Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #46  
Old 12-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Patrick's Avatar
Patrick Patrick is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monrovia, MD
Posts: 12,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
If we're going to disqualify any coach who was fired from his last job, I don't know who exactly qualifies.
Ture ... so then Russ Grimm becomes interesting and IF Zorn finishes out with three wins he can not be discounted.
__________________
Being optimistic about the Redskins is a challenge but I REFUSE to give up!
Reply With Quote

  #47  
Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 PM
shally's Avatar
shally shally is offline
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new orleans, now the palm springs of washington
Posts: 59,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Ture ... so then Russ Grimm becomes interesting and IF Zorn finishes out with three wins he can not be discounted.
honestly, i dont think Allen was hired to retain Zorn, no matter what he does the last 3 games.
I could see them trying to retain Campbell much more than Zorn
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #48  
Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 PM
BigTex BigTex is offline
Firebuilder
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
I wasn't a fan of Shanny being the HC and GM...but I could certainly live with Allen as GM and Shanny as HC/President. I think they are both strong personalities that wouldn't let Snyder get his nose too far into the decision making. Dont' get me wrong, Danny will have "some say"...as evident by the "All decisions made will be Redskins decision" comment at the Press Conference. But I think Danny will have less with experienced guys like Shanny and Allen around. In fact, I dont' think Shanny will come to the Skins unless Danny gives him assurances that his level of input will be limited.
I can live with Shanahan being our head coach under this setup. I DID NOT want him to be here if he was going to be the head coach and the GM. That would've been a complete and utter disaster to give him control of personnel. I feel good about having a real GM in here that will make the calls on draft picks instead of having Shanahan doing two jobs.
Reply With Quote

  #49  
Old 12-18-2009, 11:12 PM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Ture ... so then Russ Grimm becomes interesting and IF Zorn finishes out with three wins he can not be discounted.
The only way Zorn has a chance is if he gets a picture of Snyder, Allen and a duck in bed. Grimm has no chance also.
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.
Reply With Quote

  #50  
Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 PM
EZCUSE's Avatar
EZCUSE EZCUSE is offline
Papoose
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 43
Default

I heard the only reason Allen was hired was specifically for Shanahan. I guess Shanahan needed a GM that was good with getting the finances in line and getting the football team he coached under the cap so he can make player personnel moves.

I heard the only think Allen will be in charge of is the Skins financial situation and Shanahan will have control of pretty much everything else.

Seems to me the Allen/Shanahan duo was a package deal.

Anyone hear the same thing?
Reply With Quote

  #51  
Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Fathead's Avatar
Fathead Fathead is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ???
Posts: 5,903
Default

I can't imagine any scenario where Zorn is kept. His stupid offense didn't work until we brought in a 5 year retiree Bingo caller. That is an offense worthy of firing right there.
__________________
Fire underachieving career killing grunts rendering our season successes meaningless and null.
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old 12-19-2009, 03:25 AM
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
SpicyMcHaggis SpicyMcHaggis is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rome
Posts: 16,811
Default

I would have no problem with Allen and Shanahah. Both seem to have established themselves as legitimate professionals in the NFL, and have both proved capable of building/coaching a winning team.
That's all that I ask of Snyder. Once those two pieces are in place, just get the hell out of the way and let them do their job.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #53  
Old 12-19-2009, 05:02 AM
WarEagle's Avatar
WarEagle WarEagle is offline
Sagamore
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 6,870
Default

Didn't he luck out in the QB lottery years ago? That's his claim to fame, I guess. He neglects the defense, from what I've read. His pressers appear joyless and monotone. There's no "there" there with this guy. Another rich burnout.

God, please let Shanahan stay home and collect his free money...
Reply With Quote

  #54  
Old 12-19-2009, 08:46 AM
skins4life24's Avatar
skins4life24 skins4life24 is offline
Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
The only way Zorn has a chance is if he gets a picture of Snyder, Allen and a duck in bed. Grimm has no chance also.
What? no asian hooker reference? lol
__________________
Sic semper tyrannis
Reply With Quote

  #55  
Old 12-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Goskins11's Avatar
Goskins11 Goskins11 is offline
Code Talker
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mountville,PA
Posts: 1,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle View Post
Didn't he luck out in the QB lottery years ago? That's his claim to fame, I guess. He neglects the defense, from what I've read. His pressers appear joyless and monotone. There's no "there" there with this guy. Another rich burnout.

God, please let Shanahan stay home and collect his free money...
not sure if you mentioned this in another thread, but who would you like to coach the team next year? just curious...
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #56  
Old 12-19-2009, 09:55 AM
skinsfan-ny skinsfan-ny is offline
Papoose
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 35
Default

Maybe a deal is in the works. And we thought out best time of year was during free agency. PFT reports that Blache interviewed to comply with rooney rule.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-redskins-job/
Reply With Quote

  #57  
Old 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Goskins11's Avatar
Goskins11 Goskins11 is offline
Code Talker
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mountville,PA
Posts: 1,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan-ny View Post
Maybe a deal is in the works. And we thought out best time of year was during free agency. PFT reports that Blache interviewed to comply with rooney rule.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-redskins-job/
like the grumpy old man said," the job isn't even vacant yet". will this fly with the nfl?
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #58  
Old 12-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Canuck Canuck is offline
2008 hR Fantasy Football Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goskins11 View Post
like the grumpy old man said," the job isn't even vacant yet". will this fly with the nfl?
It will because Blache will say all the right things if the NFL chooses to investigate.
Reply With Quote

  #59  
Old 12-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Hr fan Hr fan is offline
Healer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
honestly, i dont think Allen was hired to retain Zorn, no matter what he does the last 3 games.
I could see them trying to retain Campbell much more than Zorn
+1 - enuf said.
Reply With Quote

  #60  
Old 12-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Hr fan Hr fan is offline
Healer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZCUSE View Post
I heard the only reason Allen was hired was specifically for Shanahan. I guess Shanahan needed a GM that was good with getting the finances in line and getting the football team he coached under the cap so he can make player personnel moves.

I heard the only think Allen will be in charge of is the Skins financial situation and Shanahan will have control of pretty much everything else.

Seems to me the Allen/Shanahan duo was a package deal.

Anyone hear the same thing?
No hearing, but this does not stop me from believing this is correct.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |