Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Why I Refuse to Get Worked Up...
Old 11-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Ghost Dancer

Default Why I Refuse to Get Worked Up...

over this loss... And this isn't one of those, we needed this loss IMO, posts. That's just retarded. We don't need ANY loss.

1) The Steelers are a good team… I don’t think you can definitively say they are better than Washington or they’d win if we played at a different date/time. Still, there’s no shame in losing a tough physical match-up. There’s a lot of chances for us to win the game and luck was with the Steelers Monday. We’ve proven we can beat good teams, but nobody wins every game against tough opponents.
2) It was an AFC-NFC match-up… Thus, it does not affect tie-breakers. Unless you think the Giants are a 15-1 or 14-2 team, we still can get the division title. You can’t expect Washington to win every single game and we’re still on pace for a solid 11-5 season or somewhere about there, which should be enough for at least a wildcard.
3) The schedule gets easier… We won on the road in the division and if we can go 6-2 in the first half of the season, which was widely considered one of the most difficult stretches for a team in recent memory, we can definitely keep this train rolling and surge into the playoffs. Now we get our division foes coming to our house, when we won in theirs and the offense will be getting better as the players get more and more comfortable with the system.
4) We were EXTREMELY tired… You can’t play football almost every day for 4 months straight and not be tired. The Steelers were rested, having taken their bye week not too long ago and you could see it in the Redskins’ eyes, they were just simply exhausted. We may have been able to pull one out against a lesser opponent, but not against a premiere team. Zorn did the extremely smart thing and tell them to get lost for their week off and they deserve it. They’ll come back and those nagging injuries that slowed players down a step will be gone and we’ll hit the rest of the season at full stride.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Hunter

I'm not going to get worked up because I have faith in Jim Zorn to make the adjustments necessary to move on. He's proven throughout the first half of the season that he is willing and able to learn from his mistakes. Heck, he's downright eager to figure out what's not working and correct it. I love his methodical approach, and although he occasionally makes decisions I don't agree with, on the whole he has earned my respect and admiration. An extra week of analysis is all this guy needs to exploit the second half of the season.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrabanmaur View Post
I'm not going to get worked up because I have faith in Jim Zorn to make the adjustments necessary to move on. He's proven throughout the first half of the season that he is willing and able to learn from his mistakes. Heck, he's downright eager to figure out what's not working and correct it. I love his methodical approach, and although he occasionally makes decisions I don't agree with, on the whole he has earned my respect and admiration. An extra week of analysis is all this guy needs to exploit the second half of the season.
very well said.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:21 AM

I love Zorn so far, and I have faith that we'll turn it around so I completely agree with the premise of the thread...

Can you smell a butt coming?

This was NOT the first game where the problems showed themselves, and the Redskins haven't played a great game since beating Pilthy on the road down 14. So I am putting all my faith chips into the pot for the next game... If we don't get the ship righted going into a HOME game against a hated rival after a bye... I could see us missing the playoffs.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak
I love Zorn so far, and I have faith that we'll turn it around so I completely agree with the premise of the thread...

Can you smell a butt coming?

This was NOT the first game where the problems showed themselves, and the Redskins haven't played a great game since beating Pilthy on the road down 14. So I am putting all my faith chips into the pot for the next game... If we don't get the ship righted going into a HOME game against a hated rival after a bye... I could see us missing the playoffs.
I don't mind you offering a "but." Just keep your smelly "butt" to yourself.

Yes, the Redskins have problems, and in fact, you could go back and look over the last several seasons and see that similar mid-season slump with our team. I don't know what that psychological slump is all about. The difference this year is that we didn't drop 4-5 games, only 2 (and one was against a legitimate contender). BUT, you're right. If we come out floundering against the Cowboys, who are on desperation row, we'll need a major turnaround to push for the playoffs.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:46 AM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

My concern is they haven't played a good game since Philly. They can't claim to be tired the whole time.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrabanmaur View Post
I don't mind you offering a "but." Just keep your smelly "butt" to yourself.

Yes, the Redskins have problems, and in fact, you could go back and look over the last several seasons and see that similar mid-season slump with our team. I don't know what that psychological slump is all about. The difference this year is that we didn't drop 4-5 games, only 2 (and one was against a legitimate contender). BUT, you're right. If we come out floundering against the Cowboys, who are on desperation row, we'll need a major turnaround to push for the playoffs.
That's the thing, I can't think of a single team in history (other than the 72 Dolphins) that didn't experience a slump of some type. The difference between top tier teams and the rest of the pack is during the slump, top tier teams find ways to win most of their games. We have won most of our games despite not playing to our potential.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Great Spirit

My concern is health of Nos. 60 and 89. If those two are hobbled the rest of the way it could be a very rough final 7 games.

And this Dallas game is HUGE. I like going to Seattle with a realistic shot at being 8-3 when the Giants come to town. If the Skins beat Dallas everything is still alive.

The thought of going to Baltimore at 7-5 makes me ill.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Ghost Dancer

89, I think, will be fine. Hammies are something that don't require much attention to go away. 60 is very concerning though. Hopefully a week of rest will allow him to make it through the season.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk157 View Post
89, I think, will be fine. Hammies are something that don't require much attention to go away. 60 is very concerning though. Hopefully a week of rest will allow him to make it through the season.
Hammies are a big issue. Especially with a WR like Moss. They are very troublesome and can hang around for a long time.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquared View Post
Hammies are a big issue. Especially with a WR like Moss. They are very troublesome and can hang around for a long time.
That was my thinking. Either Moss needs to get healthy in the next two weeks or Devin Thomas needs to grow up in a hurry. The Skins have to have that deep threat to open things up for Portis.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Chief

Firehawk you're right on all accounts, but during the bye week they need to see if the team from weeks 4 and 5 is hiding in the building somewhere cause i sure do miss them. We haven't seen them for a month and a half.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:29 AM

I refuse to get worked up unless we get mathematically eliminated from post season contention. All I know is that this bye week is most certainly coming at a great, great time.

~R.I.P Sean Taylor 1983-2007~

Old 11-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Healer

I agree with you, Firehawk. If anything I would much rather have the Rams game back, an NFC matchup, rather than worry too much about the Steelers loss. As nauseating as it was to see us get physically beat, its one game and one loss and if we get the ship righted, no harm done other than a non--conference "L" in the record book.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatsnack View Post
I agree with you, Firehawk. If anything I would much rather have the Rams game back, an NFC matchup, rather than worry too much about the Steelers loss. As nauseating as it was to see us get physically beat, its one game and one loss and if we get the ship righted, no harm done other than a non--conference "L" in the record book.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. That Rams loss seems a whole lot bigger now.....

~R.I.P Sean Taylor 1983-2007~