Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #31  
Old 02-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Red Bear Red Bear is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 3,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post
Doubt it matters the entire staff will likely be turned over in 2010 anyway...
and what if it isnt?
Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 02-07-2009, 01:40 PM
shally's Avatar
shally shally is offline
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new orleans, now the palm springs of washington
Posts: 59,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
and what if it isnt?
we are a sub .500 until it happens...
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 02-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Red Bear Red Bear is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 3,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
we are a sub .500 until it happens...
see, youre not even giving the team a chance. every season is different. we could come out and go 13-3 next season just as easily as we can come out and go 3-13. you dont know anymore than miss cleo what is going to happen in the next few seasons. i see more or as many players making errors(dropped balls, missed tackles, bad throws to open players, etc) as i do coaching errors. i think its unfair to place full blame on coaching as to what our record is at the end of the season. if a play is executed properly and could lead to a big play or even just a first down and the receiver drops a pass it is not coaching. its just a lot easier to replace coaches than a team of players. youre trying to portray your opinion as fact
Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 02-07-2009, 08:42 PM
shally's Avatar
shally shally is offline
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new orleans, now the palm springs of washington
Posts: 59,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
see, youre not even giving the team a chance. every season is different. we could come out and go 13-3 next season just as easily as we can come out and go 3-13. you dont know anymore than miss cleo what is going to happen in the next few seasons. i see more or as many players making errors(dropped balls, missed tackles, bad throws to open players, etc) as i do coaching errors. i think its unfair to place full blame on coaching as to what our record is at the end of the season. if a play is executed properly and could lead to a big play or even just a first down and the receiver drops a pass it is not coaching. its just a lot easier to replace coaches than a team of players. youre trying to portray your opinion as fact
you are, of course, correct...BUT.. if we have the same players, same coaches, same schemes, same front office -- only everyone is a year older-- then tell me why you expect to see a different result ?

we will add maybe 5-10 new faces on the team for next year..i dont really expect any significant free agents. maybe at best a few middle tier guys who will work their butts off... impact from the draft ?? how much impact from the draft did we see last year ??

it is MY opinion.. and it has always been put forth as OPINION.. i am just telling you that from my perspective of having been a fan of this team for a whole lot of years, i dont see the stars aligning for this team next year.. and that isnt even taking into account the unexpected such as injuries...and i refuse to buy into vacuous optimism just because i am a fan of the team.

as it stands now, this is a last place team in the nfc east. how many moves can they make to pass even one other team in our division ?
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 PM
hail2skins's Avatar
hail2skins hail2skins is offline
hR Owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 34,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
see, youre not even giving the team a chance. every season is different. we could come out and go 13-3 next season just as easily as we can come out and go 3-13. you dont know anymore than miss cleo what is going to happen in the next few seasons. i see more or as many players making errors(dropped balls, missed tackles, bad throws to open players, etc) as i do coaching errors. i think its unfair to place full blame on coaching as to what our record is at the end of the season. if a play is executed properly and could lead to a big play or even just a first down and the receiver drops a pass it is not coaching. its just a lot easier to replace coaches than a team of players. youre trying to portray your opinion as fact
You need to take those burgundy colored glasses off and accept this team for what it is. It seems you have bought into what is sold from Redskins Park.

Do you think this team is one or two players away from going all the way? Do you see a plan with this team in terms of how it is built? You accept the fact that a team can go 6-2 and then fall flat on their faces? If you answered "YES" to any of those questions, you're enjoying the kool aid.
Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 02-07-2009, 09:32 PM
NCskinsfanatic's Avatar
NCskinsfanatic NCskinsfanatic is offline
Moderator / 3 PEAT [2010-2011-2012] hR Fantasy NBA Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tarboro, North Carolina
Posts: 15,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
and what if it isnt?
Then I'll be estatic because that means Zorns O has progressed with Campbell at the helm and Blache has learned to value a pass rush.
__________________
Jeff Bostic
... on running the 50-gut 9 straight times against the Cowboys

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."
Reply With Quote

  #37  
Old 02-08-2009, 02:48 AM
Red Bear Red Bear is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 3,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
you are, of course, correct...BUT.. if we have the same players, same coaches, same schemes, same front office -- only everyone is a year older-- then tell me why you expect to see a different result ?

