Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 01-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Firebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Except I don't make up something trolling for a fight like you are here, I just like to discuss the issue to get to the facts. And you're lying about this since you started your comments on this subject responding to someone else and not me. If you don't like what I post, feel free to ignore list me anytime you want to.
LOL...Now I'm making it up...That's funny. Yes I know...You and only you can be right on every single thing that happens with the Washington Redskins. Perhaps you should take your own advice on this matter. You won't, but perhaps you should.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Ghost Dancer

Big Tex why continue to troll? Please take it to PM so the rest of us dont need to read it.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Firebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquared View Post
Big Tex why continue to troll? Please take it to PM so the rest of us dont need to read it.
It's not trolling when I stand by what I say about my opinion of the Archuleta signing. I'm not going to post something I don't believe. I have my opinion and akhhorus has his own opinion. Neither can be presented as fact, but rather just as an opinion, which both takes are. The difference is I realize what I'm saying is an opinion on the situation.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
Typical response...You're getting from me what you attempt to dish out to everyone else who disagrees with the comedic analysis you post. Just giving you a taste of your own medicine.
^^This is personal. Take it to PM

Old 01-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Firebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquared View Post
^^This is personal. Take it to PM
To channel my inner Troy Aikman you're exactly right. That comment did have the overtone of being of a personal nature on my part and should've been in a PM. My apologies for that one.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Brave

Quote:
By your logic, if Snyder made me the GM, and I signed Britney Spears to play left tackle for 100 million dollars a season, thats on Snyder for signing the check.
No that's on Snyder for letting someone of your qualifications make important decisions.

In all seriousness, yes Snyder is responsible for every check he signs and every check he allows his hired help to sign. It's called ultimate responsibility. You know, the buck stops here? yada yada? The reason Snyder doesn't get a free pass like most owners should be plenty clear, but if they aren't I'll spell it out: he has a long history of signing "name" players who are past their prime to ludicrous contracts.

I wouldn't in a million years believe that Williams had cart Blanche to not only pick his players without anyone else having a say, but to decide how big a check to write.

Frankly third party rumors don't impress me much, Arch had the feeling of a Snyder splashy signing. Rumors from a friend who heard from an agent etc. not withstanding.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Code Talker

Quote:
Williams is a great DC when he thinks he isn't a great DC. When he thinks he's great, the defense falls apart.
That sums it up nicely. It seemed like he stopped what was successful once he got his accolades. The first year I remember blitzing and QB pressure, then after that he seemed to live off reputation.

Getting back on Topic
Old 01-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Papoose

Default Getting back on Topic

So it seems that it is a forgone conclusion that Shanny is coming. Any predictions for OC,DC?

Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebel10 View Post
So it seems that it is a forgone conclusion that Shanny is coming. Any predictions for OC,DC?

It sounds like his son Kyle will be OC. I bet Rick (or Rich) Denison will be o-line coach. Josh McDaniels is looking for scape-goats, and it's pretty likely he cans Denison at the end of the season (most folks call that sunday night, lol).

Old 01-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Medicine Man

To me this is another circus orchestrated by Dan Snyder using legitimate names, but oddly placed and unbalanced.

I'm not getting my hopes up just because Allen and Shanahan will be in charge. In reality this is business as usual at Redskins park and the only thing different are the names.

Cloak and Dagger covert operations to cover up the whole coup. The big "secret." The big "splash." The exponential turnover and Emmy award winning offseason. The periodic media pearls of some unexpected performance turned in by a few players that turns out to be all hype planted by, for all I know, Karl Swanson.

And then of course, all of this followed by a disappointing season or two and throw in a token playoff appearance here and there that will be be automatically followed by a counter-productive offseason that appears on the outside to be improving the team but in reality spinning wheels as far as talent level, alienating the current roster, and possibly give hope that this time is it.

Been there done that.

I'll bookmark this post for 3-4 years from now and save my time reposting the obvious.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebel10 View Post
welcome.. you will love this site

OC ? Kyle
DC?? Mike Zimmer, if he can get him. Jerry Gray, if he cant..

Old 01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Code Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanouel8 View Post
To me this is another circus orchestrated by Dan Snyder using legitimate names, but oddly placed and unbalanced.

I'm not getting my hopes up just because Allen and Shanahan will be in charge. In reality this is business as usual at Redskins park and the only thing different are the names.

Cloak and Dagger covert operations to cover up the whole coup. The big "secret." The big "splash." The exponential turnover and Emmy award winning offseason. The periodic media pearls of some unexpected performance turned in by a few players that turns out to be all hype planted by, for all I know, Karl Swanson.

And then of course, all of this followed by a disappointing season or two and throw in a token playoff appearance here and there that will be be automatically followed by a counter-productive offseason that appears on the outside to be improving the team but in reality spinning wheels as far as talent level, alienating the current roster, and possibly give hope that this time is it.

Been there done that.

I'll bookmark this post for 3-4 years from now and save my time reposting the obvious.
What else would you have the Danny do?

1. Fans wanted Vinny gone - Check
2. Fans wanted a legitimate GM - Check
3. Fans wanted a solid head coach - Check
4. Fans wanted a FO that is going to take care of the OL - Check
5. Fans want Danny to step back - We'll see

So far Danny is doing everything we as fans wanted him to do. If he steps back and lets Allen/Shanahan make the football decisions and we still suck, I don't see how that could be on Danny.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:29 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunBunch5 View Post
What else would you have the Danny do?

1. Fans wanted Vinny gone - Check
2. Fans wanted a legitimate GM - Check
3. Fans wanted a solid head coach - Check
4. Fans wanted a FO that is going to take care of the OL - Check
5. Fans want Danny to step back - We'll see

So far Danny is doing everything we as fans wanted him to do. If he steps back and lets Allen/Shanahan make the football decisions and we still suck, I don't see how that could be on Danny.
The only thing you can check is number 1. The rest remains to be seen.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
The only thing you can check is number 1. The rest remains to be seen.
Agreed. And I'd change #5 to "... step back and stay the **** out of any and all football decisions".
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Grumpy Old Man

i would give him #2, as well

Allen is a legitimate GM