Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Discussion Forums > Potomac hR Political Air Out

Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich View Post
Not to mention trying to find matches for organ and bone marrow transplants.
Good question. In the case of medical surveys, I do include my ethnicity as it it obviously relevant. It certainly isn't relevant for driver's licenses, job applications, security clearances or general surveys. I didn't put an ethnicity on the census, either.
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold View Post
Good question. In the case of medical surveys, I do include my ethnicity as it it obviously relevant. It certainly isn't relevant for driver's licenses, job applications, security clearances or general surveys. I didn't put an ethnicity on the census, either.
See I did for the Census. I omitted the personal info they ask for on the census. Names and SS#s. WTF do they need that for?
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:48 AM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
Excuse me? What happened in the Civil Rights movement was the country finally enforcing it's laws, namely the 14th Amendment which provides for equal protection under the law. In so doing, men, women and children of all colors, but mainly Black withstood fire hoses and police dogs to bring attention to the issue.

I wish we could get free education. That is a form of repayment. Giving us what is naturally ours isn't payment of anything. Nice attempt though.
I am referring to affirmative action and preferential quotas.

Quote:
I didn't use them because they aren't as widespread as people like you try to claim.
They exist. That's what I said.

http://www.amazon.com/Illiberal-Educ.../dp/0684863847

Quote:
As to my girls' you were attempting to question their blackness by citing their percentage. I was merely pointing out to you that they would have still been called Nigger in a different time period and so their claims of blackness are as valid as mine and my Father's.
I wasn't questioning their blackness, I was quantifying it. I am not sure I understand how someone can claim blackness based on whether their father or grandfather would have been called a pejorative. That speaks to you teaching them to live mentally in a world they don't live in. I would have been called an injun and forced on to a reservation in a different time period.

Quote:
Oh please. My tongue has been firmly planted in my cheek when I refer to myself that way.

Who doesn't personally identify with their heritage Dave? Don't you identify with you Polish heritage and all that comes with it?

And Dave, contrary to your belief, I have been wronged by racism, so if I am talking about it in a personal way, try hearing me instead of resorting to "That doesn't happen in today's time". Yes, it does. And further, my experiences shape my world view just like anyone else's.
I identify as Polish only because of my last name. I am only a quarter Polish all the same. I prefer not to identify as anything other than American regardless.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
I wasn't questioning their blackness, I was quantifying it. I am not sure I understand how someone can claim blackness based on whether their father or grandfather would have been called a pejorative. That speaks to you teaching them to live mentally in a world they don't live in. I would have been called an injun and forced on to a reservation in a different time period.
That's just it, I don't think it can be quantified. Nobody would have known that you were 3 and 1/8% Indian nor would anyone have forced you to live on a reservation. Blackness however was easily recognized and they had a term for what my daughters would have been called. Quadroon, in accordance with the one-drop rule. And teaching them historical fact is teaching awareness, not victimhood.

Yea, I think that we check Other or all that apply is pure evidence that I am teaching them to live mentally in the past You are reaching because you simply don't like my views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
I identify as Polish only because of my last name. I am only a quarter Polish all the same. I prefer not to identify as anything other than American regardless.
More evidence that that African American experience is unique. We weren't treated as Americans until 1964. As Such, we acknowledge our unique heritage. That is not living in the past as you assert, that is knowing thyself.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:21 PM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

Quote:
That's just it, I don't think it can be quantified. Nobody would have known that you were 3 and 1/8% Indian nor would anyone have forced you to live on a reservation. Blackness however was easily recognized and they had a term for what my daughters would have been called. Quadroon, in accordance with the one-drop rule. And teaching them historical fact is teaching awareness, not victimhood.

Yea, I think that we check Other or all that apply is pure evidence that I am teaching them to live mentally in the past You are reaching because you simply don't like my views.

More evidence that that African American experience is unique. We weren't treated as Americans until 1964. As Such, we acknowledge our unique heritage. That is not living in the past as you assert, that is knowing thyself.
There you go.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:30 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
I was challenging the notion that inherited guilty is strictly religious. War indemnities are an example of future generations having to pay the cost.
Yes, and wars end when outside forces beat the country that had to pay indemnities. The country in question didn't voluntarily fix their problems(and the indemnities were charges immediately after the conflict). The US gov did re: slavery.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:33 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Sure. There are some diseases and disorders that only affect one “racial” or ethnic group. For example, sickle-cell anemia is a blood disorder unique to people of African descent. There is something that is unique to people of Asian descent as well, but I don’t recall what specifically that is.
The problem is that even with someone who's clearly white or black, there's so much genetic mixing from the winds of history that no one is clear of genetic based diseases.