Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > The hR Washington DC Sports Forum > Caps, Nats, and Bullets!

Old 10-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Warrior

Good thing they're able to put up some decent leads through 2 periods, because they sure seem to blow it in the 3rd. Varly lets in way too many soft goals. Theodore's been a bit more solid, even great at times, but he's still gotta step up his consistency.

But I won't complain about a division win.

Going to my first game next Friday!

Old 10-26-2009, 07:13 AM
hR Owner

It was good to see the Caps come back and win the game Saturday night. They fell behind 2-0 in the third period. Thoroughly outplayed in every aspect of the game. Yet, was able to tie it up in the third period and win it in OT.

Theodore played great.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Chief

That's what's so fun about the Caps. It ain't over until the fat lady sings when you can score like they can.

They're pretty much the opposite of the Redskins in every conceiveable way.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Warrior

A great, great game tonight. Went down 2-0 against Philly and dominated from there. Jose is playing out of his mind right now, saving 41 of 43 shots. This was his best performance I've ever seen from him in a Caps jersey.

Every point was scored by the first line of Ovi, Backstrom, and Semin. The best line in hockey today, I'm sure of it.

And just like that, they've won 5 in a row.

We deserve this team right now. Washington sports needs this.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Chief

That was an awesome game. Agree, Theo was fantastic. Looks much better than last year IMO. There were barely any Philly fans there tonight. Great crowd.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Great Spirit

Watching the game against the Predators now. Looks like there is about 100 people there. The NHL needs to cut some fat, ditch some of these teams and streamline the league IMO

Old 10-30-2009, 08:17 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWGZHEAD View Post
Watching the game against the Predators now. Looks like there is about 100 people there. The NHL needs to cut some fat, ditch some of these teams and streamline the league IMO
Couldn't agree more. I told my wife that it looked like a Redskins game.

Ovie in unbelievable. I know I should be used to it by now, but every game he plays just reinforces that he's the best player in the NHL. 2 goals and a beautiful assist.

However, the third period defense continues play like chit. 3 more goals allowed in the 3rd period. It's a good thing the Caps are averaging close to 4 goals a game.

On to the Islanders tonight in DC.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Warrior

Tonight is my first Caps game ever. Totally excited and hoping to make it 7 wins a row. This first month has go to be one of the best starts in franchise history.

I think we've only had 2-3 games where the team played solid for the full 3 periods, but thankfully 2 periods of Caps hockey is apparently better than 3 periods from most other teams. That won't last forever, but I gotta believe they'll get it together soon.

Glad the power play figured out how to put up points again.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaKiller View Post
Tonight is my first Caps game ever. Totally excited and hoping to make it 7 wins a row. This first month has go to be one of the best starts in franchise history.
How'd it go? I'm going to my first game tomorrow...I think I'll be 5 rows off the glass

Old 10-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Ghost Dancer

Dang you guys need to get out more.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCampbell View Post
How'd it go? I'm going to my first game tomorrow...I think I'll be 5 rows off the glass
It was awesome. I loved it. Sucks that we lost, but the atmosphere was great. I'm definitely going to try to make it to several more this year.

After all the hassle of the Redskins games I've been to, the ease of getting to Verizon center, getting inside and to our seats was a more than pleasant surprise. The difference is truly remarkable.

Your seats sound great, as were mine. I'm glad I paid the extra money for excellent seats for my first game there. You'll have a good time for sure.

(About an hour after typing this, I got some tickets for $55 in section 104 for Wednesday night! Hope you had a good time. Eventually they'll have to win one of the games we attend...)

Last edited by InsomniaKiller : 11-01-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Ghost Dancer

So...first hockey game...Ovie gets hurt...Caps 20 seconds from winning and end up losing in OT...might not wanna go again

But seriously, we were 3 rows away from the glass right on the blue line on the side that the Caps shoot twice. Initially I thought they were great seats, but due to the angle it made it nearly impossible to the see the other end's corner. It took me two periods, but I finally got to the point where any time the punk got down there, I was looking up to the jumbotron and got pretty good at going back between the two to know what exactly is going on.

Next time I wanna get behind the net, about halfway up, then I can see everything develop better.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCampbell View Post
So...first hockey game...Ovie gets hurt...Caps 20 seconds from winning and end up losing in OT...might not wanna go again

But seriously, we were 3 rows away from the glass right on the blue line on the side that the Caps shoot twice. Initially I thought they were great seats, but due to the angle it made it nearly impossible to the see the other end's corner. It took me two periods, but I finally got to the point where any time the punk got down there, I was looking up to the jumbotron and got pretty good at going back between the two to know what exactly is going on.

Next time I wanna get behind the net, about halfway up, then I can see everything develop better.
Upper body strain (?) .......... will be evaluated on a weekly basis (??) ....... could be out as much as 3-5 weeks ...........

Old 11-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Warrior

Ovi's feeling "a lot better" as of a couple days ago. Has been traveling with the team and skating during practice. Hasn't been ruled out for returning on Wednesday, but I think next week is probably more likely, based on nothing more than a hunch.

Lots of additional injuries suffered last night in a good solid win against Florida. A couple defensive players are "game-time" decisions for tonight, including Mike Green.

Hopefully the team will be back to full strength soon.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Chief

That shootout last night was awesome! 11 rounds and Varlamov comes out on top. I've never seen anyone stop that many guys in a row. He's got all the tools, just needs to be consistent. If the Caps can get good goalie play, they would be unstoppable.