Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Sports Fan Forums > Sioux General Sports Tribe

Old 06-20-2009, 04:52 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
Wonderful goal by David Villa. If he's playing on one of the front line teams he would be in AKH's franchise player list, or at least he should be. Just a great player who doesn't get enough credit as one of the best in the world.
He has been linked to the top 4 teams in the EPL over the past four years. he is highly rated over here. Even Spurs got well into negotiations for a reported 31m fee before we signed Berbatov but valencia reeled back

Old 06-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
Wonderful goal by David Villa. If he's playing on one of the front line teams he would be in AKH's franchise player list, or at least he should be. Just a great player who doesn't get enough credit as one of the best in the world.
Hey, that's MY list!

And by the way, it wasn't a "franchise" player list, it was a list of the very very few players who are, right now, the best in the world. Villa is phenomenal, but you can't tell me he's as good as Ronaldo or Messi. I'd put him just under the top 4 or 5 in the world. Definitely top 10-15.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
Hey, that's MY list!

And by the way, it wasn't a "franchise" player list, it was a list of the very very few players who are, right now, the best in the world. Villa is phenomenal, but you can't tell me he's as good as Ronaldo or Messi. I'd put him just under the top 4 or 5 in the world. Definitely top 10-15.
I think if he plays for Barcelona or Man Utd he'd be just as good.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Chief Moderator

I think Villa is fantastic and I think he would be amazing along side his buddy Torres at Anfield. Gillette just sold the Montreal Canadians, so hopefully they are better off financially to get into the bidding war for Villa. He is definitely top 10, IMO. If he ends up at ManU, I'll be pissed.

Speaking of Spain; they are clearly the best team in the world. They have looked great during the Confederations Cup and that was without Iniesta. Their mid-field is freakin mythical. Xavi, Alonso, Febregas and Iniesta is sick. I'll be very surprised if they don't make the WC finals.

In other news, I cancelled Setanta Sports. They are almost done. Lets hope ESPN jumps in and gets some of those broadcasting rights...

Old 06-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
I think Villa is fantastic and I think he would be amazing along side his buddy Torres at Anfield. Gillette just sold the Montreal Canadians, so hopefully they are better off financially to get into the bidding war for Villa. He is definitely top 10, IMO. If he ends up at ManU, I'll be pissed.
From the news here, they talk more abut selling torres than buying villa... Liverpool doesn't have the same financial means as ManU, ManC, Chelski or even Arsenal...
But it could be worse, yu could be following Roma or Paris...

Old 06-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Chief

Quote:

Speaking of Spain; they are clearly the best team in the world. They have looked great during the Confederations Cup and that was without Iniesta. Their mid-field is freakin mythical. Xavi, Alonso, Febregas and Iniesta is sick. I'll be very surprised if they don't make the WC finals.

In other news, I cancelled Setanta Sports. They are almost done. Lets hope ESPN jumps in and gets some of those broadcasting rights...
You don't want to watch the likes of Stoke and Sunderland on FSC?

Old 06-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Chief Moderator

Very good news coming out of Anfield....

Link

Quote:
Liverpool FC confirmed this evening that they had reached an agreement with Portsmouth Football Club and with Glen Johnson for the transfer of the player to Anfield.
I'm been hoping for an upgrade to the defense and Glen Johnson will be just that. Chelsea matched Liverpool's offer and Portsmouth allowed Johnson to pick his squad. It feels good to win this one....

Now, if they can just escape without losing Alonso and/or Mascher, I'll be happy. If they can get another forward to pair with Torres, I'll be even happier...

Old 07-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Chief Moderator

A few final shots at CR...

Old 07-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Chief

Quote:
A few final shots at CR...

That's ok, I'll take the hardware he accumilated.