Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Sagamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethefan View Post
I have no problem with giving him a look...someone has gotta learn where the laundry room is and how to park the cars on Fan Appreciation day.
Very funny. This board seems quite anti-Clausen, anti-McCoy, and anti-Tebow. Tebow isn't my first selection either but I WILL support him if Shanny thinks he's the man. It seems many are real narrow minded about our offensive strategy and qb position: either Campbell or Bradford. But right, Campbell hasn't had a good offensive line like Aaron Rogers right? And Bradford sure looked good last year watching the game from home.

All I'm saying is our fanbase needs to be far more open to what direction Shanny takes with qb and the offense in general. Their success offensively has been superior to anything we've had in forever and in them we should trust. Our previous methods were ineffective here in DC and I for one and ready for a real offense here.

Last edited by The Skinsinator : 03-18-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinmayhem View Post
I could see Shanny taking a flyer on him in the later rds but not before the 3rd. To further complicate things, we don't have a 3rd lol.

that means, IMHO, we need to get starters out of the first two picks. Unless he's there in the 4th or 5th round, I'm not too worried. I doubt we'll pick him.

He's an interesting prospect though...I'll give him that.
+1. If Shanny wants him he knows more than we do, but our OL needs are so great... Would BA trade a 2011 2nd for a 2010 3rd to take him?

Old 03-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Chief Moderator

Smokescreen

Old 03-18-2010, 08:56 AM

I tell you what. I am impressed by Tebow's apparent work ethic. In 5 weeks he has made great strides with his throwing motion. Still he is a project, but I am not as down on him as I was after seeing him throw in his pro-day.

Obviously, it all changes when the pads go on and the tendency to revert to life-long habits will be hard to work through, but at this point, if he is on the Board when our 4th comes up, I would not be mad if we took him.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Sagamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
if he is on the Board when our 4th comes up, I would not be mad if we took him.
Agreed. However I think Shanny is going to address the qb position well before our 4th pick and highly doubt Tebow holds out till then. Starting to wonder if he'll last to the 2nd round yet alone rounds 3 or later. Jacksonville may nab him at pick 10. There's just too much intrigue and former ridiculous success for some team not to take a flyer on him.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:03 AM
2009/10 hR NFL Pick'em Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
Smokescreen
+1. We have high picks in every rd(if we have a pick), if a team wants him, they will call us so a team like say Cleveland doesnt get him in the 3rd.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
Very funny. This board seems quite anti-Clausen, anti-McCoy, and anti-Tebow. Tebow isn't my first selection either but I WILL support him if Shanny thinks he's the man. It seems many are real narrow minded about our offensive strategy and qb position: either Campbell or Bradford. But right, Campbell hasn't had a good offensive line like Aaron Rogers right? And Bradford sure looked good last year watching the game from home.

All I'm saying is our fanbase needs to be far more open to what direction Shanny takes with qb and the offense in general. Their success offensively has been superior to anything we've had in forever and in them we should trust. Our previous methods were ineffective here in DC and I for one and ready for a real offense here.
The Packers led the league in sacks allowed this season.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Hunter

Dude is a winner which is much more than I can say for Claussen.. Given my choice of the two and where we would have to pick them I would take Tebow in the second over Clausssen in the first

Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Chief Moderator

The only QB in this draft that I'm even remotely sold on is Bradford. Claussen, Tebow...etc all have such big questionmarks.

I simply can't get a pulse on Claussen. I'm not sure if he is the next Tom Brady...the next Joey Harrington...or anything in between. I do know that Tebow has the "it factor"...is a winner, and seems to be able to rally his teamates at a moment's notice.

However, I really don't think the Skins are serious about Tebow. Maybe if they also had a need at TE/HB. If so, they could always move him to that position if he doesn't pan out at QB. But the Skins already have a packed stable at TE/HB.

My guess is that the Skins will entertain Tebow...give some hints that they may considering him in the 2nd and give the impression that 1 or both of the 2 QBs will fall past #4...thus taking away the possiblity of someone trading up.

This draft sort of reminds me of the year the Wiz had the #1 and the talent was garbage that year. I just feel like the Skins picked the worst possible year to have a top 5 pick...

