Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 03-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fent View Post
I'd agree that all successful teams build great lines, but I don't think there's a specific order it has to go in. If you can get the QB this year and let him sit while Grossman gets the crap kicked out of him, then grab those linemen next year, go for it. I'll be fine either way, I just think you have to find a way to get that franchise QB and if they think Bradford is that guy and the Rams will take him, I won't fault them for finding a way to grab him.
In the Skins particular situation I think it would be a bad idea to trade up for Bradford. To me he is too risky - he is not of the caliber of Matt Ryan, Stafford or Sanchez. To trade high draft picks in 2010 or 2011 for him (especailly if he sits for a year) considering all the holes on our roster and only 5 picks in 2010 is lengthing the rebuilding process not shortening it. I would much rather build the skins similar to the Jets - build up the lines, running game and defence and then get your franchise QB (trade up if you have to).

I guess it depends on your view of Bradford. i think he is too risky to pick even at #4. If the skins could trade down and then grab him I would be Ok with it, but it looks like that will never happen.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnpegSkinsFan View Post
In the Skins particular situation I think it would be a bad idea to trade up for Bradford. To me he is too risky - he is not of the caliber of Matt Ryan, Stafford or Sanchez. To trade high draft picks in 2010 or 2011 for him (especailly if he sits for a year) considering all the holes on our roster and only 5 picks in 2010 is lengthing the rebuilding process not shortening it. I would much rather build the skins similar to the Jets - build up the lines, running game and defence and then get your franchise QB (trade up if you have to).

I guess it depends on your view of Bradford. i think he is too risky to pick even at #4. If the skins could trade down and then grab him I would be Ok with it, but it looks like that will never happen.
I consider him to be better than all 3 of those guys, personally. Stafford never lived up to expectations on some stacked UGA teams, and the other 2 never struck me as must-haves. Bradford, to me, is as good a QB prospect to come out since the Eli/Rivers/Sex Offender draft.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Warrior

I like the idea of taking Bradford at 4 but not trading up. If he is gone are there any quarterbacks coming out next year up to his caliber?

Old 03-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins74 View Post
I like the idea of taking Bradford at 4 but not trading up. If he is gone are there any quarterbacks coming out next year up to his caliber?
A lot of people are touting Locker, but he's still the same player that was given a 3rd round grade by the draft status committee.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
A lot of people are touting Locker, but he's still the same player that was given a 3rd round grade by the draft status committee.
+1

and he has to prove he can be a big time producer when the pressure is on next year.. he is no sure thing as of now

Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamVet4 View Post
You make a lot of good points, Fent. However, as much as I agree with the fact that this team is now rebuilding for at least two years, I don't feel confident in watching us trade up and loose picks by grabbing a QB this year. All successful teams start by building the lines...
just my 2 cents!
agree with you namvet, i dont claim to know a lot about anything but for some reason not really sold on bradford, he played on a team filled with talent on both sides of the ball, never took many snaps from the center,besides gaining about 20 pounds really what has he done in football for the past two years, still think anyone spending the big bucks would have concerns about his shoulder ,no way should we give up the farm to move up 3 spots to take him,and i for one not completly sold on the rams taking him regardless of what others think,seems like one person started the rams taking bradford and then everyone else jumped on the band wagon, if he was there at 4 and we took him would not be upset , at the same time if we took four o linemen and a running back would be happy with this.

nha trang vet 69

Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Moderator / 3 PEAT [2010-2011-2012] hR Fantasy NBA Champion

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...es-in-pro.html

Quote:
It'd seem very unlikely, at this point, that Bradford will be picked anywhere besides No. 1.

The question now becomes, who grabs him at that spot? Do the Rams lock him up and start negotiations right away? Or do they entertain trade offers? (It's worth noting that one of the first people to greet Bradford after his workout was Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo.)
So if Bradford and Okung are gone( like I've thought all along they would be) who do we take at number 4? My only hope is that we can trade back with someone wanting McCoy.

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 03-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post

So if Bradford and Okung are gone( like I've thought all along they would be) who do we take at number 4? My only hope is that we can trade back with someone wanting McCoy.
I don't necessarily know that Okung would be gone in this situation. I could very easily see Bradford and then some combination of Suh/McCoy/Berry going 2-3. Who knows, though. The scenario of Bradford 1, Okung 2 is the very reason a Thursday night first round is BAD. I'll want to drink heavily and then I have to be at work Friday morning.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:15 PM
hR Staff Writer

Interesting that despite his great pro day, the Rams have told ESPN that they aren't going to make any decisions until his private workout a few days prior to the draft....very interesting.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:16 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I don't necessarily know that Okung would be gone in this situation. I could very easily see Bradford and then some combination of Suh/McCoy/Berry going 2-3. Who knows, though. The scenario of Bradford 1, Okung 2 is the very reason a Thursday night first round is BAD. I'll want to drink heavily and then I have to be at work Friday morning.
We would take Bulaga or Trent Williams in that scenario I bet.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
We would take Bulaga or Trent Williams in that scenario I bet.
I would imagine so. We'd better take the full 15 minutes, though, as any trade down scenario should be considered in that situation.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:26 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I would imagine so. We'd better take the full 15 minutes, though, as any trade down scenario should be considered in that situation.
LMAO

* sobs *
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Interesting that despite his great pro day, the Rams have told ESPN that they aren't going to make any decisions until his private workout a few days prior to the draft....very interesting.
I think they're hoping to get a Mike Ditka-esque deal to move down a few spots from someone like us lol. But barring any such offers I think they'll pick Sam number 1.

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 03-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Firebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post

I'd imagine we'd feign serious interest in Clausen, in the hope that someone will want to trade up. Bills maybe?

Old 03-29-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I think Okung will go to Detriot or Detriot will trade down with someone that wants a LT.