Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > The hR Washington DC Sports Forum > Caps, Nats, and Bullets!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Warrior

Caps lose in OT. Wow, what a game. The officiating was suspect, as previously mentioned. But, I don't know. I'm just not disappointed. It looks like the team needs Jose in the net for a while. Varly pretty much gave up the go-ahead goal in the 2nd period with a silly mistake. Jose looked better tonight and looked good in game 1. Crazy game. This team is going to be great, I can tell. I think we win this one if Jose started, so I'm ready to hop on that bandwagon for a while.

Amazing game. Wish we had won, but still a real treat to watch.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:24 AM

First of eight goes to Philly ....too bad but I'm looking forward to when they come here.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:44 PM
hR Owner

Well, that sucked. 4-3 loss to the Rangers. When we went up 3-2 in the 3rd period I thought it may be over. 18 seconds later they tied it up. lol

Our defense has to help out our goalies.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:18 PM

Is the defense the problem or the goalies? I haven't been able to watch any of the games yet. I've been hearing/reading about the "embarrassment of wealth" the Caps have of defenders and wondering where the problem is. I don't think Theo or Varlamov are top ten goalies and no matter how good this team is, they simply won't win a cup with mid tier net-minders. If they are so stacked at some other places, I wonder if they can trade for an upper tier goalie at some point. Heck, could they get Olie back?

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross

Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich View Post
Is the defense the problem or the goalies? I haven't been able to watch any of the games yet. I've been hearing/reading about the "embarrassment of wealth" the Caps have of defenders and wondering where the problem is. I don't think Theo or Varlamov are top ten goalies and no matter how good this team is, they simply won't win a cup with mid tier net-minders. If they are so stacked at some other places, I wonder if they can trade for an upper tier goalie at some point. Heck, could they get Olie back?
Eeeeh, the goalies have definitely made a few bad mistakes. We beat Philly in regulation if Varly doesn't make a big mental error. We take the Rangers to OT if Theodore doesn't let a soft one through. In fairness to Theo, though, he made a few absolutely outstanding saves tonight and is probably the best man to start right now.

We need to play our BEST defenders every game. That sounds like common sense, right? Well, Jurcina has been playing very well, but he was a healthy scratch tonight because BB wanted to get everyone some ice time and keep a rotation going. No more of that.

Varlamov isn't mentally ready to be the full-time starter, and in all likelihood we've seen the best of what Theodore has to offer. I was hoping Varly would be ready to take over but it's just not the case right now. I'm starting to think our future in the net might be on the Bears right now. Heard nothing but good things about his promise, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an appearance for the Caps this season. Much later in the season, but still. . . It could happen.

Tonight's game was sloppy all-around. They didn't look like the same team, so hopefully it was just an off-night and they'll recover. It happens. Either way, this is a VERY tough part of the schedule, so if they can grab 4 or 5 points over the next 3 games, that would be impressive.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Ghost Dancer

What can anyone tell me about section 110, row C? I got a pair of tickets for Columbus on 11/1, which will make it my first NHL game (been to a few Bears games since I grew up near Hershey).

Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoalie29 View Post
So we got a chance to take my daughter to her first Skins game this Sunday and coming out of the game I hear my wife excitedly say: "Oh my God, that's Nick Backstrom! And Mike Green!"

Sure enough, the two of them were walking outside FedEx so we got a chance to say hello, shake their hands, and congratulate them on their great start to the season. Awesome!

See what going to a Skins game has done for these guys .........

Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Papoose

Went to the game last night: Caps vs Sharks

It was a great game! Ovechkin got two within 28 seconds!

First NHL game and it was fantastic. Can't wait to go again!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX Shenanigans View Post
Went to the game last night: Caps vs Sharks

It was a great game! Ovechkin got two within 28 seconds!

First NHL game and it was fantastic. Can't wait to go again!
I'm jealous. I was supposed to go to that game but I had to go to Syracuse for work instead. I did get home in time to watch some of it though. Caps put together a nice game. I heard the Varly chants. He looked pretty good, which is a good sign because he looked awful for a few gameds there.

Where did you sit?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:21 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibleedburgundy View Post
I'm jealous. I was supposed to go to that game but I had to go to Syracuse for work instead. I did get home in time to watch some of it though. Caps put together a nice game. I heard the Varly chants. He looked pretty good, which is a good sign because he looked awful for a few gameds there.

Where did you sit?
Best complete game of the year since their opening win over Boston.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Warrior

When the Caps went up 2-0 against the Predators last night, Ovechkin officially had more goals this season than their entire team.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaKiller View Post
When the Caps went up 2-0 against the Predators last night, Ovechkin officially had more goals this season than their entire team.
I also knew that the game was far from over. We build a lead only to watch it vanish. Goalie is going to be the death of this team unless we tighten it up.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:47 PM
hR Owner

First division game for the Caps tonight. They'll be in Atlanta.

Go Caps.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Chief

Been entirely too long since the last game.

Just got tickets to the Flyers game next Tuesday. Section 107 row X. Should be a pretty good view.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:46 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibleedburgundy View Post
Been entirely too long since the last game.

Just got tickets to the Flyers game next Tuesday. Section 107 row X. Should be a pretty good view.
Yeah, I hope they come out ready to go. Atlanta is playing pretty well. [I think]