Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

This team sucks
Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Sachem

Default This team sucks

Anyone Hear Frank Hanrahan's Bit this Morning on 980?

I don't have a link b/c it was on the radio about 90 minutes ago but apparently Portis went to Zorn and Stump to petition for 1500 yards. He wanted to reach that personal milestone and apparently the organization all backed him. If you didn't notice he got 29 carries and barely left the game yesterday as Betts got ONE. So it appears that Portis is able to to sustain the entire game as long as the prize is big enough, ugh.

I know how I feel about this. It's BS. This is some serious loserball we got here in DC. WTF would the organization, the head coach, or even a coordinator get behind a guy who wants to reach a personal milestone when the team has been eliminated from playoff contention? Why, so a year from now when Snyderrato is in another salary cap bind and they go to their 30-something back to ask him to restructure yet again he can say, "Well remember I ran for 1,500 as recently as '08, that wasn't even a good team, we didn't even make the playoffs that year."

I'm officially off all bandwagons until there's a decent reason to cheer for any member of this sad, pathetic excuse for a team. As far as CP goes I have stuck up for him time and time again. But you know, a man's heart and true intentions can only be called into question so many times before one realizes there must be some truth there. (Cliche warning) Where there's smoke there's fire.

Riggo said it best, Zorn should have kicked Portis out of his office while yelling "how the hell do you think you have the right to ask for that after you called me a genius just two weeks ago?"

IF this personal milestone was so important to CP even considering the season we had he should have kept it between himself, his line, and possibly Betts. That's IT!

I'm embarrassed. I sat at a bar while Cowboys, Eagles and Giants fans all cheered for their teams playoff hopes in week 17 as it should be. Our 8-8 record is a farce. We are far from a competitive or even real team right now. Blow it all up and start over. Cut the whole bunch of 'em and play scabs next year. I don't see the need to keep anyone outside of the crew below right now and even some of these guys could go for all I care. Bunch of pathetic losers.

Keepers:
Campbell
Cooley
Kelly
Thomas
Davis
Heyer
Rinehart
Samuels
Golston
Evans
McIntosh
Fletcher
Rogers
Hall
Landry
Horton

This is nothing more than a hunch but I think Malcolm Kelly will be a star in this league. (post 2008 draft prediction)

Old 12-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Comanchero

Portis is a good RB but he is not a leader. We will never win a Super Bowl with Portis IMO.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Chief

Most of our leaders are me first guys.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Warrior

I would give Zorn another year and see what he can do. If they still suck than blow it up and start over. Oh and last I heard pro football is a TEAM game and that's what Zorn should have told Portis.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Chief Moderator

All things considered, this really doesn't bother me that much; especialy considering how well this team succeeds when they give Portis the rock early and often in games.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Chief

wasnt it portis that gave them momentum after that fumble.....maybe he was trying real hard to out play frank gore...

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 AM
2009/10 hR NFL Pick'em Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
All things considered, this really doesn't bother me that much; especialy considering how well this team succeeds when they give Portis the rock early and often in games.
second that. But also, doesnt bother me, b/c this team had nothing to play for anyway, so go for it. I'd much rather see Portis run than Betts.

Whats up AliBabba.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Chief

did he say how upset he was that his fumble gave them life....what a team player......he's been a baller this year but you gotta admit,he's been a huge distraction this year as well.

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....

Amen

-Eric

Old 12-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin4ever View Post
second that. But also, doesnt bother me, b/c this team had nothing to play for anyway, so go for it. I'd much rather see Portis run than Betts.

Whats up AliBabba.
remember zorn was a genious

Amen

-Eric

Old 12-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Sachem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
Quote:
Doesn't bother you guys that Portis is able to stay on the field for virtually the entire game in a "nothing to play for game" week 17? Even though he's worn down ever year as the year goes on? Even though he needs to leave the field during divisional and must-win games?

I see it as a guy who can be selectively motivated and those factors are not in line with what wins championships. He's part of the problem and that I care about. He had as much to do with yesterday's loss and the season's collapse as anyone yet he cares enough to go to the coach to ask for more PT to reach a personal milestone. The same guy who on several occasions this year couldn't make it to see the coach for team matters and instead aired his laundry to the press. Clinton Portis is no leader and no winner.

Quote:
Whats up AliBabba.
What up man, thanks for hosting the fight on Saturday

EDIT: I went to this guy's place to watch the UFC fights this weekend. I went on a rant about Blache should be castrated and such and he says, "This all sounds familiar, so what name do you post under on hailredskins.com?" Obviously neither of us new the other posted here before then, LMAO

This is nothing more than a hunch but I think Malcolm Kelly will be a star in this league. (post 2008 draft prediction)

Last edited by AliBabba : 12-29-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Great Spirit

We should be giving Portis 30 carries a game anyway. I'm not really bothered by this.

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi

Old 12-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Sachem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATrueRedskin View Post
We should be giving Portis 30 carries a game anyway. I'm not really bothered by this.
Except he may not take 'em all without a carrot you can dangle in front of him

Old 12-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliBabba View Post
Doesn't bother you guys that Portis is able to stay on the field for virtually the entire game in a "nothing to play for game" week 17? Even though he's worn down ever year as the year goes on? Even though he needs to leave the field during divisional and must-win games?

I see it as a guy who can be selectively motivated and those factors are not in line with what wins championships. He's part of the problem and that I care about. He had as much to do with yesterday's loss and the season's collapse as anyone yet he cares enough to go to the coach to ask for more PT to reach a personal milestone. The same guy who on several occasions this year couldn't make it to see the coach for team matters and instead aired his laundry to the press. Clinton Portis is no leader and no winner.

What up man, thanks for hosting the fight on Saturday

EDIT: I went to this guy's place to watch the UFC fights this weekend. I went on a rant about Blache should be castrated and such and he says, "This all sounds familiar, so what name do you post under on hailredskins.com?" Obviously neither of us new the other posted here before then, LMAO
Ha! That's awesome. Glad you guys got a chance to hang out.

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi

Old 12-29-2008, 10:01 AM
2009/10 hR NFL Pick'em Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliBabba View Post

I think Zorn made it very clear that Portis will not leave the field or get on the field unless the Coaches tell him to. Portis went to the coaches in a pointless game(no playoffs) and asked and they obliged. I think had it been a meaningful game, i dont think that 1) portis would have asked and 2) that the coaches would have obliged. We all know who portis is and was before we brought him here. He has done a lot and plays with heart. Thats it. If all of the guys on our team played with as much heart as him, we may have won a championship by now. He may not be a leader by his actions off the field(airing laundry) but on Sunday, he runs as hard as he can and thats all i can ask of him.

As for the fight, it was pretty funny. Had a good time too.

Last edited by skin4ever : 12-29-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:03 AM

How does this differ from Peyton Manning playing in a meaningless game for a series so that he can get to the 4,000 yard mark for the 9th season in a row? Because his team is in the playoffs? So what. With the way Portis gutted it out through injuries in order to give this team the best chance to win, Zorn or any coach should want to get him to the 1,500 yard milestone.

It's not as if we have some young potential stud RB on the team that we needed to get a look at. We cut him in August and it's not like we don't know what type of player we have in Betts.

There are far bigger things about this team to get upset with.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.