Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Peter King: Skins will be busiest team when FA opens
Old 03-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Great Spirit

Default Peter King: Skins will be busiest team when FA opens

Hope he's wrong.

LINK

Old 03-04-2010, 09:33 AM

If this does turn out to be the case – can we interpret this as Snyder’s inability to stay out of the GM’s roll and things really have NOT changed.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Hope he's wrong.

LINK
If the Skins sign less than 5 players, it'll still be portrayed as a big effort in the press. That's the rep from the press and it's hard to change. Yes, our team has mistakenly gone after over the hill players and bad fits in years past, but it's not year in-year out as the "jornalists" tribe would report. However, none of those guys (reporters) are very original. It would take a bit of originality to point out what is accurate rather than what people are used to hearing. Case in point, the reality of Haynesworth's contract is less than the $100m that is breathlessly reported. We shall see.

While I wish the team were MORE EFFECTIVE regarding free agency, and we all lament the bad hires, I still would rather be a fan of a team that will reinvest their profits in players rather than say......the Eagles who were $30mil under the cap when they went to the Super Bowl. With that $30mil in cap space, wouldn't it have been nice for their fans if they'd actually spent some money to get a viable compliment for T.O.? Perhaps that amount would have been enough to find players to help put them over the top. Then perhaps their trophy case wouldn't resemble an empty moving box.

Peter King, you're a douche.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
If this does turn out to be the case – can we interpret this as Snyder’s inability to stay out of the GM’s roll and things really have NOT changed.
no because shanny spenty a good bit in denver.shanny and allen are in charge snyders just writing the checks

Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Great Spirit

If we're getting guys, it's going to be because Shannahan and Allen want them. Not Snyder.

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi

Old 03-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Sentinel

Not surprised, the team has many needs with a new staff and few draft picks. Just hope they spend wisely on players that would fit in the system, and not in it just for the money.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Banned

Its nothing to do with how much they spend, its how wisely they use their money that will indicate whether things have truly changed.

Dansby for example could make a good pickup at LB
Peppers I think is too costly and not a good fit for a team that is not close enough to contending
Sproles, maybe, but how much is he going to cost?
Rolle could be OK, but I hope they look at Bodden as a cheaper and as good CB than Dunta Robinson.
Also, will they spend "solid" (but not stupid) money on good regular everyday linemen and trench players, depth etc

If we spend a billion dollars on Peppers that might look "Snyderish", but I am expecting a lot different approach, but would still appreciate a good bit of activity in the FA market because we have so many freaking holes, so may as well make use of the owners money

Old 03-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Comanchero

I don't understand the thinking that we have to shy away from FA because if we don't that means Dan Snyder is still running the circus. First, Shanny is taking over a team of players that may or may not be suited for his style of play. Like most teams that have BAD years and hire a new coach, the new coach NEEDS to get HIS players. I would completely expect the Redskins to be very active in FA as this team NEEDS rebuilding. Second, there is NO salary cap this year. So who cares if we spend a lot of money. If the contracts are structured properly (which the skins have always been good at) and the cap comes back next year it won't matter as they should be smart enough to make the BIG bonuses coun't against the 2010 season. In an NFL with no cap, why would you want to be anything less that the NFL's version of the yankees????? AND Third, the difference I am looking for in FA is that the skins get players that fit their system. Period. As many as possible as this team has a LOT of holes to fill.

Just because the Skins are BUSY in FA does not mean that Dan Snyder is running the show. It simply means the skins were a bad team in 2009 and need to get NFL caliber starters and backups that fit Shanny's system to be a better team in 2010 and beyond.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsdbomber View Post
Peppers I think is too costly and not a good fit for a team that is not close enough to contending
+1

That's the name I keep hearing which bothers me. It just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin-4-life View Post
Not surprised, the team has many needs with a new staff and few draft picks. Just hope they spend wisely on players that would fit in the system, and not in it just for the money.
+1

Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Spirit

Quote:
+1

That's the name I keep hearing which bothers me. It just doesn't seem to make any sense.
in a 3-4 across from orakpo it does.
id like us to sign dansby,hamilton,atogwe(if low tendered),sproles,pashos,thomas,and a corner so we can trade rogers.

its an uncpped year and this roster was 4-12 (even with a good coach we could of had like 7 wins) let shanny and allen make it over

Old 03-04-2010, 10:03 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I don't think so. With a new GM/HC in place, it's understandable that they would be looking to put a stamp on this team. And I have zero problem with being busy during FA.

Snyder will still pay what it takes. Hopefully, the difference will be on who we look to sign. No more over the hill gang types.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:04 AM
hR Staff Writer

King is really going out on a limb there.

Here's my prediction: July will be a hot month in DC.
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold View Post
King is really going out on a limb there.

Here's my prediction: July will be a hot month in DC.
Seriously. Way to bring the heat, Peter.

This just in: I have a feeling free agency is going to start tomorrow.

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist. Football is only two things - blocking and tackling." - Vince Lombardi

Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Scalper

Quote:
Peter King: Skins will be busiest team when FA opens
LINK

Dog Bites Man

SportsCrab: Baltimore-based sports parody site

my blog
- - - - - - - - - - - -
All children are born artists, the problem is to remain an artist as we grow up.
-Picasso