Old 03-18-2010, 10:48 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Very funny. This board seems quite anti-Clausen, anti-McCoy, and anti-Tebow.
Maybe because they have massively large red flags as prospects? Bradford's only real one is his shoulder(but thats quantifiable with extra medical checks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
This draft sort of reminds me of the year the Wiz had the #1 and the talent was garbage that year. I just feel like the Skins picked the worst possible year to have a top 5 pick...
I disagree with this, I think there's some seriously great talent in this draft early. If the skins end up with Suh, McClain, Bulaga or Bradford, they almost certainly made a dramatic improvement to the roster.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Sagamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Maybe because they have massively large red flags as prospects?
So Bradford being out essentially an entire season due to an injury isn't a big deal? Or how about his other previous durability issues also?

Or how about his 3/4 motion and his arm strength isn't the greatest?

Or how about his playing out of Kevin Wilson's no huddle-shotgun bs college offense? I can't tell you how many times Bradford through a simple screen and Iglesias or Gresham would take it to the house.

You're right Clausen may not have played out of a "true" pro offense at ND but it was a heckuva lot more pro than what Bradford came out of. Look Bradford may turn into a great qb but he comes with red flags also. He is not the SUREFIRE franchise qb many assume he will be. How would this board feel if we drafted him and he gets severely hurt in on his first few starts? Irate. If big bad BYU hurt Sam's shoulder I shudder at would Philly, the Eagles, or Dallas would do.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Sagamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fent View Post
The Packers led the league in sacks allowed this season.
Yeah I know. I was being extremely sarcastic with that comparison.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:09 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Or how about his 3/4 motion and his arm strength isn't the greatest?
Philip Rivers on line 2 about the throwing motion, and Bradford's arm strength is pretty good.

Quote:
Or how about his playing out of Kevin Wilson's no huddle-shotgun bs college offense? I can't tell you how many times Bradford through a simple screen and Iglesias or Gresham would take it to the house.
Fent made a good point recently that this is overhyped. He did play under center a lot more than advertised and can clearly read defenses pretty well. Which is the primary concern about shotgun offense College Qbs.

Quote:
You're right Clausen may not have played out of a "true" pro offense at ND but it was a heckuva lot more pro that what Bradford came out of. Look Bradford may turn into a great qb but he comes with red flags also. He is not the SUREFIRE franchise qb many assume he will be.
I don't think that anyone is saying that he's a sureful franchise Qb, but he has far less question marks about him than any other Qb in this draft.

Quote:
How would this board feel if we drafted him and he gets severely hurt in on his first few starts? Irate. If big bad BYU hurt Sam's shoulder I shudder at would Philly, the Eagles, or Dallas would do.
I could make the same case about Clausen's big toe that can't seem to heal. Or Tebow's concussions. Or McCoy's dead arm. Or any college Qb who's been hurt.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Sagamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
I could make the same case about Clausen's big toe that can't seem to heal. Or Tebow's concussions. Or McCoy's dead arm. Or any college Qb who's been hurt.
Clausen played with his big toe and at a pretty high level. McCoy took his team to the national title game with his dead arm then I guess it died at the beginning versus Alabama. Tebow won the Heisman and a national championship while being unconscious apparently.

Look AKH I've watched literally every snap Bradford has taken. He is talented and damn good. But I really worry about his durability. I also didn't like the fact he stayed at OU rather than opt to go pro in 2009 ala Matt Leinart. Makes me question how much he truly values a nfl opportunity.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:

All you seem to be saying is that Claussen (sic) is the guy you want the Redskins to pick. I'm guessing you're a Notre Dame fan?

McCoy isn't the same level of prospect as Bradford or even Claussen (sic). He might turn out to be a good value pick for someone down the line, but anyone who takes him in the first round is reaching.

Tebow, on the other hand, is a complete waste of a draft pick before the 4th round if someone wants him to play QB. Many of the knocks against Bradford and McCoy is that they played in a spread offense, but at least both of them played something resembling what a QB does in the NFL. Tebow played in a spread option that was heavy on the option. He is nowhere near ready to play QB in the NFL -- and that's before you get into his 1920s baseball pitcher release which would make playing QB in the NFL a physical impossibilty for anyone.

Defending Tebow as a QB is a new level of surreal. The more I read your posts, the more I think you're more a Bradford hater than anything else who latches onto any QB that's not named Bradford just to be a contrarian.
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.