Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 12-18-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
If we're going to disqualify any coach who was fired from his last job, I don't know who exactly qualifies.
Ture ... so then Russ Grimm becomes interesting and IF Zorn finishes out with three wins he can not be discounted.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Ture ... so then Russ Grimm becomes interesting and IF Zorn finishes out with three wins he can not be discounted.
honestly, i dont think Allen was hired to retain Zorn, no matter what he does the last 3 games.
I could see them trying to retain Campbell much more than Zorn

Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Firebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
I wasn't a fan of Shanny being the HC and GM...but I could certainly live with Allen as GM and Shanny as HC/President. I think they are both strong personalities that wouldn't let Snyder get his nose too far into the decision making. Dont' get me wrong, Danny will have "some say"...as evident by the "All decisions made will be Redskins decision" comment at the Press Conference. But I think Danny will have less with experienced guys like Shanny and Allen around. In fact, I dont' think Shanny will come to the Skins unless Danny gives him assurances that his level of input will be limited.
I can live with Shanahan being our head coach under this setup. I DID NOT want him to be here if he was going to be the head coach and the GM. That would've been a complete and utter disaster to give him control of personnel. I feel good about having a real GM in here that will make the calls on draft picks instead of having Shanahan doing two jobs.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:12 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
The only way Zorn has a chance is if he gets a picture of Snyder, Allen and a duck in bed. Grimm has no chance also.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Papoose

I heard the only reason Allen was hired was specifically for Shanahan. I guess Shanahan needed a GM that was good with getting the finances in line and getting the football team he coached under the cap so he can make player personnel moves.

I heard the only think Allen will be in charge of is the Skins financial situation and Shanahan will have control of pretty much everything else.

Seems to me the Allen/Shanahan duo was a package deal.

Anyone hear the same thing?

Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Shaman

I can't imagine any scenario where Zorn is kept. His stupid offense didn't work until we brought in a 5 year retiree Bingo caller. That is an offense worthy of firing right there.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Great Spirit

I would have no problem with Allen and Shanahah. Both seem to have established themselves as legitimate professionals in the NFL, and have both proved capable of building/coaching a winning team.
That's all that I ask of Snyder. Once those two pieces are in place, just get the hell out of the way and let them do their job.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Sagamore

Didn't he luck out in the QB lottery years ago? That's his claim to fame, I guess. He neglects the defense, from what I've read. His pressers appear joyless and monotone. There's no "there" there with this guy. Another rich burnout.

God, please let Shanahan stay home and collect his free money...

Old 12-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
The only way Zorn has a chance is if he gets a picture of Snyder, Allen and a duck in bed. Grimm has no chance also.
What? no asian hooker reference? lol

Old 12-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Code Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle View Post
Didn't he luck out in the QB lottery years ago? That's his claim to fame, I guess. He neglects the defense, from what I've read. His pressers appear joyless and monotone. There's no "there" there with this guy. Another rich burnout.

God, please let Shanahan stay home and collect his free money...
not sure if you mentioned this in another thread, but who would you like to coach the team next year? just curious...

Old 12-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Papoose

Maybe a deal is in the works. And we thought out best time of year was during free agency. PFT reports that Blache interviewed to comply with rooney rule.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-redskins-job/

Old 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Code Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan-ny View Post
Maybe a deal is in the works. And we thought out best time of year was during free agency. PFT reports that Blache interviewed to comply with rooney rule.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-redskins-job/
like the grumpy old man said," the job isn't even vacant yet". will this fly with the nfl?

Old 12-19-2009, 10:39 AM
2008 hR Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goskins11 View Post
like the grumpy old man said," the job isn't even vacant yet". will this fly with the nfl?
It will because Blache will say all the right things if the NFL chooses to investigate.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
honestly, i dont think Allen was hired to retain Zorn, no matter what he does the last 3 games.
I could see them trying to retain Campbell much more than Zorn
+1 - enuf said.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZCUSE View Post
I heard the only reason Allen was hired was specifically for Shanahan. I guess Shanahan needed a GM that was good with getting the finances in line and getting the football team he coached under the cap so he can make player personnel moves.

I heard the only think Allen will be in charge of is the Skins financial situation and Shanahan will have control of pretty much everything else.

Seems to me the Allen/Shanahan duo was a package deal.

Anyone hear the same thing?
No hearing, but this does not stop me from believing this is correct.