we will add maybe 5-10 new faces on the team for next year..i dont really expect any significant free agents. maybe at best a few middle tier guys who will work their butts off... impact from the draft ?? how much impact from the draft did we see last year ??

it is MY opinion.. and it has always been put forth as OPINION.. i am just telling you that from my perspective of having been a fan of this team for a whole lot of years, i dont see the stars aligning for this team next year.. and that isnt even taking into account the unexpected such as injuries...and i refuse to buy into vacuous optimism just because i am a fan of the team.

as it stands now, this is a last place team in the nfc east. how many moves can they make to pass even one other team in our division ?
youre certainly entitled to your opinion, but i dont think all the doom and gloom forecasting is necessary. not that im saying heaping praise upon them is the appropriate thing to do either. its the light and manner in which such things are said as if failure is the only thing that can happen, instead of that theyre actually said. players take time to develop, im not ready to call last years draft a total bust minus horton. i think the rookie contributions from the 07 giants got peoples heads gassed, its rare all players from a draft pan out especially in their first year.

i think we can improve offensively being in the system a 2nd year. and even though we collapsed the second half of last season, i also see the giants and cowboys had collapses as well in our division late in the year. there is ground we can gain.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
You need to take those burgundy colored glasses off and accept this team for what it is. It seems you have bought into what is sold from Redskins Park.

Do you think this team is one or two players away from going all the way? Do you see a plan with this team in terms of how it is built? You accept the fact that a team can go 6-2 and then fall flat on their faces? If you answered "YES" to any of those questions, you're enjoying the kool aid.
its funny how youre completely misreading what ive said. i dont even know if i should address this or keep it moving on. while you falsely accuse me of buying the company line i can just as easily accuse you of buying into the absurd level of negativity that has been unfairly forecasted upon this team. we're not a player or two away, but some people are acting like were the 0-16 lions. ive already acknowledged that this team could possibly fail next season, but at the same time havent shut the door on the fact this team could also improve just as easily as it could fail. im not wearing bng shades, but im also not wearing blinders as to the possibilities...


Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post
Then I'll be estatic because that means Zorns O has progressed with Campbell at the helm and Blache has learned to value a pass rush.
progress is the key word here. it can be made, but many refuse to even acknowledge that its even a possibility at all
Reply With Quote

  #38  
Old 02-08-2009, 11:58 AM
shally's Avatar
shally shally is offline
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new orleans, now the palm springs of washington
Posts: 59,238
Default

fair enough...

let's see what happens next month, and in the draft...
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #39  
Old 02-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Red Bear Red Bear is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 3,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
fair enough...

let's see what happens next month, and in the draft...
i agree with the lets wait and see. if for instance, we go out and draft WRs and RBs while completely ignoring OL, DL, and LB then i'd certainly agree that some of whats been said would be fairly warranted. i just think its a bit premature for some to be saying we havent done nothing to upgrade this offseason when us and every team in the league hasnt had a chance yet...
Reply With Quote

  #40  
Old 02-09-2009, 03:15 PM
colkurtz's Avatar
colkurtz colkurtz is offline
Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dublin, PA
Posts: 9,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
i agree with the lets wait and see. if for instance, we go out and draft WRs and RBs while completely ignoring OL, DL, and LB then i'd certainly agree that some of whats been said would be fairly warranted. i just think its a bit premature for some to be saying we havent done nothing to upgrade this offseason when us and every team in the league hasnt had a chance yet...
I think everyone at hR is hopeful that we will have a great draft and FA selections this year.

However, I, and others here have a pretty pessimistic outlook that with the limited number of draft picks; the messages from Cerrato on the modest amount of FA pickups this season and most of all: WHO IS MAKING THESE SELECTIONS [Snyderrato] - that we just won't get enough talent to offset our loses or the rapid aging of this team in key areas. This team faded badly in the stretch last season and Zorn will not have any honeymoon this year - teams have figured him out.

I predicted an 8-8 or 9-7 season last year. Even before the draft I'm putting us at a 5 or 6 win season. I just don't think Vinny is a good enough judge of talent to keep us from sinking. I hope I'm dead wrong.

