on the same team b/c indivually they are ego maniacal distrations... Together they would be the pstcho ward equivalent to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliBabba View Post
please elaborate

Unless you envision some type of perfect storm scenario where Moss and T.O. take the field together only to spontaneously combust into a raging inferno that engulfs Roy Williams entirely, undoes all of Jerruh's facelifts, deforms Romo into a Mark Rypien look-alike, and burns the new stadium to the ground I don't follow

I respect hard working, high character player. These two are guys who get by on SUPERIOR physical ability and I don't respect that. I would literally love to see the two egos go at it... Specifically, TO can NOT take a back seat to anyone. MOss id not insane, but I doubt he would put up with it in the huddle. I don't for a second believe it would work.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:59 PM
hR Staff/Spanish Translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post
I would love for (Randy) Moss to go to dallass personally.
No way for me. Some people here were very "happy" when the Cowboys got TO because the team was going to ridiculously implode. That hasn't happened, and he has been very nice down there, I don't think anybody in Dallas regrets the decision. I certainly don't want Moss along him, plus Crayton and Witten.

"You can't be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes. I've been blessed. God looked out for me. I'm happy."
- Sean Taylor

Old 02-27-2008, 09:22 PM
2007/2008 hR Pick'em Champ

You know Moss isn't going to keep his act together down there. If that happens, the whole receiving core will unravel and that'll be good times. Can you imagine the pissing matches and crying between those two? It'll be epic.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroGenic View Post
You know Moss isn't going to keep his act together down there. If that happens, the whole receiving core will unravel and that'll be good times. Can you imagine the pissing matches and crying between those two? It'll be epic.
But if not, they'll be legit SB contenders. I rather have Moss winning games in NE than possibly causing turmoil in Dallas

"You can't be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes. I've been blessed. God looked out for me. I'm happy."
- Sean Taylor

Old 02-27-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJacksonTaylor28 View Post
But if not, they'll be legit SB contenders. I rather have Moss winning games in NE than possibly causing turmoil in Dallas
They were already SB contenders, like it or not. They had that title put on them right up until the end of the season when their luck seemed to fizzle out. Adding Moss adds another super ego to stroke with a limited amount of balls to go around. Yes, the combo of Moss and TO is a pretty scary thought, but it also has some major potential for everybody to bust out their popcorn so to speak.

The fact that Jerruh is practically stalking Darren McFadden makes it that much better. Wade Phillips isn't exactly the kind of person that demands respect and discipline from his players, so this has the makings for a spectacular failure (at least for them). I might be looking forward to this just a little bit; what's better than seeing a "super bowl contender" fall apart through pricey acquisitions?

...and yeah I guess it's all about possibilities... but isn't this a good one? Moss didn't change, he just didn't have anything to complain about. NE didn't exactly lose a lot...

Last edited by PyroGenic : 02-27-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: I apparently forgot how to spell

Old 02-27-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
They were already SB contenders, like it or not. They had that title put on them right up until the end of the season when their luck seemed to fizzle out. Adding Moss adds another super ego to stroke with a limited amount of balls to go around. Yes, the combo of Moss and TO is a pretty scary thought, but it also has some major potential for everybody to bust out their popcorn so to speak.

The fact that Jerruh is practically stalking Darren McFadden makes it that much better. Wade Phillips isn't exactly the kind of person that demands respect and discipline from his players, so this has the makings for a spectacular failure (at least for them). I might be looking forward to this just a little bit; what's better than seeing a "super bowl contender" fall apart through pricey acquisitions?

...and yeah I guess it's all about possibilities... but isn't this a good one? Moss didn't change, he just didn't have anything to complain about. NE didn't exactly lose a lot...
The same was said when they got TO. There's nothing I would love more than them being labeled SB champions and then fall apart (see NE), but I'd rather not have to entertain that possibiliity.

- Sean Taylor

Old 02-27-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
The same was said when they got TO. There's nothing I would love more than them being labeled SB champions and then fall apart (see NE), but I'd rather not have to entertain that possibiliity.
but there'd be two of them if this happens... maybe even 3! C'mon!

Old 02-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Chief

Quote:
I would love for (Randy) Moss to go to dallass personally.

can you picture him and TO fighting over who sits closer to romo...

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Old 02-28-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
but there'd be two of them if this happens... maybe even 3! C'mon!
Haha... what the... alright! Lol...

Anyway, it seems that Moss is staying in NE

- Sean Taylor

Old 02-28-2008, 06:19 AM

Quote:
No way for me. Some people here were very "happy" when the Cowboys got TO because the team was going to ridiculously implode. That hasn't happened, and he has been very nice down there, I don't think anybody in Dallas regrets the decision. I certainly don't want Moss along him, plus Crayton and Witten.
What have they won with TO? Certainly not a playoff game... Sure they took the division rather easily this year, but they choked when it mattered.

Is it TOs fault? No, I couldn't say that... But I could say that they would benefit from better character guys. Look at how the Giants pulled off "addition by subtraction" without Shockey.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
PUH-LEASE. Moss is probably the single most physocally gifted, but until last year, I never got the feeling that he worked hard. Even last year isn't proof of hard work, but might be more of a function of playing with Brady and that O-line.

And TO is again very physically gifted (less so than Moss IMO), but he is just a hair short of certifiably NUTS in my opinion.

Frankly and HONESTLY, I'd love to see those two nutballs on the same team b/c indivually they are ego maniacal distrations... Together they would be the pstcho ward equivalent to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
PUH-LEASE nothing..... look at the numbers. They are 2 of the best receivers of all time. No where did i say they were the hardest working players. And no where did i say they werent crazy( i wouldnt call Clinton Portis very sane either so that example can go out the window). But who cares. Id take either one on the Redskins. Joe Gibbs bringing in character guys got us 2 playoff apperances(1 first round exit and 1 second round exit). Not exactly a good 2nd time around. I could care less how they act as long as they produce on the field. Here's 2 links for you. Notice whos names are on both lists.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ving-yards.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...eiving-tds.htm

Old 02-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquared View Post
PUH-LEASE nothing..... look at the numbers. They are 2 of the best receivers of all time. No where did i say they were the hardest working players. And no where did i say they werent crazy( i wouldnt call Clinton Portis very sane either so that example can go out the window). But who cares. Id take either one on the Redskins. Joe Gibbs bringing in character guys got us 2 playoff apperances(1 first round exit and 1 second round exit). Not exactly a good 2nd time around. I could care less how they act as long as they produce on the field. Here's 2 links for you. Notice whos names are on both lists.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ving-yards.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...eiving-tds.htm
unfortunately crazy manifests itself in different ways.. we got the poor performance model in lloyd..

Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Ghost Dancer

I would actually call TO one of the harder working receivers in the game. He takes painstaking care of his body and his wokout regimene is well doumented. He's a total nut job, but you don't see him loafing and he's in remarkable athletic shape.

I don't want Moss anywhere near Dallas unless he's playing against the Cowboys. Who the hell would teams guard? That would have to be one fo the greatest offenses of all time, ego or not. Certainly not a good thing for us.

Make the argument about them not winning playoff games all you want, but they are a barrier to the division title, which is where we need to be if we want to go anywhere ourselves.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Sagamore

I read a rumor today that Randy Moss (who has been frustrated and angry from birth) is getting frustrated at the Pats for not offering him mo' money. Rumor states he might end up in Green Bay. This would encourage the old and testy Brett Favre to stay for another year, so it would make sense for the Pack to offer Randy a nice fat contract.