Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

NFL live had Redskins state of franchise
Old 03-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Runner

Default NFL live had Redskins state of franchise

Trey Wingo, Mark Slariff, & Shawne Merriman had a conversation about the state of the Redskins. However, it was not a positive talk but who cares what mark says because he is a redskin hater anyway...... Mark stated that we were going to be last in the NFC.

Someone needs to tell Mark that he got his first ring with the BG & if he feels different then let him just say he played his entire career with DENVER.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Ghost Dancer

You watch NFL live?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Papoose

Who cares what any of these "so called experts" think. We all know they are quick to trash a team, but quick to jump on the bandwagon too. They can say anything right now, no team is set, FA is over and we haven't even had the draft yet.

I hope the skins get no lvoe from any of these guys. That way they play with that little chip on their shoulder, and I love watching these idiots change their opinions on teams all the time, and acted like they were always on the bandwagon.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Sentinel

well, what was said other than we will be last in the NFC (which is impossible with arizona, detroit and the 49ers still looming)?

Stink can have his opinion. hes one of the few analysts at espn that i respect their opinion. but the likelyhood of anyone be absolutely correct about the "state of anyones francise" is slim to none on march 11th. sounds more like they had nothing else to talk about with a slow free agency period...

Old 03-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Shaman

I've never liked his takes, he dumped mercilessly on Gibbs, and gave the Skins no shot most of the season yet he springs into Skins aren't bad mode once we make the playoffs. Every off season he just kills us, he picked us last the year before we went 11-5 and he's doing it now.

I think one thing you can count on from analyst or experts is this they are wrong frequently.

Never ever wager based on their info .

I won't know where we are until after the draft. We haven't lost ground in my mind from the playoff level because we got a new coach. I think we're somewhere in the mix.

I'm not down on Zorn at all. I think it could work. Considering all the other options we were throwing around.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Brave

Teams who's bandwagon they were probably on last year at this time:
San Francisco
St. Louis
Chicago
NY Jets
Baltimore
New Orleans

Skins might be better off

Old 03-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Ghost Dancer

ehh, you can see how logical there point is. new first time coach, new first time OC, JC and oline coming off injury, defense is down a little with injuries. you can see there logic, but we already know this info, i can't wait til we pull a New Orleans job and make and win the NFC championship

Old 03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Hunter

I am not worried about the critics. Who in the hell would have thought the NY Giants were going to win the SuperBowl this time last year?

WE play in a league where if you get into the playoffs anything can happen. I never pay attention to the critics.

You Will Not Be Forgotten #21

Old 03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
I've never liked his takes, he dumped mercilessly on Gibbs, and gave the Skins no shot most of the season yet he springs into Skins aren't bad mode once we make the playoffs. Every off season he just kills us, he picked us last the year before we went 11-5 and he's doing it now.

I think one thing you can count on from analyst or experts is this they are wrong frequently.

Never ever wager based on their info .

I won't know where we are until after the draft. We haven't lost ground in my mind from the playoff level because we got a new coach. I think we're somewhere in the mix.

I'm not down on Zorn at all. I think it could work. Considering all the other options we were throwing around.
Huh? we havent won 11 games since we won 14 in 91 when he was part of the team. We have won 10 2 times since then. Man how sad it is to look at our season records since our last Super Bowl.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean36 View Post
Trey Wingo, Mark Slariff, & Shawne Merriman had a conversation about the state of the Redskins. However, it was not a positive talk but who cares what mark says because he is a redskin hater anyway...... Mark stated that we were going to be last in the NFC.

Someone needs to tell Mark that he got his first ring with the BG & if he feels different then let him just say he played his entire career with DENVER.
Mark is probably offended that you spelled his name Slariff, considering it's Schlereth.
A buffalo herd can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo & those are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole because the health of the herd keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. Similarly, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Intake of alcohol, killing the slowest & weakest brain cells first, makes the brain a faster, more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago_skinz_fan View Post
I am not worried about the critics. Who in the hell would have thought the NY Giants were going to win the SuperBowl this time last year?

WE play in a league where if you get into the playoffs anything can happen. I never pay attention to the critics.
The consensus last year was the Giants would finish last in the NFC East and the Jerry Reese was trying to get Caughlin fired. What a difference a year makes.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfanjon View Post
You watch NFL live?
rofl

Old 03-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSkinsFan View Post
Mark is probably offended that you spelled his name Slariff, considering it's Schlereth.
I was just gonna ask who Mark Slariff was.

Let's look at our offseason changes objectively
Old 03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Papoose

Default Let's look at our offseason changes objectively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean36 View Post

In Gibbs 2nd stint, our offense looked the best in the last four games of last season with Collins at QB. This offseason we changed the OC, the entire passing offense and we will start an inexperienced QB who lost several games last year at the end of game due to bad decisions.

Our defense was the most consistent high level unit in 3 or the last 4 years. This offseason we fire the DC, who knows how that change will affect us.

Our Coach Gibbs won because he is a leader who even led our owner to good behavior. This offseason we send the players and fans choice to lead the team packing, we hire a QB coach who has never called a play the NFL level other than his playing experience to be our OC then our HC.

I am hoping for the SB but expect at best 8-8.

There is hope.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Buck

Talking There is hope.

Though Gibbs did do much through leadership, the tragedy of Sean Taylor galvanized the team. Looking to the future we have some good things to consider:

- Blache is managing the Defense and there is not a great change. He also is highlighting the need for lineman.

- We are not going crazy in free agency. We get Hackett or another wideout and then we rely on the draft for D line and Offensive line help. We may add a corner or even a safety. We actually have draft choices.

- We did get rid of Brunell, Lloyd, and other non producers, but there is no major upheaval with the players.

- Zorn and some of the staff are new, but they have professional football backgrounds. This should not be Spurrier 2. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but he still has some of the veteran assistants from Gibbs.

- Zorn is strong on developing QB's and that should help Campbell. Also, Campbell did well in his senior year in the West coast offense.

- The Eagles still have concerns at QB, The Giants should have the Super Bowl letdown, and Dallas seems to choke in the playoffs.

My friends there is hope. I think the Skins can have a better season with a new coach and simpler offense.

The Maddog is back!

Last edited by MadDog97 : 03-11-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Grammar