Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Sachem

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin4ever View Post
I think Zorn made it very clear that Portis will not leave the field or get on the field unless the Coaches tell him to. Portis went to the coaches in a pointless game(no playoffs) and asked and they obliged. I think had it been a meaningful game, i dont think that 1) portis would have asked and 2) that the coaches would have obliged. We all know who portis is and was before we brought him here. He has done a lot and plays with heart. Thats it. If all of the guys on our team played with as much heart as him, we may have won a championship by now. He may not be a leader by his actions off the field(airing laundry) but on Sunday, he runs as hard as he can and thats all i can ask of him.

As for the fight, it was pretty funny. Had a good time too.
There's alot of truth in what you say but this was the cherry that topped the $h**pie that was this season for me.

As long as Portis is looked to as a leader for this team or offense we're in trouble though. We need several more London Fletcher's to balance his, Tanaman's and other' me-first attitude imo

This is nothing more than a hunch but I think Malcolm Kelly will be a star in this league. (post 2008 draft prediction)

Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliBabba View Post
Keepers:
Campbell
Cooley
Kelly
Thomas
Davis
Heyer
Rinehart
Samuels
Golston
Evans
McIntosh
Fletcher
Rogers
Hall
Landry
Horton
You wouldn't keep Mike Sellers? And which Thomas are you referring to here, Randy or Devin?

Personally, I think the lines should be blown up but the rest of the team should largely stay in tact minus WLB.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Sachem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibleedburgundy View Post
You wouldn't keep Mike Sellers? And which Thomas are you referring to here, Randy or Devin?

Personally, I think the lines should be blown up but the rest of the team should largely stay in tact minus WLB.
Sorry, Sellers should have been on the list and I meant Devin.

Buh-bye Randy, we're not gonna be good enough soon enough to need ya.

This is nothing more than a hunch but I think Malcolm Kelly will be a star in this league. (post 2008 draft prediction)

Old 12-29-2008, 10:08 AM
2009/10 hR NFL Pick'em Champ

Quote:
There's alot of truth in what you say but this was the cherry that topped the $h**pie that was this season for me.

As long as Portis is looked to as a leader for this team or offense we're in trouble though. We need several more London Fletcher's to balance his, Tanaman's and other' me-first attitude imo
Thats a problem for this team. They cant look to Campbell to be that leader. Hes not good enough to win games for the team and carry the team on his shoulders, so someone else has to be looked at. And for better or worse, Portis is that guy.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Banned

I have to say that this particular instance doesn't really bother me in that the game was meaningless, Portis went to the coach to ask and Zorn agreed because it was continuing the steps to mend that relationship.

That said, I do think Portis is a me-first guy and I would not have a problem if we could trade him and get a solid group of draft choices like Herschel Walker and Ricky Williams brought in when they were traded. Portis is not a "team" leader, more of a "me" leader. And he can take Moss with him.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Ghost Dancer

Meh, I've come to terms with CP being a selfish, me first player, for awhile now. He's not a team leader and I really don't think (at least I hope) that the players in the locker room look at him like one.

That is why there wasn't a big stink made about the 'genius' comment (which I still think was a pretty big insult). It is just "Clinton being Clinton."

The worst part is, what is Zorn suppose to do? If he does the right thing (like ask him what the hell he's doing putting himself before the team), CP goes on the radio and bitches about Zorn. Then Snyder sides with the RB and Zorn goes to the dog house.

I hate this organization.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Spirit

game was meaningless,this may even be false. would you rather see betts carry the ball. i say you trade betts for whatever and sign sproles and let him return kicks and play scat back.then portis=power runner,sproles=speed

Old 12-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Chief

Quote:
Thats a problem for this team. They cant look to Campbell to be that leader. Hes not good enough to win games for the team and carry the team on his shoulders, so someone else has to be looked at. And for better or worse, Portis is that guy.
Maybe, maybe not. Eli didn't become the leader until Tiki was gone. He became an even bigger leader when Shockey was gone.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsfaninNJ View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Eli didn't become the leader until Tiki was gone. He became an even bigger leader when Shockey was gone.
This is an interesting remark I think...

Old 12-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Scalper

Quote:
If the D showed up for the game yesterday, JC would've won this game for us... singlehandedly. He carried the entire team yesterday. We couldn't make him play DE or CB. Sorry

Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethefan View Post
wasnt it portis that gave them momentum after that fumble.....maybe he was trying real hard to out play frank gore...
he killed his team yesterday.. no question about that

Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Sachem

At least Portis himself thinks its funny....

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...e_quest_f.html

Old 12-29-2008, 11:03 AM
2009/10 hR NFL Pick'em Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueOracle View Post
If the D showed up for the game yesterday, JC would've won this game for us... singlehandedly. He carried the entire team yesterday. We couldn't make him play DE or CB. Sorry
Yeah, 18 of 30 for 156 yards and 1 TD would have won us the game single handedly. Sure. I will give him credit he stepped up yesterday, but i saw much of the same QB we've seen all season long, except that he ran the ball a lot more. Same bad throws, same play-action deep pass look and no throw, staring down his 1st read WR and if hes not open, busted play.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Sachem

Quote:
Yeah, 18 of 30 for 156 yards and 1 TD would have won us the game single handedly. Sure. I will give him credit he stepped up yesterday, but i saw much of the same QB we've seen all season long, except that he ran the ball a lot more. Same bad throws, same play-action deep pass look and no throw, staring down his 1st read WR and if hes not open, busted play.
And a running TD and at least 50 yards passing in undroppable drops

Old 12-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
At least Portis himself thinks its funny....

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...e_quest_f.html
Video of quoted transcript: http://redskins.com/gen/index.jsp

Doesn't make me feel any better.