Last edited by colkurtz : 02-09-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #41  
Old 02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Red Bear Red Bear is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 3,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkurtz View Post
I think everyone at hR is hopeful that we will have a great draft and FA selections this year.

However, I, and others here have a pretty pessimistic outlook that with the limited number of draft picks; the messages from Cerrato on the modest amount of FA pickups this season and most of all: WHO IS MAKING THESE SELECTIONS [Snyderrato] - that we just won't get enough talent to offset our loses or the rapid aging of this team in key areas. This team faded badly in the stretch last season and Zorn will not have any honeymoon this year - teams have figured him out.

I predicted an 8-8 or 9-7 season last year. Even before the draft I'm putting us at a 5 or 6 win season. I just don't think Vinny is a good enough judge of talent to keep us from sinking. I hope I'm dead wrong.
its one thing to have a pessimistic outlook, its another to completely discount EVERYTHING this team does and will do in the future.
Reply With Quote

  #42  
Old 02-10-2009, 06:54 AM
firehawk157's Avatar
firehawk157 firehawk157 is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,450
Default

As bad as Vinny has proved to be, we're judging the 2008 draft class to harshly and rashly... Devin Thomas was actually showing signs of putting it all together and I think Fred Davis can really be the yin to Cooley's yang. I think the Chad Rinehart thing was a smokescreen (like Akh pointed out elsewhere, PFT was reporting at the end of the season that the coaches actually liked Rinehart's potential). Of course, Kareem Moore is coming on and can really be a great FS when he reads the play quicker and we all know Horton is pretty good. Brooks and Tryon both look to be out and out busts.
__________________
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain ... Time to roll the dice."
Reply With Quote

  #43  
Old 02-10-2009, 10:19 AM
SkinsfaninNJ's Avatar
SkinsfaninNJ SkinsfaninNJ is offline
Chief
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West Caldwell, NJ
Posts: 7,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk157 View Post
As bad as Vinny has proved to be, we're judging the 2008 draft class to harshly and rashly... Devin Thomas was actually showing signs of putting it all together and I think Fred Davis can really be the yin to Cooley's yang. I think the Chad Rinehart thing was a smokescreen (like Akh pointed out elsewhere, PFT was reporting at the end of the season that the coaches actually liked Rinehart's potential). Of course, Kareem Moore is coming on and can really be a great FS when he reads the play quicker and we all know Horton is pretty good. Brooks and Tryon both look to be out and out busts.
If things you speak of in this post come true, then Red Bear is correct. If the 2008 class improves and Campbell continues his steady improvement as a QB and we avoid major injuries, this team could have a very good year. It is a significant amount of "ifs", but the possibility is there.
__________________
Leaders aren't born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work.
Reply With Quote

  #44  
Old 02-10-2009, 10:39 AM
shally's Avatar
shally shally is offline
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new orleans, now the palm springs of washington
Posts: 59,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsfaninNJ View Post
If things you speak of in this post come true, then Red Bear is correct. If the 2008 class improves and Campbell continues his steady improvement as a QB and we avoid major injuries, this team could have a very good year. It is a significant amount of "ifs", but the possibility is there.
and if my aunt had a set of cojones , she would be my uncle... let's stay grounded in reality

this is a team with a lot of holes that is aging. we dont have a lot of picks to work with so we are going to have to hit every one of them and hope for significant improvement in just about every key young player to show any improvement on a team level...
that is a very tall order for a front office and coaching staff that hasnt exactly distinguished itself to this point...
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #45  
Old 02-10-2009, 11:21 AM
firehawk157's Avatar
firehawk157 firehawk157 is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsfaninNJ View Post
If things you speak of in this post come true, then Red Bear is correct. If the 2008 class improves and Campbell continues his steady improvement as a QB and we avoid major injuries, this team could have a very good year. It is a significant amount of "ifs", but the possibility is there.
I wasn't referring to the ability of the team to go far next year. Not at all. I'm just saying that most people are already throwing the towel in on the 2008 draft class and that's just flawed thinking.
__________________
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain ... Time to roll the dice."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |